Rumor: Bills trying aggressively to move up for a WR in round one

Logic

7 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Completely disagree. They will all be gone.

I think one of Franklin, Legette, or Coleman is there at 60.

Crazy because before the draft process started I thought Franklin would rise. But I guess being a little smaller and slower plus having a bad combine hurt him.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

But why do it if you are trading him a month later ? 

Didn't they pay out some money to Diggs just before trading him?

And doesn't the Dawkins terms make him more attractive?

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

A Dion trade results in:

2024 Dead Cap: $22,739,499 

2024 Savings: $-11,229,666 

I don’t know how they do that. 

That would kill my fight of fancy, but I doubt it's accurate. Dion likely has a bunch of guaranteed money, but most can be passed on.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I can almost guarantee one of the WRs we want really bad will be there at 60.

Not the ones I want 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

A poster is floating a Dion Dawkins trade. I think it’s impossible. 

Recall how many people thought the Collins signing was to turn Spencer Brown into a trade chip.

Dawkins makes more sense. 

Edited by alg
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, alg said:

Didn't they pay out some money to Diggs just before trading him?

And doesn't the Dawkins terms make him more attractive?

Does it ? I think Dawkins was paid a fair market value for his extension ..

I can’t recall them paying Diggs anymore money this season … I think they did have to pay like a $3m higher cap hit to cut him,,, Of course Diggs is a cancer they wanted rid of and I think they quite like Dawkins …

The one thing I will say about Keon Coleman is he was way higher on draft boards in January and so I think he winds up going late 1 somewhere. People who liked Coleman before the combine aren’t going to hate him all of a sudden because he ran a slow 40.

I just keep thinking about Beane being excited about Gabe Davis’ slow 40 because it allowed us to have a shot at him. 

I want Thomas or Mitchell, but I could see Coleman as a dark-horse. I think he will go higher than people think. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Does it ? I think Dawkins was paid a fair market value for his extension ..

I can’t recall them paying Diggs anymore money this season … I think they did have to pay like a $3m higher cap hit to cut him,,, Of course Diggs is a cancer they wanted rid of and I think they quite like Dawkins …

My enduring mental pic of Dawkins will be (after telling the world Buffalo could not lose at home) of stepping on Josh and killing a Shakir TD.

I doubt I'm the only one who noticed.

3 minutes ago, alg said:

Recall how many people thought the Collins signing was to turn Spencer Brown into a trade chip.

Dawkins makes more sense. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to be a hater, but mathematically it doesn’t make sense. You are also taking away another leader on a team that has been gutted. 

1 minute ago, alg said:

My enduring mental pic of Dawkins will be (after telling the world Buffalo could not lose at home) of stepping on Josh and killing a Shakir TD.

Ok..  

Let’s see what happens the next 24 hours …

I gotta feeling your run of correctly predicting what Beane does in the draft might be coming to an end…

• Agree 1

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to be a hater, but mathematically it doesn’t make sense. You are also taking away another leader on a team that has been gutted. 

Not to worry. I expected people to laugh at me.

But remember it if it goes down tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, alg said:

That play sucked no doubt. But it’s a guy getting beat by one of the best players in the league. And it is one critical mistake In a game’s worth of dumb and preposterous mistakes and lack of execution and missed opportunities. It’s easy to hate on Dion, but that isn’t why they lost. 

1 minute ago, alg said:

I will not hesitate to hand out kudos if you are indeed correct! 

Just now, alg said:

Trust me, I was saying all offseason that the time is now to trade Diggs. I got killed for it.

Trading Dawkins right after signing him is like 100% less likely to happen. 

6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Celine.

I guess our hearts will go on.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Trust me, I was saying all offseason that the time is now to trade Diggs. I got killed for it.

Trading Dawkins right after signing him is like 100% less likely to happen. 

Yeah, seemed like we were a year too late on Diggs. That extension was up there with Miller's contract.

The signing makes Dawkins worth more. Locked up in his prime.

IDK if I got the bonus/cap hit right, though.

3 minutes ago, alg said:

Yeah, seemed like we were a year too late on Diggs. That extension was up there with Miller's contract.

The signing makes Dawkins worth more. Locked up in his prime.

IDK if I got the bonus/cap hit right, though.

It wouldn’t make any sense. I would think about it if a team in the top 8 said we’ll give you our pick for Dawkins and 28. I just don’t see it happening. 

27 minutes ago, alg said:

Did you notice the otherwise amazing game he played on the 60+ other snaps? If you didn’t, the game is a available on youtube and you’ll see. He had a great season last year and dumping a left tackle in his prime is about the dumbest thing a team can do.

