Sources: Peters to Eagles for three picks

Malta, I would say there's a big difference between the 21st and the 28th pick...which are both first rounders.

I agree with you San jose. I'd much rather have had the 21st pick than the 28th pick. We probably can't get Pettigrew with the 28th pick. *sigh*

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only concern is that the #21st pick would have gotten Pettigrew. No way he falls to us now. With so many draft picks and so many holes to fill at least we can actually draft the best player available. We have options now:

11: DL (Orapko, Raji, Brown)

28: OT (Britton, Oher (if he falls))

42: TE (Nelson, Cook, Coffman)

or:

11: OT (Oher, Britton (too early though)

28: TE (Pettigrew, Ingram, Nelson)

42: DE (Sidbury, Barwin, Johnson)

We lost a LT who screwed us last year, was unhappy, no dedication to team.. statistically among the worst LT in sacks allowed. Many false starts, holding calls . . He was a FA pick up right ? ...so from nothing we got 3 good picks . I applaud the Bills for this move. They offered him good money but I wouldn't throw the bank at him with the stunt he pulled on the team last year.

Your opinion fits mine the best, so you are brilliant. :wallbash:

Throw in the fact that we'll get 3 picks for an UDFA tight end...

We did all right. Let's move on.

One of the worst trades of all time. Trading an all pro LT tackle in his prime? Horrible. Oh yeah, here is the other bad news: the current front office will be selecting the players for these draft choices. Good luck.

My only concern is that the #21st pick would have gotten Pettigrew. No way he falls to us now. With so many draft picks and so many holes to fill at least we can actually draft the best player available. We have options now:

or:

You know what would be even better?

Peters

11: Ayers

42: Ingram

Abbey Road. The first thing that I did when I went to London was have my picture taken walking across Abbey Road (as many other tourists have).

Very cool. It certainly has nothing to do with the Bills, but I always liked the Beetles myself. I watched Paul McCartney doing a recent concert on some cable station the other night. He has to be in his mid 60's at least, by now. You could never tell, he cranked out hit after hit and sounded awesome.

One of the worst trades of all time. Trading an all pro LT tackle in his prime? Horrible. Oh yeah, here is the other bad news: the current front office will be selecting the players for these draft choices. Good luck.

In his prime that quit on his team last year and when he was gone the Bills were 5-1. :wallbash:

lol. very true.

there is no such thing as fair value when you get unproven draft picks for a proven NFL starter w 2 pro bowls. Bills Lose

or:

So now do we keep the 11th overall due to a huge need for an OT? If Oher's still there, we have to take him, but if not, listen to offers for teams to trade up for our 11th? Thoughts anyone?

I can't wait to watch Peters get destroyed against the NYG twice a year. Then sprinkle in a little Dallas 3-4 pass rush a couple of times. Sorry Jason the probowl handouts are over.

I only wish you knew what the hell you are talking about. I'd feel better. Unfortunately you are wrong and he is a dominant player and we got shafted. This sux!

Everybody ... Just wanted to let you know things are happening so fast and my phone is ringing so much I won't be able to post every link today. Please check the AFC East blog for updates as I learn them.

Damn, what else is going on???

So now do we keep the 11th overall due to a huge need for an OT? If Oher's still there, we have to take him, but if not, listen to offers for teams to trade up for our 11th? Thoughts anyone?

What huge need? We have Walker, he'll step right in! Chambers to RT McKinney at LG. I'm looking for a 4th round interior OL, that will be fine. Let's go get a WR and TE in the first so Trent will have plenty of weapons. Actually, I think Moreno and Pettigrew will be the best draft! That way we can trade Freddie too! And then in the second we can take a DB that has "great value"!

In his prime that quit on his team last year and when he was gone the Bills were 5-1. :wallbash:

Peters started the last five games of that 5-1 stretch. The Bills' record in games he missed the last two seasons, including his first-half injury against the Giants: 2-3.

2007: Giants 38, Bills 21; Eagles 17, Bills 9.

2008: Bills 34, Seahawks 10; Bills 30, Broncos 23; Pats 13, Bills 0.

So you would have rather just paid the guy that burned his team LAST year and the guy that still have two years on his contract who would have probably sat out even though the Bills were offering him around $9 million a year? Makes sense to me. And people thought T.O. was a cancer.

My belief is that an organization that is striving for greatness would have recognized Peters importance and would not have driven this car off the road.

This organization's lack of leadership and vision is glaring,and will result in continued mediocity (at best) in the coming years.

Hmm....maybe if they didn't make such a HUGE mistake and overvalue and overpay Dockery, the Bills could have paid Peters like the All-Pro that he is.

or:

Maybe we can trade our 3rd and Philly's third back to them in order to jump to 21? How does that work on the ol' draft value chart?

Everybody ... Just wanted to let you know things are happening so fast and my phone is ringing so much I won't be able to post every link today. Please check the AFC East blog for updates as I learn them.

The link: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast

And this should tell us all we need to know about the relationship between Peters and the Bills:

Peters likes what he's hearing from Eagles

Peters is meeting with the Philadelphia Eagles sans agent Eugene Parker, and talks are going extremely well. So well, in fact, that the deal could be announced Friday. The initial expectation was it could take until Sunday.

I think you take him, but I don't know enough about him honestly. I'm sure he'll still be there. I wish we could grab Pettigrew in the first round but it won't happen. We're left in limbo at #28. My guess is we take Unger/Mack there since it's good value, then take a DE in round 2 and Coffman in 3 (although I'd love to deal a 4th for Scheffler and let him compete with Fine).

