The Bills should sign kicker Jake Bates from the UFL

The dude hasn't missed through 3 games, including two 60+ yarders and a game winner. He credits it all to hard work. Certainly won't be expensive. 

Watch him and the Michigan Panthers at 4pm Saturday on FOX.

Get 'er done, Beane!

Okay, time for another drink

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The dude hasn't missed through 3 games, including two 60+ yarders and a game winner. He credits it all to hard work. Certainly won't be expensive. 

Get 'er done, Beane!

😁👍🍸🚬

Sounds like a great idea. Bass should scare Bills fans. He seems insulated from any consequences of blowing our season with a chip shot miss against KC along with misses along the way. There are too many automatic kickers (Ravens, Bengals,Dolphins,) for us to live with a guy that has confidence issues.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Get 'er done, Beane!

Get in line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think Beane is having to deal with so many holes on his roster, that if he thinks he has a good enough guy in any position, he's not thinking about changing.  Bass has turned into Bass-not-so-matic and it's a concern for us, but getting Beane to worry about the PK as well as WRs, safeties, edge rushers, whether we actually have a competent center, additional RB depth, etc -- at some point you just have to go with what you've got and hope for the best.  I suspect that's where Beane's head is these days.

• Agree 1

We'll only save 100k by cutting Bass and eat $4.32m.  He pry gets another year without competition but if he struggles early in the season they'll bring another guy in.  Maybe they bring in a camp guy but I doubt it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We'll only save 100k by cutting Bass and eat $4.32m.  He pry gets another year without competition but if he struggles early in the season they'll bring another guy in.  Maybe they bring in a camp guy but I doubt it.

If he continues the struggles from last year, that is money well spent. If he gets over his struggles, then keep him.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

This is a logical take, but we're not talking about a lot of money here, either way. Beane always says they're constantly looking to upgrade at every position. So far this guy looks like an upgrade over what the Bills have.

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Agree except I do think there will be a camp leg, if only to be exactly that. Each kickoff is a chance to practice for the new kick return configuration, which is supposed to encourage more returns. And Tyler probably doesn't need to kick every single one. Juggs machine balls just aren't the same.