Keon Coleman: Josh Allen texted me “You’re the guy I want”

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Obviously I want my franchise QB to have input, and I'm very glad they let him weigh in on his preferences.

That said...Josh has admitted that he doesn't watch "tape" on these guys or break it down with coaches or anything. He watches Youtube highlight reels, like the rest of us. 

I hope -- I really, sincerely hope -- that Josh Allen's preferences don't outweigh all the months of hard work by the scouting department, or all the information, scouting reports, and analytics that Beane has it his dosposal.

And just in case anyone feels like "welp, this is who Josh wanted, so I'm good with it", we should always remember that Josh wanted Ken Dorsey to be his OC, and it arguably cost the Bills two seasons of championship contention.

Allen doesn't seem like the kind who is demanding anything. Just giving his input. And it can go both ways. Beane can tell him, "Here are the receivers we like, and this is why." It is a collaborative process, I'm sure.

• Like (+1) 5

On 4/30/2024 at 10:32 AM, Logic said:

Obviously I want my franchise QB to have input, and I'm very glad they let him weigh in on his preferences.

That said...Josh has admitted that he doesn't watch "tape" on these guys or break it down with coaches or anything. He watches Youtube highlight reels, like the rest of us. 

I agree with the overall thrust of your post, but in his OTA presser Josh said something to the effect of he was "going down to watch film of every catch".  Whether coaches or scouts were there, or how many receivers he watched, I don't know.  It's probably something along the lines of 240 targets per dude, maybe 20 seconds per target - probably 90 minutes per dude, I could see Josh getting through 4-5 guys in a week easily while working out at OTAs and hanging out with the team.

It just bothers me because I feel people partially quote (which in meaning, becomes a mis-quote) Josh a lot here and then fluff it up into a BFD, not saying that's what you do or are doing here, just explaining why I'm kind of picking a nit.

Following this up with: in his appearance on (I think) Pat Macafee podcast - it's linked elsewhere - Beane explicitly said that they gave Josh a group of guys and told him to sit with the coaches and watch their tape together and discuss them and how they would use them.

Edited by Beck Water

18 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

LOL

I've been trying to recall just what Josh said about Dorsey as OC when he was promoted, and it really was pretty much that positive.  There was stuff about "my career changed when he walked into the building" and such like.  Very positive.  

The thing is it didn't stay that way long, it became "I have to see the field the same way he does as OC" which in hindsight, sounds like struggling.

Those are the 4 that were at or around our original pick, but I honestly don't think Worthy was on our board in the late 1st/early 2nd at all.

I also think if the Bills had Legette on there it must have been significantly lower, because Carolina was NOT subtle about telegraphing their Legette Love.

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

I hope -- I really, sincerely hope -- that Josh Allen's preferences don't outweigh all the months of hard work by the scouting department, or all the information, scouting reports, and analytics that Beane has it his dosposal.

And just in case anyone feels like "welp, this is who Josh wanted, so I'm good with it", we should always remember that Josh wanted Ken Dorsey to be his OC, and it arguably cost the Bills two seasons of championship contention.

Yeah of course Josh backed a guy who had by all means been a solid QB coach for him, you should take Josh's opinion there seriously because if he has a problem that'd be kind of a huge red flag. Josh had also had what a High School coach, JC coach, Wyoming Coach, and Daboll in terms of his experience of OCs. I'd take his opinion more seriously now after having experienced Dorsey.

Just have to say laying the blame of the OC pick of Dorsey on Josh just seems like such well in hindsight that was a terrible decision how could you ever have thought that was a good idea. Completely ignoring the fact that everyone thought it was a good idea.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Beane said yesterday on Sirius that he turned down at least 5 good offers to move to #33.

That's interesting since the #33 pick only belonged to one team.  So that one team made a total of 6 offers?  Or 5 teams tried to scam Beane, offering to trade a pick they didn't own?

26 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

‘I think he’s a great quarterback, one of the best in the league right now’

Red flag. He didn’t say the best. 

I caught that. He skipped a beat when asked… and behold, I saw the face of Patrick Mah…. Hahaha

We need to win a f***ing SB and beat the Chiefs on the way!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Who is crying? That seems like an unnecessary personal attack. Feel free to mute me if you are so fragile

I guess we aren't allowed to make jokes anymore around here. Everyone fall in line!

Imagine being so fragile that you go to someone's profile to find their posts and give revenge reactions like you just did

• Haha (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

LOL

I've been trying to recall just what Josh said about Dorsey as OC when he was promoted, and it really was pretty much that positive.  There was stuff about "my career changed when he walked into the building" and such like.  Very positive.  

The thing is it didn't stay that way long, it became "I have to see the field the same way he does as OC" which in hindsight, sounds like struggling.

Those are the 4 that were at or around our original pick, but I honestly don't think Worthy was on our board in the late 1st/early 2nd at all.

I also think if the Bills had Legette on there it must have been significantly lower, because Carolina was NOT subtle about telegraphing their Legette Love.

I think a deal was made ahead of time so they could get Legette in the first.

27 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

That's interesting since the #33 pick only belonged to one team.  So that one team made a total of 6 offers?  Or 5 teams tried to scam Beane, offering to trade a pick they didn't own?

Ummm. Wow

5 teams wanted pick 33 and gave a good offer to Beane for it

1 hour ago, eball said:

You mean to move out of 33, right?

Clearly Coleman was their guy.

Yes wanted the 33rd pick. I don't buy it 100% because it's a great way to say Coleman was there man. 

17 minutes ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

I caught that. He skipped a beat when asked… and behold, I saw the face of Patrick Mah…. Hahaha

We need to win a f***ing SB and beat the Chiefs on the way!

That's weird, I always see the face of Mahomes with Andy Reid standing behind him

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I suppose Coleman was their guy, but if that's the case, why move down from 28?  When KC called, did Beane ask them who they were going to take?  And if so, how did he know that the teams drafting 29-31 weren't going to take him (SF, for example, ended up taking a different WR)?  Did Carolina tell Beane who they were going to take at 32 if he made the trade?...I always wonder how much is known about who other teams are going to select and how it is known.  

Good questions; I do think GMs ask who the team is targeting when making trades.  If you lie or are lied to, it sours future dealings.

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

Yes wanted the 33rd pick. I don't buy it 100% because it's a great way to say Coleman was there man. 

Yes, I'm always wary of the post-draft spin as well, but in this case either Beane was happy with any of the four WRs who went between 28-33 or he knew the other teams weren't targeting Coleman.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Josh wanted Dalton Kincaid too. He's a smart QB so I'm not opposed to deferring to him.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, eball said:

Good questions; I do think GMs ask who the team is targeting when making trades.  If you lie or are lied to, it sours future dealings.

Yes, I'm always wary of the post-draft spin as well, but in this case either Beane was happy with any of the four WRs who went between 28-33 or he knew the other teams weren't targeting Coleman.

the only thing we know is that at pick 33 we did not want mitchell over Coleman.

3 hours ago, Prospector said:

It wasn't though... have you seen his posts ever since we drafted Coleman. He can't help himself... he's on a mission

So everyone that complained for weeks after JA17 was drafted is pathetic?  That’s like half the current message board and the other half that since changed their screen name to save face.  

15 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Why are people disliking this comment? It's obviously a joke 😂

It's less about the post and more about the poster.

He's become a repetitive troll that most of the community is sick of, engages in multiple pointless crusades that he's been repeatedly warned about and suspended for, and is now rapidly approaching the point where he's just going to be permanently removed with no further warnings because folks are tired of his schtick.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8