Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

It's a little amusing to think we came into this draft hoping to use our extra late round picks + the 1st to move up a bit.

Instead, we ended up leaving without a 1st rounder at all, and came out with 9 picks instead of the 10 we started with 😅

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LEBills said:

Yea I’m not sure the numbers game will be in his favor for the 53. Was a QB and then a tight end. Has good tools to develop if we can hang onto him

It's gonna be a tough road but could they not do:

Dawkins, Brown, Van Demark, Collins, Grable

McGovern, Torrence, Edwards, Van-Pran

With Collins having some flex to play guard too?

I know they signed Will Clapp and they have Doyle coming back from his 103rd injury but Beane could always do one of his fliperoos for a day 3 pick for one of those guys in camp. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

I really like RVD but the problem your going to run into with him is he only is a Left Tackle. If you keep Van Pran which is expected, and he is only a Center, than you have two backup lineman with no flex. If Grable can show he can work both Tackle spots that could honestly push RVD out of a job or a trade candidate.

Let’s hope it works out like that and that Van Pran seizes the starting Center job

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Rice avg 17.6 yds and scored 12 tds last year, #1 target for the #1 pick in the draft....he's also Jerry Rice's kid and nobody wants him?

Not even worth a 6th round pick?

Puzzling

You’d think the 49’ers out of the respect for Jerry would use a late rd pick on him 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually don't mind that. Grable had a really good week at the Shrine Bowl in the practices. He didn't stand out to me in the game and I never got back around to his tape, but I spoke to a guy who was there that week and picked him out. He is their type as well, high RAS, athletic but raw. If I am correct I believe he is a converted tight end. Hope they can sneak him onto the 53 because I think he would get stolen off the PS. 

So a guy maybe in the mold of that extra OL that they like to use sometimes.

11 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You do when you draft 28th and the talent isn't there. The Safety will be starter this year, just maybe not "day 1". The WR will likely get 60% reps - that's starter level even if he starts the year as "WR3". The RB will likely get 30-40% snaps - that's a significant role. The DT will likley get 40% of the defensive snaps. Does it really matter if they dont get another 10-15% that the "starter" gets?

The biggest deal is at the safety spot where whoever starts will have 80-90% of the snaps.

I actually liked the safety pick. Granted, I know nothing about college players, but he sounds like a young Poyer that can cover TEs well. If he is indeed a young Poyer than it was a great pick IMO.

Mahogany finally goes... he was my best remaining. 

Board now looking like this... getting thin:

1. Beau Brade, S, Maryland

2. Leonard Taylor, DT, Miami

3. Brenden Rice, WR, USC

4. Beaux Limmer, C, Arkansas

5. Marcus Harris, DT, Auburn

6. Javion Cohen, IOL, Miami

7. Dallin Holker, TE, Colorado State

8. Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

It's a little amusing to think we came into this draft hoping to use our extra late round picks + the 1st to move up a bit.

Instead, we ended up leaving without a 1st rounder at all, and came out with 9 picks instead of the 10 we started with 😅

I do wonder if we were making calls to get up to get BTJ before the Jags. I think that would have been the only trade-up chance for us.

Just now, Putin said:

You’d think the 49’ers out of the respect for Jerry would use a late rd pick on him 

I'm just wondering why teams think he isn't any good. He looked impressive the few games I saw him play.

9 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Its almost like a FU to the Media/Experts and Fans.

Bc he is the smartest guy in the room. Rather gamble that one of these random hamlet, shorter, Hollins etc steps up so he can look like a genius than do what everyone knows they should do. Last year everyone knew we needed to grab Hopkins and he rolled with sherfield and harty. Season would have looked a lot different if he made the right and obvious move. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Or maybe you shouldn't have set your expectations so *RIDICULOUSLY* high. We took the guy both the brass and Josh wanted. I'm sorry that it wasn't one of the guys you wanted. 

Seems like the pats wanted him too if that’s worth anything 

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I actually liked the safety pick. Granted, I know nothing about college players, but he sounds like a young Poyer that can cover TEs well. If he is indeed a young Poyer than it was a great pick IMO.

Even better, young Hyde that hits better.

We have 2 Poyer replacements on the roster already with Rapp and Edwards.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It's gonna be a tough road but could they not do:

Dawkins, Brown, Van Demark, Collins, Grable

McGovern, Torrence, Edwards, Van-Pran

With Collins having some flex to play guard too?

I know they signed Will Clapp and they have Doyle coming back from his 103rd injury but Beane could always do one of his fliperoos for a day 3 pick for one of those guys in camp. 

Alec Anderson too. Like Gonzo said above if Grable can show enough versatility to cover both tackle spots maybe he can get one. But the Bills have two years invested in developing in RVD and Anderson.