What huge need? We have Walker, he'll step right in! Chambers to RT McKinney at LG. I'm looking for a 4th round interior OL, that will be fine. Let's go get a WR and TE in the first so Trent will have plenty of weapons. Actually, I think Moreno and Pettigrew will be the best draft! That way we can trade Freddie too! And then in the second we can take a DB that has "great value"!

Walker does not have the footwork to play LT. He will get beaten by speed rushers. So, we now need to keep a back in to help on the left side, one less outlet for Trent.

The view from the other side, courtesy of ESPN NFC East blogger Matt Mosley:

Peters will be a huge upgrade for Eagles

Eagles fans have been waiting all offseason to see what their team would do with a surplus of cap room and draft picks. And on Friday, Andy Reid and Co. answered the bell by agreeing in principle on a trade that would bring Bills left tackle Jason Peters to Philadelphia.

Peters

At first blush, I think the Eagles made a solid deal in giving up the No. 28 overall pick and a fourth-rounder for Peters. I'll be anxious to see what pick the Bills receive in 2010, but no matter what, it appears the Eagles have solidified the most important position on the offensive line for the next five years or so.

Peters has outplayed his contract in Buffalo and his ability warrants the type of contract he's about to receive (likely in the $11.5 million range). Quarterback Donovan McNabb reportedly wanted to take a wait-and-see approach as to what the Eagles might do to upgrade the offense. In my mind, Peters is a bigger upgrade than any receiver out there (Anquan Boldin and Braylon Edwards) would be.

Peters, an undrafted player out of Arkansas, has emerged as one of the best left tackles in the game. Playing in Buffalo kept him under the radar, but now he'll have a chance to perform in front of national audiences on a regular basis.

I only wish you knew what the hell you are talking about. I'd feel better. Unfortunately you are wrong and he is a dominant player and we got shafted. This sux!

Dominant player when motivated... where was that motivation last year when he came from sitting on his fat butt?

From Tim's latest:

"Peters is meeting with the Philadelphia Eagles sans agent Eugene Parker, and talks are going extremely well. So well, in fact, that the deal could be announced Friday. The initial expectation was it could take until Sunday. "

More proof Peters didn't want to be in Buffalo anymore?

From Tim's latest:

"Peters is meeting with the Philadelphia Eagles sans agent Eugene Parker, and talks are going extremely well. So well, in fact, that the deal could be announced Friday. The initial expectation was it could take until Sunday. "

More proof Peters didn't want to be in Buffalo anymore?

Tim's source said the contract with the Eagles is going to "make Peters very happy". Another source said it's likely to be around the 11.5 mil. That would have made him happy in Buffalo, too.

What you and others fail to understand is that Peters had no blocking assignment on that particular play. He did his job, which was to just stand there like a fat stupid load and watch Elam beeze by, unmolested, right to the QB.

Yes, yes you are so right! I can't believe that the Eagles would consider him valuable enough to trade for, and then to pay. In fact, I don't understand why we let Dockery go since he did such a fine job on that play! You'd of thought we would have just cut JP and kept Dock.

Brutal.

Just absolutely wretched.

It breaks down like this.....we are a cold weather team that had a suckass OL for 15 or so years. Finally, we luck into a blocker with huge talented, a tough s.o.b. What to do? We trade him away for a few bu!!schit draft picks that we all know what Jauron and company will do with them.

Bills Fans primarliy consist of blue collar raised tough guys. We sit in the elements and cheer our favorite team, and they look like a bunh of whatever the politically correct term for midgets is these days.

Flbills, 1billsfan and all the rest of you Losman fans (in or out of the closet).....please hear this.....I am feeling your pain, and I mean this sincerely. Unless Trent is even better than I thought (and I think he is good), this really might seal the deal on his development. This really sucks.

Oh well, any news about Donte Whitner? :wallbash::lol::censored::censored::wallbash:

F-ck this team. Time to take a couple days off from being a Bills fan. See y'all when my anger has subsided a bit. :wallbash:

I am with you 100%. It's sickening. I feel just like the day we lost Drury and Briere.

Just absolutely wretched.

It breaks down like this.....we are a cold weather team that had a suckass OL for 15 or so years. Finally, we luck into a blocker with huge talented, a tough s.o.b. What to do? We trade him away for a few bu!!schit draft picks that we all know what Jauron and company will do with them.

Bills Fans primarliy consist of blue collar raised tough guys. We sit in the elements and cheer our favorite team, and they look like a bunh of whatever the politically correct term for midgets is these days.

Flbills, 1billsfan and all the rest of you Losman fans (in or out of the closet).....please hear this.....I am feeling your pain, and I mean this sincerely. Unless Trent is even better than I thought (and I think he is good), this really might seal the deal on his development. This really sucks.

Oh well, any news about Donte Whitner? :wallbash::lol::censored::censored::wallbash:

screw peters - chump plays (or sits) for the eagles now. i'm a bills fan...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Please.

THIS is the day you are humiliated? Not the countless on the field mishaps or flops?

No kidding. The Bills traded up to get JP Losman and McCargo and now humiliated? Please.

screw peters - chump plays (or sits) for the eagles now. i'm a bills fan...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Me too Senator, and I want them to win every bit as much as you. We disagree on a player or 2, but the Bills matter more than this freaking idiot. I know this. The thing is, we don't have a left tackle and we haven't had a really good one since Wolford. Fina? He wad decent for a year or 2, but in all he was an undersized bag of s--t.

And here we are, back to square 1.