Caleb Williams is off to a rough rookie start

On 5/24/2024 at 9:04 AM, prissythecat said:

Matt Barkley , Matt Leinart the list of overrated USC QBs goes on 

The USC QBs who have flamed out have all been golden boys.  Caleb’s not in that mold.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Caleb Williams is not small or short LOL 

Hes 6'1 7/8 lol so 6'2 220 lb 

He is the strongest quarterback in the pocket in his draft class 

He isn't Bryce Young 

Lol

Pre-draft measurables

HeightWeightArm lengthHand span

6 ft 1+1⁄8 in
(1.86 m)214 lb
(97 kg)32 in
(0.81 m)9+3⁄4 in
(0.25 m)

All values from NFL Combine[26][27]

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 11:09 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

I know he’s just getting used to the NFL but I always thought this talk of Caleb being this once in 5 year kinda talent was little off. Everytime I saw him go against a defense with a pulse in college he struggled. Hopefully that isn’t the case for the Bears sake.

Honestly, the guy seems like such a mental case, I always thought he would be a bust…time will tell…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Come on guys. He seems like a good kid. Lets wish for his success (obligatory "except against the Bills"). 

The league is better with more good QBs and not fewer. It makes games more fun and the league as a whole more interesting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Come on guys. He seems like a good kid. Lets wish for his success (obligatory "except against the Bills"). 

The league is better with more good QBs and not fewer. It makes games more fun and the league as a whole more interesting.

Does he?  I wonder if Kincaid and Bishop would agree..

14 hours ago, benderbender said:

A mew coach is more likable than a hiss coach

vs-17322.jpg

Ok wiseguy.  New, not Mew, amd at least I didn’t write this..

I can make fun of myself too.  I’m pretty good at it as I’ve had enough practice.

Ill admit, that was funny bender

• Haha (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 6:41 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Ok wiseguy.  New, not Mew, amd at least I didn’t write this..

I can make fun of myself too.  I’m pretty good at it as I’ve had enough practice.

Ill admit, that was funny bender

I must get in on this!

429673459_796180469211398_4657947341095526107_n.jpg

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 5/24/2024 at 11:36 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

If Williams doesn't work out, it's time for the Bears & Jets to be banned from drafting 1st round QBs.  

I'll repeat an unpopular belief of mine: Coaches don't ruin QBs, scouts & GMs ruin their teams with bad QB choices.  It was never the Bills coaches who ruined EJ & JP, it was bad scouting. They would have been busts with any coach.  

JP Losman was ruined by coaching actually... I'm with you on EJ

On 5/26/2024 at 1:07 AM, Fan in Chicago said:

He doesn't seem like a good kid with his attitude... his raw emotion and dependence on parents takes me back to a player like Jeff George. He had incredible talent but he just could never control himself enough to be a star in the league. You have to have ice in your veins and a strong back to throw off the frustration away and he has neither. I am just not buying this guy at ALL.

• Agree 2

On 5/25/2024 at 10:39 PM, Charles Romes said:

Lol

Pre-draft measurables

6 ft 1+1⁄8 in
(1.86 m)214 lb
(97 kg)32 in
(0.81 m)9+3⁄4 in
(0.25 m)

Wow he measured in at only 6 1!? I don't get the hype with this guy at all. What makes so many think that a 6'1" qb is a guaranteed all star. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

16 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

JP Losman was ruined by coaching actually... I'm with you on EJ

JP had one of the best QB coaches in the league in Sam Wyche & still failed.  Then he went to the UFL & was going to be "coached up" by offensive guru Jim Fassel and was still nothing upon his return to the NFL.  JP was ruined by JP & nobody else.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The kid is easy to root against, he’s a pompous ass bag.  I find myself hating on him for no reason.   It wouldn’t be a shock to me if NONE of the QBs taken in the first round this year amount to anything.   Time will tell and when he gains a bit of humility Williams will be easier to tolerate.

On 5/24/2024 at 6:05 AM, kitchen sink said:

As a Bills supporter, I am hoping that the Bears have the worst season possible in 2024 and the Bills get the first pick in the fourth round of the draft next year. 

They can have the 2nd worst season. The Vikings need to be worse because of that 2nd rd pick we have of theirs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

22 minutes ago, Gambit said:

They can have the 2nd worst season. The Vikings need to be worse because of that 2nd rd pick we have of theirs.

Good thinking but that is going to be a VERY interesting division. Imo, Vikings and Bears all added talent. WIth the Packers on the upswing and the Lions also having a good team, its going to become the AFCE version of the NFC. Providing of course that McCarthy and Williams are half way competent out of the gates. But they have ready receiving talent to help them along. 

9 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

JP had one of the best QB coaches in the league in Sam Wyche & still failed.  Then he went to the UFL & was going to be "coached up" by offensive guru Jim Fassel and was still nothing upon his return to the NFL.  JP was ruined by JP & nobody else.    

My only complaint with how JP was handled was they didnt let him play though his rough patches. He started 16 games, played pretty well. Started the next season and got hurt and never really got another chance despite Trentative not exactly lighting it up 

On 5/24/2024 at 6:05 AM, kitchen sink said:

As a Bills supporter, I am hoping that the Bears have the worst season possible in 2024 and the Bills get the first pick in the fourth round of the draft next year. 

2nd worst season, ideally the Vikings are worse.

• Like (+1) 1

I stopped believing in reports from OTA's and practices or at least taking them with a grain of salt when people were talking about how awful this Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes was looking in practices in his rookie and sophomore off-season. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 10:39 PM, Charles Romes said:

Lol

Pre-draft measurables

6 ft 1+1⁄8 in
(1.86 m)214 lb
(97 kg)32 in
(0.81 m)9+3⁄4 in
(0.25 m)

Even 6'1 isn't even super short... Bryce young is 5'10, Kyler Murray is 5'10... THAT'S SHORT... he just isn't really tall

He's taller than Baker Mayfield, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson.. taller than Vick and Tua he's a little smaller than DeShaun Watson yet plays stronger than him

He also was 218 lb at the pro day... Is definitely going to be playing around 220 in his career

and has 9 7/8 hand size bigger than mahomes 

You also didn't address my comment of how he is the strongest quarterback in the pocket in the draft... Measurables are great... But how strong you play in the pocket also determines a lot 

And he is vastly stronger in the pocket than Drake Maye ,Daniels and every other quarterback in the class

So you say he's small yet he is the strongest in the pocket and shakes off more sacks than everybody in draft 

Kyler Murray is a tiny quarterback.. Caleb Williams isn't huge but he is very strong has a cannon and mobile 

That's the modern NFL quarterback

Edited by Buffalo716

On 5/24/2024 at 4:21 PM, Doctor Duck said:

With you, but we want the Vikings to be the worst for top pick of the 2nd round, and Bears 2nd worse for the 4th. 

Good Call Doctor Duck, I had forgotten about that pick. 

I revise my hope for the bears to be the second worst record in 2024 with the Vikings having the worst so we can have the first pick in the second round and second pick in the fourth round.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/25/2024 at 10:31 PM, Billl said:

The USC QBs who have flamed out have all been golden boys.  Caleb’s not in that mold.

I agree that the USC qbs have all been golden boys, but I don’t remember any of them running to cry on mommas shoulder and wearing nail polish.  He seems like the biggest diva of them all.