Rd 5, Pick 141: C Sedrick Van Pran-Granger

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Sedrick Van Pran-Granger. Just like I predicted. 

I was waiting for when they picked one of the guys with an interesting name. Coleman, Bishop, Carter, Davis, all pretty standard and then bam, Van-Pran Granger! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, boyst said:

Sirius xm NFL loves it. Just said he's gonna end up starting this year. 44 starts, big games.

Said that he switched two very different QBs and styles play that it was impressive that he could communicate, lead, and call plays with both is admirable.

This is why I like this idea. If he needs a year to get up to speed and learn we have the spot covered. McGovern can hold it down for a bit. If he ends up starting now, McGovern can slide back to LG and it improves both positions.

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It's a 5th round OLman from UGA and fills a need... breathe, man

Just prior to the pick OP had the subject body something like round 5 placeholder. 

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting point made that he’s a Center only.  

Could be why he’s still available, but would also indicate we took him thinking he can start at C.  

Similar vibe to Torrence last year. 

6 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

Let me get the armchair GM hot take comment out of the way

“But I wanted a WR and I saw Rice once in a college football game and he made a nice play, so Beane is a moron for not drafting him. Now we don’t have a #1 WR because of this. Buffalo shouldn’t ever draft a defensive player or offensive lineman again. Beane is the worst GM EVER! Now we will NEVER win a super bowl”

Don't forget the "I had him on my board as an undrafted, horrible reach"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1