Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

1 minute ago, Steve Billieve said:

His play for nearly half the season was pretty awful. I don't know exactly why, but whatever the reason, it could continue to be an issue.

As a practicality, it seems a little early for so many to go. So I guess I'm concerned that maybe they planned on one later.

When youre normally solid kicker falls apart I always wonder about the holder.  Boroquez was a good punter but terrible holder and that is the reason he isnt in the league anymore.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ah yea forgot Anderson. I think they like him. Personally I wouldn't keep Collins, certainly not to play tackle, he just moves too slowly post all the injuries to play out there IMO. If they wanted to try him at guard I'd be fine with it. Unless Grable looks a mess in camp and pre-season they have to find a way to keep him IMO. Invest a year into developing him and give yourself a baseline option in case Brown walks. 

He was a vet insurance policy.  I would bet if the kids surpass him in camp he is gone.

8 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Why is that?

Bass isn't going anywhere.  Had a rough season, but isn't going to get cut.

Probably because so many kickers consistently make 50+ yarders and a few have been hitting 60.  Bass is a 40+ kicker and we lose 3-9 potential pts a game. Now he’s not even consistent below 50. It’s frustrating.

Just now, section122 said:

When youre normally solid kicker falls apart I always wonder about the holder.  Boroquez was a good punter but terrible holder and that is the reason he isnt in the league anymore.

Could be holder, for sure. There was also some classic McD tomfoolery in decision making that seemed like it could have affected his confidence. Deciding not to kick the FG in certain situations when it seemed obvious, then putting him out there for ridiculous long shots.

1 minute ago, section122 said:

I thought I remembered him looking worse off the tee too

10 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Seems like the pats wanted him too if that’s worth anything 

If you were looking for a Big True X and you had concerns with Mitchell (as we clearly did) - it was Coleman and then Polk. Considering Polk was taken at 37 (higher than expected) - if we didn't take Coleman at 33 he would have went by 37, if not higher.

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Wonder if Beane could snag another 6th or 7th next year for Elam 🙃

Just leave the playbook on the plane before exiting 

1 minute ago, Steve Billieve said:

His play for nearly half the season was pretty awful. I don't know exactly why, but whatever the reason, it could continue to be an issue.

As a practicality, it seems a little early for so many to go. So I guess I'm concerned that maybe they planned on one later.

Concerned the way Bass played for sure.  Drafting a player may light a fire under him?  I feel he will come back and be better.  Does need quality competition. 

As far as so many kickers going?  Seems to me that teams have learned that kickers are important and hoping for your guy to sign as a post draft FA is a lot to ask for.  And honestly, if you covet a guy, draft him.  I'd rather take a stud at K in the 6th/7th than a low tier special teamer/camp body.  I know it didn't work out for us last year, but drafting what arguably was the best punter in the draft was a great move.

5 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

The WGR Audacy app is terrible. It cuts to commercials in the middle of live broadcasts and interviews.

Yes!

Will have to go to the Bills website tomorrow to listen to all these press conferences of our draft picks.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We have two of the next 3 picks.... what you reckon? Beane goes 2 WRs so he can say he drafted 3? :D

Yes! 

a late 6th, early 7th will make such a difference on this team!!

Edited by davefan66

261. Daequan Hardy, CB, Penn State (5-9, 179)

Hardy has the linear burst and toughness required for slot work, but his lack of size and strength will be tough to mask in coverage and run support versus NFL athletes. His value as a return man can help him stay on an NFL roster while he competes for defensive snaps.

• Like (+1) 1