Sources: Peters to Eagles for three picks

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is awful, simply awful. Who the F--- is going to play LT now? How about LG? You finally find a pro bowl LT after searching since 1993 (wil Wolford) and now this is how you treat the man? This organization is completely ridiculous. Yeah, we saved $1.5 million, cash to cap wahhhh!!!! We have draft picks!!! Wahhh....friggin ridiculous.

This is the first day in my 33 years of life I can honestly say I am friggin embarassed to be a Bills fan!

Seemed like this was an inevitability...oh well, now they move on.

Stoking things - could the Bills be thinking about packaging and moving up?

I'd hope not, they need as many picks as they can get. At this point, use the #11 on Andre Smith or Oher, use 28 on Pettigrew if he's there or the best DE available (Johnson, Brown, Ayers, etc).

Well, the Bills actually did better then I thought they would. They actually got the second of Philly's first round picks in next weeks' draft and a fourth rounder. Since they were really just trying to dump his Peters and his salary demands, I thought for sure they would not even get either first round pick from the Eagles this season.

So now Langston Walker can officially mover back over to the left side for good, and the Bills can draft a kid to compete for the starting right tackle spot. I wonder how warm and fuzzy Trent Edwards is feeling about this decision to save money??

Next, I can't wait to see what the Eagles sign him for. Anybody want to bet that he will get his 11 Million per season that so many die hard fans out here think he doesn't deserve??

Seemed like this was an inevitability...oh well, now they move on.

Stoking things - could the Bills be thinking about packaging and moving up?

Well Cinci, that would mean (among other things) that they would potentially lose the opportunity to fill two needs and only fill one need instead. And moving up would reduce the amount of money they would "save" by trading Peters.

We just created another need that we have to fill. So at #11 we take a tackle? And at #28 we take Pettigrew? So we won't draft a pass rusher till #42?

Like I said earlier, I'm disappointed in the compensation.

Please.

THIS is the day you are humiliated? Not the countless on the field mishaps or flops?

Nope, never humiliated. My team played and lost, it happens. Its football.

You weren't embarrassed after they kept Jauron? You must be one of those people who kept their season tickets.

Nope, not at all. My opinion on Jauron would never have made me embarassed to be a fan of this team like today did.

Believe me, I have never made a statement like that before and don't take it lightly.

This trade proves that there is absolutely no commitment to winning from that organization.

Please.

THIS is the day you are humiliated? Not the countless on the field mishaps or flops?

They would not be the Buffalo Bills if they did not repeatedly break my heart. Usually, they do it during the season. This time they let the Eagles fleece us.

At a minimum, it should have been the 21st pick in the draft and a third -- at a minimum. Instead, we gave the Eagles a left tackle that they never would have been able to get with the 21st or the 28th pick in the draft. At best (for the Eagles), they would have had to package both their 21st and 28th pick in the draft to get in the top of the draft to have a chance at one of the top three left tackles in the draft -- all of which are unproven commodities.

Horrible deal by the Bills.

Good riddance. I'd like to know the terms of that conditional pick next year.

Me too. If it could be as high as a 1st rounder based on post-season accolades, it would make this a much better trade.

At least he's gone. He did not want to play in Buffalo. It will be interesting to see what kind of contract the Eagles give him. But the front office just got burned big time by the Eagles.

I'm sooooooooooo sick of seeing this BS. He liked Buffalo, it was BEING THE 21ST HIGHEST PAID LT IN FOOTBALL (and the 29th highest paid overall) THAT HE DIDN'T LIKE.

They would not be the Buffalo Bills if they did not repeatedly break my heart. Usually, they do it during the season. This time they let the Eagles fleece us.

At a minimum, it should have been the 21st pick in the draft and a third -- at a minimum. Instead, we gave the Eagles a left tackle that they never would have been able to get with the 21st or the 28th pick in the draft. At best (for the Eagles), they would have had to package both their 21st and 28th pick in the draft to get in the top of the draft to have a chance at one of the top three left tackles in the draft -- all of which are unproven commodities.

Horrible deal by the Bills.

Do you think the Bills had any other options? What other NFL team needs a LT, has that much cap space and that many picks to work with?

Its not like the Bills could have said "Well, The Raiders are willing to give us so and so...you need to increase your offer"

I honestly think Philly was the only team interested with what Peters' was selling. Do I think we could have gotten a third instead of a fourth? Maybe. Either way, its not that far off from what I expected.

No way in hell Peters would have netted us two first rounders, absolutely not.

If Peters was in the draft pool, the lions most likely would have taken him first overall. Now I know we were not trading him to a top ten pick team-but the 28th pick is horrible compensation. less than likely to replace him w a probowl caliber player there-or at 11. draft is a crap shoot, and we traded a sure thing. frustrating. <_<

I'll reserve judgement until I see what the conditions on the 2010 pick are. As it stands, its a bit underwhelming, but at the same time, but they didn't have much choice.

Agreed, if the conditional pick can be up to a second rounder I'll say good trade.