Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know I wasn't a big fan of the Carter pick. I thought it was a round early for him. 

I haven't loved this draft. I think they have been too focussed on filling needs.

Carter had a good week at the Senior Bowl, as did Bishop. The Bills put a lot of stock in that historically. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Because some of the posters on this board scouted WRs this winter like it was a part-time job, they formed very strong opinions. Then the Bills went and picked the guy that TBD groupthink eliminated from their board while passing on the consensus TBD pick in AD MItchell. I mean, TBD tried to draft Mitchell three times in our group mocks. I think that the reason that the Bills thought differently was because they actually interviewed the guys. Also, fans wanted two WRs high because WRs are the most fun position to watch. That being said, we lost Diggs and didn't replace him. We don't have an elite route runner on the roster. 

I don't like being grouped. It was @HappyDays @Solomon Grundy and myself leading that Coleman train to an extent. Grundy was the only one who wanted him as the # 1 guy but Happy and myself were definitely defending him against the masses.

@DCOrange was also there def forgot him.

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know I wasn't a big fan of the Carter pick. I thought it was a round early for him. 

I haven't loved this draft. I think they have been too focussed on filling needs.

Yep it has that 2016 Shaq-Ragnuts-Washington "off-the-bus-starters" draft feel to it.  

It shouldn't be a total disaster like that one because the players are actually walking off the bus into proven systems........but doesn't feel like they've gotten much juice for their squeeze.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

By not drafting another wr could have a path for highest UDFA.  Beane has been methodical with filling needs.  Coleman, Bishop, Carter, Davis are all playing as rookies.  The rest all have a shot to play.  Not as flashy as some wanted but 2 day 1 starters, 2 guys day one play meaningful snaps on offense and defense is a good draft.  

• Agree 1

This team is one quality WR and quality DE away from me thinking we got better from last season (while getting younger and building up cap space & draft picks in ‘25). 

Feels like we can/will definitely do one of those things when the post 6/1 money frees up. 

Can they do both?  Or maybe Solomon truly is a Bryce Huff player and Toohill/Jonathan battle it out for DE4, while Solomon is DE5/Designated Pass Rusher. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

By not drafting another wr could have a path for highest UDFA.  Beane has been methodical with filling needs.  Coleman, Bishop, Carter, Davis are all playing as rookies.  The rest all have a shot to play.  Not as flashy as some wanted but 2 day 1 starters, 2 guys day one play meaningful snaps on offense and defense is a good draft.  

I've got a wood for JT Clark like @GunnerBill had one for Justyn Ross a couple years back

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

This team is one quality WR and quality DE away from me thinking we got better from last season (while getting younger and building up cap space & draft picks in ‘25). 

Feels like we can/will definitely do one of those things when the post 6/1 money frees up. 

Can they do both?  Or maybe Solomon truly is a Bryce Huff player and Toohill/Jonathan battle it out for DE4, while Solomon is DE5/Designated Pass Rusher. 

Still need some depth at corner imo. But I agree, IF the moves you described are actually made

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Isn’t that was the later part of the draft is about ( filling needs ) ??

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep it has that 2016 Shaq-Ragnuts-Washington "off-the-bus-starters" draft feel to it.  

It shouldn't be a total disaster like that one because the players are actually walking off the bus into proven systems........but doesn't feel like they've gotten much juice for their squeeze.  

Only one premium position drafted in the first 160 picks is a big miss. Especially in a draft that was particularly deep at three premium positions.

• Agree 1