Rd 5, Pick 160: LB Edefuan Ulofoshio, Washington

25 minutes ago, Process said:

No idea who he is but depth at LB was a need. 

Hate on this draft all you want but it just makes sense. Bills are filling in the roster with a bunch of young players, like they needed too, and have set themselves up with a boat load of picks next year as well. Got starters at WR, S and maybe C too. 

There is no reason to hate on the draft.  The Bills came into the offseason in worse cap shape than their primary competetors and more aging players to cut than their primary competetors.  The things to hate on more relate to the position we started the offseason in.  Hopefully the rebuilding doesn't take longer than 2024. 

28 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

This goes both ways. People who haven't put in the work, think they know more about scouting than Beane and the pros. And criticize Beane's every pick, like their own "selection" was an all-pro in waiting.

Roger, but as if Beane & Co. are perfect.  

A good baseline there would be applying those comments to our last six drafts though, no?  

I'd say this, if there's still a potential of a starter out there at a dire position of need, then wouldn't it be wise to go that route rather than grabbing a player that will in every likelihood never be better than a backup? 

Approach has a lot to do with it as well.  Analytical prowess, which guaranteed is not present in all front offices.  

27 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Don't dare try to tell me I haven't put in the work on this draft class.  I did not 1 but 2 mock drafts online last week and picked guys I'd never heard of because their name sounded cool.

I know my sh1t.

😄

You and me both and I even got the Dwayne Cater pick. Just cause he has the same name as Lil Wayne

• Haha (+1) 1

His name is Nigerian; means "not afraid of war" which is appropriate for an NFL player.

Not sure which of the 525 spoken languages in Nigeria it comes from, though.

Most people speak English; obviously not that.

Might be Yoruboid or Bantu.

24 minutes ago, JJGauna said:

Ready for the Miami heat and winter in Buffalo lol.

He moved to Las Vegas when he was sophomore in high school, so he knows how to be hot and cold.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• SDS changed the title to Rd 5, Pick 160: LB Edefuan Ulofoshio, Washington

My wife was annoyed that the draft stretched over 3 days.  Thankfully this amazing name bought me all sorts of good will as she thought it was hilarious.  Then the kids got in on it and I got to watch the rest of the draft without getting yelled at.

I will always appreciate and root for Ulofoshio!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I thought with Milano and Bernard as the starters and Dorian Williams and the vet LB they signed from Philly and Spector the Bills were good at LB. But I think they likely saw how these smaller quicker guys may be more injury prone so having depth is critical. 

I think they will either carry 6 or cut Spector and try to “sneak” Spector on the PS.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I thought with Milano and Bernard as the starters and Dorian Williams and the vet LB they signed from Philly and Spector the Bills were good at LB. But I think they likely saw how these smaller quicker guys may be more injury prone so having depth is critical. 

I think they will either carry 6 or cut Spector and try to “sneak” Spector on the PS.

After how things went down last year I hope they carry 6. But this dude is much cheaper than a guy like Matekevich and has way more upside. 

• Like (+1) 4

16 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think even if I heard of him before I wouldn't know how to pronounce that name 

They said on ESPN that even close family members struggle with the pronunciation.

16 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

NFL Network did not even show the pick

16 hours ago, mrags said:

Here’s a hint: because no one’s ever heard of him. The Bills brass found him on a corner in Somalia I think 

Actually Nigeria by way of Alaska: "In 1984 his Dad immigrated from a war-torn Nigeria to Alaska to build a better life. He earned on accounting degree from the University of Alaska Anchorage while driving a taxi to pay his tution, Eventually he founded "Consumer Care Network- a company that provides in-home care for the elderly people with disabilities… while establishing a successful real estate business as well. His mom Joyce, followed her husband from Nigeria to Alaska and eventually earned a PhD in psychology, all while raising 5 boys and instilling an unwavering work ethic. "We just put one foot in front of the other” Joyce said. “We’re immigrants. For most immigrants the reason you come here is for a better life. So when you get that opportunity you try to make the best of it. Coming somewhere where you are looking for a better opportunity, it minimizes the struggles. You have to endure the hard work. You don’t see that as struggles because you know where you’re coming from and appreciate the opportunity to make something better for yourself and your kids."

16 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

Matakevich's replacement, though a lot more athletic...

Welcome to Buffalo!!!

16 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Probably intended as a replacement for Tyler Matakevich. I'm fine with it. I've been saying we should have day three rookie contracts starting on special teams instead of veteran contracts. It's an easy way to save money so we don't end up in predicaments like we did this offaeason.

This kid isn't only a special teamer:

• All PAC 12
  • Associated Press 3rd Team All-American
  • Butkus Award Finalist.

10 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Thank you for a GREAT observation.

Like Milano and Bernard, this guy plays like he was shot out of a cannon... every play.

I really like the Bills linebacker unit now across the board. It should be the best LB room in the McDermott era.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, mrags said:

This lb is faster than Coleman. 

Jerry Rice and Chris Carter were slower than Coleman. How did they turn out?

I can go in forever about how many WR’s were slower than Coleman throughout NFL history that turned out to be great, but you get the point.

I’m not saying Coleman is the second coming, but stop getting hung up on a stupid 40 time and look at the skills he brings to the WR position that the Bills haven’t had since Eric Moulds was in his prime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1