Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

16 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

OMG.  Beane continuing to draft defense and leaving the best player in the NFL without weapons.  Ugh.  Can't wait to see Mahomes do yet another game winning drive in the 4th QTR against this defense in the Divisional Round. 

I mean did our aging safeties not stand out to anyone in that game? Lol Klein also got absolutely victimized.  this defense doesn’t matter mantra is getting a little tired seeing as the chiefs won with defense all year 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Now another thing I was thinking about was, and granted we didn't hear about everyone, but with the exception of Coleman, none of the draft picks were reported to have visited Buffalo for a 30 visit.

I think Solomon was. Sure I heard that. 

1 minute ago, tomur67 said:

Jet's QB pick, Jordan Travis's highlight film clip was actually a highlight clip of great Keon Coleman receptions. 

He makes EJ Manual look like a superstar 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, balln said:

I don’t expect every player to be all pro and dominant.

but it’s been what 7 years of this regime ? And we just haven’t hit on draft picks 

were good not great.

Not really fair

White and Milano were both All-Pro

Johnson is considered the best or second best nickel in all of NFL

Kincaid set rookie TE receive record

They used a first round pick and got the four best WR years in franchise history 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I mean this was considered one of the deepest WR drafts ever, so yes I hoped we would use that opportunity to double dip. I am still very much against the safety and RB picks where we made them but it is what it is.

If it's announced that we're trading for Aiyuk post-6/1 I won't have any complaints though. Adding a player of his caliber AND a 1st round (close enough) WR in the same offseason would be the smartest thing Beane has done since drafting Allen.

I wont argue the RB pick because no one can argue for RBs in the NFL, although it was a roster need with Harris and Murray gone.

Safety was an absolute huge need since we had no one for Hyde's role, and Bishop will be very good there.

Dont get me wrong, had they snagged Franklin or Tez in the mid rounds I wouldve been very happy too. Just not how it worked out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Beane has referred to Samuel as a "weapon" this offseason, not a WR. I think they signed him to be the much better version of McKenzie/Harty. He will get some outside looks like those players did from time to time but I don't think he is our Z. By the way I loved the Samuel signing but you need two starting caliber outside WRs on the roster and we just don't have that right now.

Harty barely saw the field, by default Samuel is going to have to see a lot of snaps.

• Like (+1) 1

For everyone still going on about wr. Anyone who gets drafted now would be competing with shorter. He was the 15th pick in the 5th round but no one mentions him. 

the bills need another wr but they should be looking for a vet after 6/1 like chark, obj, Gallup to fill out the roster if they can’t swing a trade 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean did our aging safeties not stand out to anyone in that game? Lol Klein also got absolutely victimized.  this defense doesn’t matter mantra is getting a little tired seeing as the chiefs won with defense all year 

I couldn't agree more, it has been a fairly constant take here the last few years, defense doesn't matter, it is an offensive game.....the idiocy of that is amazing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, khlax3 said:

For everyone still going on about wr. Anyone who gets drafted now would be competing with shorter. He was the 15th pick in the 5th round but no one mentions him. 

the bills need another wr but they should be looking for a vet after 6/1 like chark, obj, Gallup to fill out the roster if they can’t swing a trade 

At this point they need to have return ability or willingness to play special teams.

• Agree 1

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

I couldn't agree more, it has been a fairly constant take here the last few years, defense doesn't matter, it is an offensive game.....the idiocy of that is amazing.

I'm not so sure people say Defense doesn't matter: it's more like people saying the Defense hasn't done anything to stop the Chiefs in 3 postseason games so maybe the plan should be to just outscore them.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Well we have a defensive coach and he let them score almost every time. Blame injuries all you want but that's when your coach needs to come up with one stop when it matters

9 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Cuz backend WRs like Isiah Hodges are much more valuable? 

I’m not talking about fifth rounders. 

But yes, he is still more valuable than Trent Sherfield and Mack Hollins. Hodgins already has more 200+ yard seasons than Sherfield does on 3 less years lol

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Okay so with the Bills taking Solomon and the Packers taking Oladapo I'm down to just 15 guys on my board... so here they are:

1. DJ James, CB, Auburn

2. Christian Mahogany, IOL, Boston College

3. Beau Brade, S, Maryland

4. Leonard Taylor, DT, Miami

5. Brenden Rice, WR, USC

6. Beaux Limmer, C, Arkansas

7. Malik Washington, WR, Virginia

8. Nathaniel Watson, LB, Mississippi State

9. Mekhi Wingo, DT, LSU

10. Marcus Harris, DT, Auburn

11.  Javion Cohen, IOL, Miami

12. Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest

13. Tyler Davis, DT, Clemson

14. Dallin Holker, TE, Colorado State

15. Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan

We will be lucky if 1-4 of these guys will be left by 204.  

Keeping my fingers crossed for Washington, Rice, Brade, or Carson.

3 minutes ago, khlax3 said:

Yea my desire to draft another receiver left a round and a half ago.