Troy Franklin itch anyone...

Craig Oi

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Game tape.  The guy can play and provides something we still need, which is speed on the outside.  

Obviously there’s a reason he’s falling, but some of it could also be how deep this WR draft is.   Even a team like the Bills, who came into this draft as WR needy as a team can be, has taken one WR.  

Not every team is going to take a WR in the Draft and now guys like him are relying on teams to start double dipping. 

do guys like worthy, Mitchell, leggette, Polk, etc… not have game tape?

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

do guys like worthy, Mitchell, leggette, Polk, etc… not have game tape?

What does that have to do with Franklin?

Obviously teams view them as better prospects.   

This is a deep WR Draft.  It’s how we got Shakir in RD5.   Deep draft and teams had questions about how to use him.  

Just now, SCBills said:

What does that have to do with Franklin?

Obviously teams view them as better prospects.   

This is a deep WR Draft.  It’s how we got Shakir in RD5.   Deep draft and teams had questions about how to use him.  

right, people are asking why he should’ve gone higher. You said game tape. I pointed out there’s a lot of good tape. That’s all. 

13 hours ago, Billznut said:

The Franklin fetish going on with this board is hilarious. 

Probably the same was being said about the highest paid WR in NFL history now Amon Ra St Brown when he went in the....

4th.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wondering if he’s become a bit of a poisoned fruit. Happens every year - guys gets hyped up, starts to fall and then now everyone is questioning why that is, continuing to add to the doubt and speculation, resulting in them falling further down the board. 

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I remember wanting Keenan Allen in the first round.

And I got made fun of when he went in the 3rd.

The doubters think they won because a player was drafted late, like it validates their opinion. Some posters are nasty and have no side in the battle, they just see an opportunity to put someone down. 

The scariest thing you can say to these people is “let’s check back in a few years”. This makes them gulp, especially with how short sighted and emotional they naturally are. They usually don’t respond after that. 

It is interesting how for everyone who has this itch, Franklin keeps dropping.  So good no one here with the itch is making the actual picks.  Also kind of says for everyone who may criticize Beane for not grabbing him, no other team has been interested in him yet either. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

It says he's an NFL insider so I don't know

I think those are words any guy can use.  I don't think he's an "NFL insider" in the sense of someone like Adam Schefter or Ian Rapoport etc someone with genuine connections to NFL players' agents and FO personnel.  I think he's a "wannabe"

Doesn't mean he might not have legit heard something, we have guys here who hear things.

16 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It is interesting how for everyone who has this itch, Franklin keeps dropping.  So good no one here with the itch is making the actual picks.  Also kind of says for everyone who may criticize Beane for not grabbing him, no other team has been interested in him yet either. 

Yep at this point, pretty much every team has passed on him 3x.  Couple teams have passed on him more.

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'm stunned that he's dropped to the 4th round. I remember early mocks where people were cheering the idea of Franklin dropping to us at 28.

Clearly something is warning teams off but I have no idea what 

I’ve heard rumors of bad interviews, but I think it’s also because he is light and doesn’t run a lot of routes.  I read an anonymous scout who compared him the Jalen Hyatt, but slightly less explosive.