Esiason, Simms out at CBS Sports

dpberr

16 minutes ago, H2o said:

Half the time Simms and Esiason just took shots at each other. Now they can go argue in Hardee's every Friday morning for breakfast if they want to continue the tradition. 

Wouldn't they want to try Waffle House?  They serve pork chops at Waffle House, did you know that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

Half the time Simms and Esiason just took shots at each other. Now they can go argue in Hardee's every Friday morning for breakfast if they want to continue the tradition. 

If they did a football podcast that's all it would consist of.  

And sadly, it'd probably get views... maybe even a Hardee's sponsorship 😅

• Haha (+1) 1

Good.

For one thing, Esiason and Simms are basically interchangeable to me. I'm not convinced they're not the same person.

If you moved them both around a bunch in front of me like Three Card Monte, and then asked me to identify who was who for $1,000 , I couldn't do it.

I'd argue the network barely needed one of them, but certainly didn't need both. Their pre-game show had really begun to feel old, cranky, outdated, and lacking in excitement and personality.

If the Bills are getting younger and re-tooling, then by God, CBS can do it too!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With all of this turnover we see with sportscasters, I wonder how much of it is based off audience viewership feedback vs wanting to bring someone in at a lesser salary?  

That and sometimes change is just good unless you have something amazing like TNT's Inside The NBA crew. There's probably more talented guys out there.

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, H2o said:

I see a podcast opportunity!  "Make sure to stop by our website gift shop for our range of T-shirts and hats!"

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

If the Bills are getting younger and re-tooling, then by God, CBS can do it too!

If they can do it for sci-fi movies and television, they can do it for broadcasters.  Look for a CGI John Madden, with Caliendo doing the voice.

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Interesting.  The Fox NFL Sunday is still rolling deep with Terry and Jimmy despite both being terrible.  

Terry talks like he got hit in the head one too many times, talking about absolutely nothing besides making only himself laugh with his absolute nonsense jibberish.......and Johnson talks like he's still on the sidelines, not knowing where exactly he is, clueless in every aspect, droning on and on and on and on about a game that has passed him by.

Its unwatchable and yet, they're still going strong.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Interesting.  The Fox NFL Sunday is still rolling deep with Terry and Jimmy despite both being terrible.  

The fans love their stupid unamusing jokes.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I don't even watch pregame shows anymore, but Ryan seems like a good addition.  

He's probably good for the pregame and halftime shows, but he's got to leave before the postgame show.

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

The problem is that they have too many people in these studios.  They just fake laugh about everything instead of having meaningful discussion.  TNF has a better crew than either Fox or CBS.  

Same for the game announcing crews. As legendary Kentucky basketball coach Adolph Rupp would say, “Don’t speak unless you can improve the silence.” And all too often they don’t. I wish we could have an option to silence the announcers s d just hear the sounds of the field like they capture with those clear parabola antenna looking things.

Edited by UConn James
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

With all of this turnover we see with sportscasters, I wonder how much of it is based off audience viewership feedback vs wanting to bring someone in at a lesser salary?  

I guess it is both.  It is like the NFL.  The broadcasters are getting above their cap with these veteran hosts and they are going with rookies with cheaper contracts

9 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Probably a tie-in to the fox news crowd?  I dunno.  Terry's old annoying and i can't even understand him half the time, and Jimmy is just old and out of it (he's 80).  

We need more younger guys that like to yell and be controversial  

• Haha (+1) 2

18 hours ago, njbuff said:

Remember what Hollywood Henderson said about Terry?

"He couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c and the a" 🤣🤣

Well, for a guy supposedly that dumb, ol' Terry has done pretty well for himself ... 4 SB rings, HOF, and a second successful career in broadcasting.

• Like (+1) 1