Also, on that one play, he was facing the 2023 version of aaron donald (chris jones), and it’s not as if he got destroyed. He was up against the best d-lineman in the league on a money play, and it is what it is.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Great to hear from you Brandon 😂

Bills just paid Dawkins an $11m Signing bonus just to trade him a month later ? They really lighting  Pegs money on fire this offseason ..

Lol might need to bump the 25% up to 30% 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Did you notice the otherwise amazing game he played on the 60+ other snaps? If you didn’t, the game is a available on youtube and you’ll see. He had a great season last year and dumping a left tackle in his prime is about the dumbest thing a team can do.

Also, on that one play, he was facing the 2023 version of aaron donald (chris jones), and it’s not as if he got destroyed. He was up against the best d-lineman in the league on a money play, and it is what it is.

Pretty much sums up why the Bills can’t beat the Chiefs. They always have someone better than our best. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

Pretty much sums up why the Bills can’t beat the Chiefs. They always have someone better than our best. 

Our best is josh allen, and he left the field with under 2 minutes to go and his kicker in position to make a kick that is usually made that would equal Mahomes’s output. He had no control over the fact that our kicker — who is stilll weirdly on the team after going 2 for 5 in the postseason — had the yips.

15 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I don’t get it but if he falls, I’ll take it

He isn't getting past 10.  The Jets will run to the podium if he's there.  As much as I want him to be a Bill, I really don't want him on the Jets just as much.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DJB said:

Daniel Jeremiah has us taking Thomas at 28

There are zero trades in Jeremiah’s draft, which is ridiculous and an indicator to me that a person doesn’t have the courage of his own convictions. It is a day before the draft — project trades, which ALWAYS happen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, alg said:

I rarely post, but feel I owe the community an outlandish projection. And I have earned the right.

- KNEW that Allen was the Josh before the pick when 90% of this board had Rosen.

- Picked Oliver as the target.

- Sorta knew Kinnkaid was the man.

- Strongly believed Diggs would be traded even though everyone claimed the cap was a no-go.

- IDK, I may be in Beane's head ... that's why I need to type this. With that out of the way:

Setting the stage:

- Most teams now regard Malik Nabers as the #1 WR

- MHJ dropped a bit due to non-combine participation.

- Rome is showing up on more mocks out of the top 10.

- AZ is going to cash in on a trade-down.

- And if AZ doesn't, the Chargers will.

- LAC could go WR, but almost everyone expects Joe Alt.

- The Giants likely shut out of QB convo, will go WR

- TN is all about an OT. Maybe like LAC.

- Bills signed L Collins.

- Diggs was not the only player feeling their oats on Twitter. D Dawkins was there too with his predictions. And post-season, with the googly eyes hoping he would get his extension. 3x20m.

- LAC wants to move down, and TN needs OT too.

The Terms:

- If the Bills believe they have a replacement on the roster for Dawkins, he will be used as trade bait for LAC/TN.

- Bills could then make that trade without exhausting this and next year's draft capital.

- 28, 60, 2025 2nd for 1.5/7 + 4th.

Projection:

- 1-4 QB

- LAC - Joe Alt

- NYG select - Nabers, a diva in waiting. He will make Diggs and his passive-aggressive antics look like a straight-shooting choirboy.

- Bills via TN - MHJ.

I may be overestimating Dawkins' return. And of course, misreading the tea leaves. But that is my Mighty Kreskin moment for the 2024 NFL Draft.

The combine has little to no affect and where someone is drafted. It’s a TV show.

Colleges have pro days and teams have private workouts.

Bills are not trading Dawkins, they have no comparable replacement and Allen may walk if that happens.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, akcash said:

Trade up for Brock Bowers and we’re in business. 2.5 elite tight ends. Make it happen.

That’s what I’m talking about. Kincaid, Knox, Bowers, Quintin Morris, and Lee Smith lined up wide for a Hail Mary in the 4th. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

That play sucked no doubt. But it’s a guy getting beat by one of the best players in the league. And it is one critical mistake In a game’s worth of dumb and preposterous mistakes and lack of execution and missed opportunities. It’s easy to hate on Dion, but that isn’t why they lost. 

I will not hesitate to hand out kudos if you are indeed correct! 

Your generosity has been noticed here . Well done

Dawkins is Josh's best friend on the field. he has proven it.

aint goin no wheres

If I am wrong I will own it

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

That’s what I’m talking about. Kincaid, Knox, Bowers, Quintin Morris, and Lee Smith lined up wide for a Hail Mary in the 4th. 

Lee Smith be Mossin people