Stefan Diggs Skips OTA Texans

33 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

If MVS, Claypool, Coleman, or Samuel wasn't in Buffalo would that be an issue?  It’s strange and the type of thing I think he likes.  Its a modern day publicity stunt.  Get online engagement and be able to market himself for sponsor deals.  

Sponsor deals from who? Nexium for causing heartburn? Excedrin for being a headache? Preparation H for being a pain in the bum?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wait, what? 

Lol it was a joke referencing when everyone ran wild with some social media nonsense Diggs was mad at Allen because he knocked up some waitress or something that never happened lol

Edited by Alphadawg7

54 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Sorry McCaffrey >>>>>>Diggs

Who cares?  He isn't a Bill anymore so who gives a **** what he does or doesn't do?

Of course McCaffrey is more valuable.  No one's disputing that.  

I was one of the main ones advocating trading for CMC.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

So did Christian McCaffrey.  

Differences are:

1. In McCaffrey's 1st season post-trade he DID show up at the 49ers OTA
  2. Diggs needs to establish a connection with a new young QB
  3. Diggs has a questionable history and perhaps attending a voluntary practice might be a show of good faith and commitment
  4. Many of us don't like Diggs :)

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wait, what? 

I think it's a reference to the rumors that were swirling around Allen and the random speculation that Diggs was pissed at him because of it... with a little bit of politics as a garnish.

7 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

He did this every season here. In all honesty did it ever affect his play?

The problem with Diggs is that is his attitude as well. First, since he didn’t go, we don’t know if it affected his play. But much importantly, there are young receivers on that team that could use “leadership” from a guy like him. But he has always been about himself, playing dress up, and posting weird ***** on Instagram. Minnesota fans warned us. We didn’t listen. 

Don’t forget that Stroud is 22 years old. He’s a kid. When Stef doesn’t get 87 targets in week one, I’m sure he’ll have a mature and level headed reaction. 

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Sponsor deals from who? Nexium for causing heartburn? Excedrin for being a headache? Preparation H for being a pain in the bum?

Them crazy clothes he wears he isn't paying for them.  

2 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Differences are:

1. In McCaffrey's 1st season post-trade he DID show up at the 49ers OTA
  2. Diggs needs to establish a connection with a new young QB
  3. Diggs has a questionable history and perhaps attending a voluntary practice might be a show of good faith and commitment
  4. Many of us don't like Diggs :)

McCaffrey was traded during the season. So technically not his first season.

Diggs has already proven he can establish a relationship with a young QB

What questionable history?

Many of us love Diggs

• Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

New teammates, new playbook, new coaching staff........apparently doesn't see any value is becoming familiar with them sooner.  For a guy that wants to be the number 1 receiver wherever he has been, his absence is not helping to close the gap with Collins and Dell.  He could easily be third in the pecking order for targets.  If that is the case, there's going to be more than a couple of sideline meltdowns.  I'm glad the Bills don't have to deal with it.

A lot of proven vets don't got to OTAs. It's pretty much an unwritten privilege for the higher-mileage guys if they want to skip out, especially the guys who prove they can do it year after year. I'd say Diggs has earned the right to skip, and there's nothing to see here.