Rd 6, Pick 204: OT Tylan Grable, UCF

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is the time of the draft when I think they need to eliminate the last two rounds and let these players walk on wherever they believe they have the best shot. 

The NFL Draft was 17 rounds until 1977 when it was reduced to 12 rounds. Then when the salary cap was introduced in 1994 it became 7 rounds.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The NFL Draft was 17 rounds until 1977 when it was reduced to 12 rounds. Then when the salary cap was introduced in 1994 it became 7 rounds.

In 1992, the last year of the 12 round draft, 336 picks were made 

This year 257 players were selected

• Thank you (+1) 1

Having the word “Grab” in your name when you are an offensive lineman is bad luck.

Kind of like that CB the Steelers took once upon a time. Artie Burns. Bad name for a CB.

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Having the word “Grab” in your name when you are an offensive lineman is bad luck.

Kind of like that CB the Steelers took once upon a time. Artie Burns. Bad name for a CB.

He's going to legally change his name to Tylan Neverholding.

• Haha (+1) 4

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm old enough to have experienced it, and a decade before that as well. My comment still stands. These 7th Round guys have little chance of making a roster. It'd be better for them to not be handcuffed to a specific team.

35 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I can't seem to stop watching this. I don't think it's a good sign about the state of my soul.

It is mesmerizing. So many questions go through my head... who's standing there recording this as that little monster is clearly deliberately tracking down her victim... what sort of counseling does the driver need to prevent this sort of behavior as an adult... is it humanly possible to have choreographed a more perfect take down and smooshing than that... why do I find this so horrifyingly funny... what kind of counseling do I need... is the victim alright... why is the health of the victim literally the last thing I wondered about... no really, what kind of counseling do I need? 🤔

• Haha (+1) 2

On 4/27/2024 at 5:18 PM, stlbills13 said:

If you weren't going to double dip on WR on day 2, I love the approach this draft except for maybe should have gotten a CB

I've been wondering a lot about CB this weekend. 

I want to believe it’s that they’re gaining confidence in Elam - who I saw today is the third youngest player on this new roster.  

7 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm old enough to have experienced it, and a decade before that as well. My comment still stands. These 7th Round guys have little chance of making a roster. It'd be better for them to not be handcuffed to a specific team.

I think @PromoTheRobot's point was that it's not gonna happen. The teams have relinquished as much control as they're going to.

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I've been wondering a lot about CB this weekend. 

I want to believe it’s that they’re gaining confidence in Elam - who I saw today is the third youngest player on this new roster.  

Yes, not quite 4 months younger than former Bill Tremaine Edmunds.

7 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I think @PromoTheRobot's point was that it's not gonna happen. The teams have relinquished as much control as they're going to.

Yes, not quite 4 months younger than former Bill Tremaine Edmunds.

I realize but nothing is forever in the NFL. We used to have six preseason games and only fourteen regular season games. My point is that Round 7 becomes a total grab bag of guys nobody’s ever heard of. We have a family friend who went undrafted last year but because he did he was able to walk on to the team of HIS choice that he knew needed help at his position. He made the 53 man roster. I’m not sure that would have happened if he’d been trapped on the team that might have picked him in Round 7 only to be cut a week before the season in the NFL’s latest final roster cut down blizzard. 

I wonder how he’s going to make the roster? The Bills usually carry 9 offensive linemen. 

Dawkins

Edwards

McGovern

Torrence 

Brown

That is right now the starting five. Then you look at the likely reserves and you have the following 4.

Van Pran

Collins 
Van Denmark 

Alec Anderson

That takes you to 9 offensive linemen. Unless there is a camp/pre-season injury I think in order to keep Grabel on the 53 they are going to have to carry a 10th offensive linemen which they have done before but isn’t what they usually do.

Overall I would say that if Collins is healthy they will likely have Grabel be on the path to “red shirt” the season.

Every other rookie besides the international pathway prospect who’s gonna have a special PS slot has a space on the roster. So if they gotta “stash” a guy for a year it’s likely going to be Grabel in my opinion.