Did we do enough at wide receiver?

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Not a single chance Shakir is our #1 WR. 

He could have been our #1 DB late last year. We are due for a relatively healthy year, right? 

I’m good with having every kind of threat, but spreading it around more making it more difficult on the D. Like Brady used to do to us.  :censored:

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I've had a low key/under the radar vibe since before the draft that something is in the works veteran receiver wise.... we'll see if my gut is right. No inside source BS....just a feeling I've had. 

That's either true, or Beane has unrealistic expectations for his WR room as currently constructed, or this is a punt year in the middle of Josh Allen's prime.

Nope.

There may be the thought that Josh will make whoever is out there better. Like how Brady always seemed to make chicken 💩 look like chicken salad. Dude gave back a lot of money on his contract and BB would use it on his defense… until TB’s demands for a primo WR brought them Randy Moss. 

I think that’s too much to put on Josh’s shoulders to make other guys look good.

Obviously it’s a no.  Most teams, including our team, play 3 or 4 WRs 95% of the time.  We don’t have 4 NFL worthy starters.  And what if one is hurt? Which is inevitable.  We needed another in the draft and another Vet I think.  

Franklin Corley Wilson were there for the taking.  They are good players and worth the picks.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JoshAllin said:

Shakir replaces Diggs

Coleman replaces Gabe

Samuel replaces Shakir Yr1

Then you have Kincaid and Knox

Backups Hollins, Isabella

Cmon man. Shakir replaces Diggs??? Diggs had the four best WR years in Bills history.  There is nothing to suggest Shakir even comes close to that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Cmon man. Shakir replaces Diggs??? Diggs had the four best WR years in Bills history.  There is nothing to suggest Shakir even comes close to that.

I like Shakir he catches everything Josh throws at him. He comes alive in the playoffs and has had 2 more TD's than Diggs has had in the past 3 plauyoff years

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Nope.

And apparently that's just how Beane likes it. Really disappointing. He came right out and admitted that "other needs" took precedence.

Fringe roster depth is more important to Beane than a premium offensive position

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Nope.

And apparently that's just how Beane likes it. Really disappointing. He came right out and admitted that "other needs" took precedence.

Well, he was lying when he said he wanted to add explosive wide receivers to the room that could create separation. Maybe he's lying now.

I agree about the "really disappointing."

• Like (+1) 1

The most notable names remaining in free agency for what we need are (in no particular order) Allen Robinson, OBJ, DJ Chark, Michael Thomas, Michael Gallup, and Marquez Valdez-Scantling.

I omitted Hunter Renfrow, Tyler Boyd, and Russell Gage as they would be redundant slot guys.

Slim pickings for sure

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think they ever intended to draft more than one WR. Their mindset is probably that using their first pick on one was already a big deal. That WR room does not inspire confidence. There is talent but I have to wonder where the leadership is coming from. Coleman is a rookie and unlikely to be a difference maker in 2024. So I don't know if much has been done to help Josh out (especially after losing an elite wideout). 

26 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No.  Granted they can still try to do something before the season starts but this draft was a huge missed opportunity for a front office that ALWAYS talks itself into addressing offense some future year.  Always.  These guys have rules in their heads.  

They took a WR, RB, C , and several linemen.  They drafted a TE that looks really good and a starting G last year.  Starting RB the year before.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1