Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

As I mentioned earlier, he's slow and doesn't separate. Two traits you just love to see in a WR.  But, hey, welcome to Buffalo.

Not thrilled at all here.  Not saying he can't be good, but when your claim to fame is winning jump balls, it's hard to get excited.  

I will say that it's not all bad. He has elite body control.  He's a big guy that is physical and can get off press.  While he is not a good route runner, and he is slow for a WR, he uses his big frame well using his body to shield off defenders and high point the ball.  Elite hands and catches the ball well.  

That said, I had several WRs rated ahead of him, some of whom are still on the board.  But hey......it's their guy and I expect him to make some great plays for us here and there.  I just don't feel he is a dominant player that teams will fear playing at least right away.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

I hate everyone @ 1 Bills Drive. 

Joe Marino & Kyle Crabs saying his comp is Gabe Davis as of that's comforting.

I have to go play in traffic now.

Yeah but gabe davis with hands 🙌 Lol

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Clear New England wanted him.  

We definitely were targeting Coleman knew we could take him in trade down.  

And now New England drafts their own "jump ball" receiver,

Showing that they wanted Keon.

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

I'm not a pro scout but I hit on Metcalf while Beane took Cody Ford ......and I hit on Jefferson over Diggs (watched a lot of LSU football over the years)......And I have Legette and Thomas (could have easily traded up for him) over Coleman. If I am correct with these guys, well I should be hired ..

How were you on the Allen pick?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

This is the crap that will get McD fired at the end of this upcoming season....I hope.

Maybe Beane will go with him; this strikes me as a horrible draft so far.

I’m meh on the pick but it did not ruin a draft he set is up to get quality players in the next few picks and expect another trade who 

Coleman's 4.61 40-yard dash doesn't necessarily jump off the charts, but in the gauntlet drill at the NFL Combine, Coleman reached a top speed of 20.36 miles per hour – the fastest speed by a receiver over the last two seasons.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I just don't get how some can be so upset with draft picks, you all must watch a ton of film... and I am not being sarcastic, just can't get that opinionated or emotional about it til I watch the kid play for a few seasons

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LLCoolCy said:

Everyone relax. National media is much higher than our fans.

plus the Pats were trying to get him and the Bills snipped them (they traded down after)

Of course he is the favorite for the X there is no one else on the team to play that role.

This is disgusting 

8 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Someone pointed out earlier - the fans wanted Humphrey over Basham, Metcalf over Ford, Lindelbaum over Elam... sometimes there is logic over the madness (less said about Rosen over Allen).

It's easy to cherrypick.  If the fans ran this team, I kinda doubt we'd be as competitive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

I hate everyone @ 1 Bills Drive. 

Joe Marino & Kyle Crabs saying his comp is Gabe Davis as of that's comforting.

I have to go play in traffic now.

Gabe couldn’t catch a cold In orchard park.  Coleman is another story 

Edited by Dunkirk Donski
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1