Troy Franklin itch anyone...

Craig Oi

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

This would make sense.  Maybe falling so far will humble him a bit.  I don’t know how you can’t love football when you play through college.  

If he’s there when we pick, I’d still take a flyer on him 

You don't understand how you can't love football playing through college? 

As someone who played division 1 football... I can tell you easily 

It is the only way out for so many people.. so many people only have football or basketball as an outlet... Keeping them off the streets... It's the way out for a lot of people... 

It's not a passion it's a job or a burden since the time they were 13... They don't play football because they love it 

They play football because they're 6'3 215 lb receivers .. can run a 4.5 with a 40 inch vertical 

It's not about the passion.. it's about what football can do for them 

Which is perfectly reasonable... Your talents should help you out in life... But when you thought of football as a job since you were 12 

You lose the passion for football... Division 1 football is basically professional football... It's AAA to the MLB 

And it's a grind like AAA baseball... It will also take the Love of the game out of a lot of people 

It's not easy to wake up at 6:00 every morning.. to go to positional meetings.. then go to class at 8am... Then go to the weight room at 12:00... Then have a team meeting at 2... And practice at 3:30 

Every single day... Some do it for what the game of football can do for them.. and some do It for the Love of football 

20 minutes with a kid with some smart questions and you can figure out what kind of guy they are

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 hours ago, mrags said:

Give me one of the following guys and I’ll feel a lot better 

franklin

rice

baker

Walker

burton

is McMillan gone? 

I say draft Rice and hire Jerry as an assistant wide receivers coach.   Run them hills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

And maybe this.  

Well, clearly, the Bills do not want anyone named "XAVIER" on their roster; it is just too hard to properly pronounce.

• Haha (+1) 1

Man… I watched every game of this kid’s career. He played hurt, he played sick, never said a word when he was sitting and learning behind vastly inferior players, never took a play off, was a leader in the locker room. 

I know you can’t know what’s in a guys heart but I have a VERY hard time believing that he’s dropping due to heart. 

Size and injury feels exceedingly more likely. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, glazeduck said:

Man… I watched every game of this kid’s career. He played hurt, he played sick, never said a word when he was sitting and learning behind vastly inferior players, never took a play off, was a leader in the locker room. 

I know you can’t know what’s in a guys heart but I have a VERY hard time believing that he’s dropping due to heart. 

Thanks for the insight. At the end of the day we should be fielding a team of the best football players. I feel like they are putting too much thought into this. Find good football players and put them on the field.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Thanks for the insight. At the end of the day we should be fielding a team of the best football players. I feel like they are putting too much thought into this. Find good football players and put them on the field.

Not to mention the draft process is grueling. I’m a Duck honk so would be super cool to get him but I’m also a Bills fan and the player I saw is a damn good one. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

What is the injury?

As for size, didn't stop Worthy from going in the first

Edit: found this, but it doesn't help too much

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/troy-franklin/34981

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

What is the injury?

As for size, didn't stop Worthy from going in the first

He battled wrist, ankle and core injuries at various points. As for size vs. Worthy, think it’s both a relative thing — he’s alight at 6’1 whereas worthy is just all-around a smaller guy, as well as cumulative — bad combine/lost weight, etc. 

No clue what the deal is but at this point he’s too talented for the lack of risk…

7 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Dude only has 17k followers. Without looking deeper into who the hell he is and if he’s legit, hard to believe he’s that well embedded, if at all. 

6 hours ago, WMDman said:

I don’t think Franklin is a “dirt bag” I think they’re worried about him not living football so if he gets that big second contract he checks out, almost like Dareus 

If that’s it he’s still tremendous value this deep you aren’t taking pick 90 off your board because he will check out after a tremendous first 3-4 years that earn a major pay day 

it’s a deep draft at WR. He’s got a slight frame and showed some concerns at the combine. that’s a horrific combo for an early pick, yet alone in a stacked class where AD Mitchell talent is going late in the second

The mock drafters missed on that and overrated him so now it feels like he stands out when in reality he probably needed to be at the back of that second tier of guys that ran through to WR 12 or 15 or wherever it was the next ledge was. 

either way a guy or two in that tier was going to go later then expected just with it being so deep and the mocks not having a lot of consensus on the order. From 5 to about 15 we saw darn near every ordering so WR 15 probably saw his name sneak into the first a few times unfairly raising expectations 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

He battled wrist, ankle and core injuries at various points. As for size vs. Worthy, think it’s both a relative thing — he’s alight at 6’1 whereas worthy is just all-around a smaller guy, as well as cumulative — bad combine/lost weight, etc. 

No clue what the deal is but at this point he’s too talented for the lack of risk…

Dude only has 17k followers. Without looking deeper into who the hell he is and if he’s legit, hard to believe he’s that well embedded, if at all. 

It says he's an NFL insider so I don't know

33 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Looked at his twitter profile and at the link he provided in that.

I would say he's a "wannabe" insider, not someone who is genuinely plugged in.

https://johnfrascellasports.blogspot.com/2022/10/archive-of-john-frascellas-sports.html?m=1

Still, there are guys everywhere who hear something or know something.

Ok, I have a question to ask. Why are you guys so high on Franklin?  What do you know that 32 NFL general managers do not?  Three rounds in the books, and he is still on the board. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jjmac said:

Ok, I have a question to ask. Why are you guys so high on Franklin?  What do you know that 32 NFL general managers do not?  Three rounds in the books, and he is still on the board. 

Game tape.  The guy can play and provides something we still need, which is speed on the outside.  

Obviously there’s a reason he’s falling, but some of it could also be how deep this WR draft is.   Even a team like the Bills, who came into this draft as WR needy as a team can be, has taken one WR.  

Not every team is going to take a WR in the Draft and now guys like him are relying on teams to start double dipping. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

You don't understand how you can't love football playing through college? 

As someone who played division 1 football... I can tell you easily 

It is the only way out for so many people.. so many people only have football or basketball as an outlet... Keeping them off the streets... It's the way out for a lot of people... 

It's not a passion it's a job or a burden since the time they were 13... They don't play football because they love it 

They play football because they're 6'3 215 lb receivers .. can run a 4.5 with a 40 inch vertical 

It's not about the passion.. it's about what football can do for them 

Which is perfectly reasonable... Your talents should help you out in life... But when you thought of football as a job since you were 12 

You lose the passion for football... Division 1 football is basically professional football... It's AAA to the MLB 

And it's a grind like AAA baseball... It will also take the Love of the game out of a lot of people 

It's not easy to wake up at 6:00 every morning.. to go to positional meetings.. then go to class at 8am... Then go to the weight room at 12:00... Then have a team meeting at 2... And practice at 3:30 

Every single day... Some do it for what the game of football can do for them.. and some do It for the Love of football 

20 minutes with a kid with some smart questions and you can figure out what kind of guy they are

If there was a TBD hall of fame, this post would be a first-ballot inductee. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1