New Bills WR. Former Lion Quintez Cephus

MAJBobby

10 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I've read where KJ Hamler has "transformed" his body. Said he's really been putting in the work to be ready to play. 

He posted a Pic of him and Josh at the involuntary training.  He had been working hard it seems.

57 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Aaron Quinn believes both Shorter and Cephus will show out well in training camp and preseason, generating a lot of "buzz" amoung  excessively enthusiastic and devoted fans (stans = stalkers + fans)  who will gather together in a vocal support group (hive).

Basically that they're gonna be the new Isaiah Hodgins

Our own ham and egger Andy Isabella was quite the irrational topic as well.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s a huge maybe…

but maybe Beane knows / sees things

about Shorter & Hamler that we don’t? 

if Shorter suddenly was a boundary WR opposite Keon, that would be a nice development

Hamler has 4.3 speed.  He’s been training his body real hard. Looks like he worked out with TO / WR camp.  Also with Josh Allen

being overly optimistic 

Coleman

Shorter

Samuel (line up anywhere)

Shakir (slot)

Hamler 

Hollis 

Shavers / Xavier Johnson (KR/PR)

I’d be surprised if Quintez makes the 53

Edited by Warriorspikes51

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Aaron Quinn believes both Shorter and Cephus will show out well in training camp and preseason, generating a lot of "buzz" amoung  excessively enthusiastic and devoted fans (stans = stalkers + fans)  who will gather together in a vocal support group (hive).

Basically that they're gonna be the new Isaiah Hodgins Brandon Reilly.

FTFY.

42 minutes ago, eball said:

I feel like the Bills are really taking a gamble with this kid.

I hope his nickname is Bo.

115598-bigthumbnail.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=4

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Cephus will make the 53 I think.

This is a very sneaky good add.

Brings more than Shavers, Isabella, Shorter IMO.  I liked the Hamler add as well.

This is going to be an interesting WR camp battle shaping up.

3 hours ago, Success said:

The reactions on this thread border on the ridiculous.

Beane can't even sign a camp body without people losing their minds.

It's my own fault. When Beane said they were in the process of signing someone I envisioned DJ Chark or something along those lines, not an above average WR by any means but a baseline outside WR that at least gives us better pass catching ability than Mack Hollins. I should have known better.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's my own fault. When Beane said they were in the process of signing someone I envisioned DJ Chark or something along those lines, not an above average WR by any means but a baseline outside WR that at least gives us better pass catching ability than Mack Hollins. I should have known better.

The phrase "we worked out a guy today" meant it was always going to be a Camp Body type guy. You don't "work out" healthy, still producing, name FA's.

What sense does it make to sign Mack Hollins sight unseen and then decide that DJ Chark (or someone along those lines) has to prove themselves in a workout? And why would Beane bring in a DJ Chark on the Day of the Draft?

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They are trolling us right? It’s like a science experiment. 

My slightly irrational fear rn is that unencumbered by older, more experienced OCs w their own philosophies McDermott is going to have Brady install the kind of offense he told us he wanted in 2021:

'That has not been my message from Day 1, I can promise you that. If you were in the team meetings in training camp, you would know what style of offense I want. That identity needs to embody toughness'

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It was always going to be a Camp Body type guy. You don't "work out" healthy, name FA's. What sense does it make to sign Mack Hollins sight unseen and then decide that DJ Chark (or someone along those lines) has to prove themselves in a workout?

I appreciate how much the goal posts have changed in this discussion. Before the draft it was "we don't need a WR with our first pick, there will be guys at #60 and in later rounds that will be better value." Instead the next WR taken after our 2nd round pick was taken at #80 (because the 2nd round talents were snatched up much earlier, as easily predicted) and the Bills didn't like any of the other guys enough to take them with our later picks. Then it became "there are still vets in free agency or available for trade!" So much for that, apparently camp bodies is all we can afford. Finally we've made it to "Mack Hollins or Justin Shorter are a better WR5 than people think." The usual suspects that were defending the WR room last year are defending the even worse WR room this year.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I appreciate how much the goal posts have changed in this discussion. Before the draft it was "we don't need a WR with our first pick, there will be guys at #60 and in later rounds that will be better value." Instead the next WR taken after our 2nd round pick was taken at #80 (because the 2nd round talents were snatched up much earlier, as easily predicted) and the Bills didn't like any of the other guys enough to take them with our later picks. Then it became "there are still vets in free agency or available for trade!" So much for that, apparently camp bodies is all we can afford. Finally we've made it to "Mack Hollins or Justin Shorter are a better WR5 than people think." The usual suspects that were defending the WR room last year are defending the even worse WR room this year.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You're misreading into what I said. I don't know how you're getting all of that because I never said ANY of it.

I was NOT saying the WR room is fine with my post and that we shouldn't add anyone else.

What I was saying was that a few minutes after the Draft, Beane saying during a presser "we worked out a guy today we're going to end up signing" always implied it was someone who wasn't a name signing like a DJ Chark or someone along those lines.

Like I said - healthy, productive just last season, name players don't "work out". And if they did do that, it wouldn't be on Draft Day. That's a situation of talking to assistants and being worked out by positional coaches with Beane not having time to meet with them and probably just reviewing a tape and taking others word that they're good. Someone we're paying millions to, Beane is going to dedicate some time to seeing in person and meeting with before committing publicly to signing them.

It was clearly someone who is on the fringe, someone who needs to prove they're healthy, or someone who was out of football for a year or more for us to "work them out". In this case, it was the latter.

Also, we've got like 3m in Cap Space right now. Someone like Chark or like him is going to cost more than that. Also, to do it now instead of a little over a month from now would cost us a Comp pick.

So anything like that will come after June 1st or at least when the Comp qualifying contract deadline ends. And I do hope we look into adding someone at that point. My post was just to say that if you really analyzed the situation from all angles, thinking that statement meant it was going to be one of the name FA left was to be short sightedly setting yourself up for disappointment. It was obvious to me with what was said it was going to be something like this.

But he doesn't preclude us from signing someone like a DJ Chark on or after 6/1 and I would expect that we would.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I hate to break it to you guys but he ran a 4.62 40 yd dash

He needs to ***** catch the ***** ball and ***** hold on to it.  11.1% drops and 4 fumbles is not acceptable for a featured guy.

Not at all suspicious numbers for a guy busted for gambling.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

FTFY.

I'm impressed.  I had to look that one up.

15 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Not at all suspicious numbers for a guy busted for gambling.

Just to be clear, two different convos got quoted in the post you're replying to.  The 4.62 40 yd is regarding Quintez Cephus, though apparently his pro day was faster

The exhortation about catching and holding on to the Duke was regarding Cook, who was a top RB in yards last season but who needs to develop his hands to be a top receiving threat

• Haha (+1) 1