(OT) My wife is sick

Bill from NYC

She wakes up at night in agony. This has been happening for almost 8 weeks. She has been to 5 doctors. The MRI is on thursday, and we will supposedly have more answers. There is also another, seemingly less serious problem.

Right now, she is, of all places, at work. I am urging her to quit and take it easy, but she does not want to jeopardize payments of college tuition for my daughter. Speaking of daughters, all 3 of them are worried sick.

I tend to think of myself as fairly strong. I have been shot at, hit with rocks and a brick, punched and sued. The thing is, right now I am scared.

I have been a part of the TBD Community for many years, and have seen some positive results.

I am asking for some positive thoughts and/or prayers for Millie, the wife of 20 years of a cop and a Bills fan.

Thanks.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She wakes up at night in agony. This has been happening for almost 8 weeks. She has been to 5 doctors. The MRI is on thursday, and we will supposedly have more answers. There is also another, seemingly less serious problem.

Right now, she is, of all places, at work. I am urging her to quit and take it easy, but she does not want to jeopardize payments of college tuition for my daughter. Speaking of daughters, all 3 of them are worried sick.

I tend to think of myself as fairly strong. I have been shot at, hit with rocks and a brick, punched and sued. The thing is, right now I am scared.

I have been a part of the TBD Community for many years, and have seen some positive results.

I am asking for some positive thoughts and/or prayers for Millie, the wife of 20 years of a cop and a Bills fan.

Thanks.

29879[/snapback]

You know you got mine, Brother. Call me if you want. You got the number.

Thanks.

29879[/snapback]

My prayers are with you and your whole family. May the best come of this. That sounds like a scary situation and you have every right to be scared, as I would too. This coming from a father of 4 daughters so I know how they must feel.

God bless.

She wont listen to me. She has zero business being at work.

I am at that point where posting here helps take my mind away from what is going on.

You people are great.

29906[/snapback]

Sounds like a girl I know. They can be stubborn !@#$s, can't they?

Thanks.

29879[/snapback]

Hang in there, Bill. Sending my prayers to you and your family.

Sometimes people go to work in the face of extreme adversity because it is how they stay sane. Feel free to e-mail or pm me if you want to talk. Let us know how the MRI comes out. I have had three head and brain stem MRIs and I can say they are not bad. Let me know if you have questions about that.

Well this may seem trite, but the tendency is to think the worst and you accept that as being the likely outcome. More often than not the worst is not reality. Keep that thought unitl you have a educated diagnosis.

Bill, we don't agree on much, but we completely agree on this. I am thinking of Millie and yourself. Hang in there. Give her all of our well wishes. There's strength in numbers. Good luck to you.

30173[/snapback]

What Kelly said Bill, we don't agree on much in Politics, but this is much bigger than either politics , (which we don't agree on) or football, which we do. I'll keep Millie in my prayers and you hang in there.