Gonzo 2.0 2 Rounder w/Trades

I usually try to do 3 versions with version 1 and 3 involving no trades and Version two offering trades that I think could happen. I actually really like how this mock draft played out in general. Commentary for the first round and both Buffalo picks. Enjoy everybody. I will have Version 3.0 out probably on Wednesday night as I do complete a full 7 rounder just for fun to see if I can get any late picks correct.

1. Chicago Bears- Caleb Williams QB USC
- I'm not even going to really explain this one. Its in the bag.

2. Washington Commanders- Drake Maye QB UNC
- I would have thought this would be Jayden Daniels but apparently the camp is not happy with the Commanders as he was unaware that multiple QB's would be on his visit and he has let it be known he doesn't want to go to Washington now. This leads me to go with Drake Maye at this pick and I can honestly say i'm not a huge Maye fan but this isn't about my rankings its about what I think will happen.

3. New England Patriots- Jayden Daniels QB LSU
- I think this one is tough. I keep wanting to put J.J. McCarthy here and my last mock might well have him here but I will still put Jayden Daniels here for now who I have as my # 2 QB in the draft. Daniels can provide a threat with his legs and take the Patriots into current football as they have been living in the past offensively since Brady left.

4. New York Giants(from Arizona)- J.J. McCarthy QB Michigan
- NYG Trade 6,47 to Arizona and receive back 4, and 104 from Arizona. The Giants have to do something here. They can't possibly go with Daniel Jones again and expect to keep their jobs. The Giants go to the well again with the highly experienced national championship winning QB who is ready to play Day 1. The Cardinals chose to take the Giants offer instead of Minnesota because it allows them to still get one of the best players in the draft vs drafting a guy from the second tier.

5. Los Angeles Chargers- Marvin Harrison Jr. WR Ohio State
- The Chargers could go Oline here but the best WR in the draft is literally staring them in the eye, its a need, and Jim Harbaugh got the pleasure of watching Harrison first hand for the last couple of years. Harrison is lucky as all hell to be drafted by the Chargers with a star QB to work with instead of going to a team starting completely over.

6. Arizona Cardinals(from NYG)- Malik Nabers WR LSU
- The Cardinals drop down a couple of spots and still get a true # 1 WR in the NFL while picking up an additional 2nd rounder to build their awful roster still. If anything Arizona's GM shows that their willing to move around the board and gladly take the premium pick to slot Nabers in with Tre McBride to rebuild the Cardinals passing attack.

7. Tennessee Titans- Joe Alt OT Notre Dame
- This pick essentially comes down to Alt vs Odunze and with the signing of Calvin Ridley, Tackle moves to the top of the list and Alt is clearly the # 1 Tackle in this draft.

8. Indianapolis Colts(from Atlanta)- Rome Odunze WR Washington
- Colts Trade 15, 46 to Atlanta, Colts receive 8 and 104. I have always thought that the Colts would go WR in this draft because they really only have Pittman to throw to. Alec Pierce has been a disappointment and Josh Downs is a nice piece but the Colts need another bondafied weapon to develop Anthony Richardson. They are also in a weapons war now with the Houston Texans and Jaguars for supremecy in the AFC South.

9. Chicago Bears- Jared Verse DE Florida State
- The Bears are left in a tough spot as they would prefer one of the top 3 WR's to drop but the Colts snipe them a pick before and with only 4 draft picks they would love to trade down but there is really no one worth trading up for at this current moment. With that happening, the Bears take who I believe is the best Defensive End in this draft in Verse.

10. New York Jets- Brock Bowers TE Georgia
- The Jets also miss out of the top 3 WR's and this pick will come down to either Bowers or one of the offensive Tackels in Fuaga or Fautanu. The Jets filled their spots on the offensive line in Free Agency and decide to get a weapon for Aaron Rodgers to go with Mike Williams and Garrett Wilson.

11. Minnesota Vikings- Bo Nix QB Oregon
- This pick I went back and forth on. I said well the Vikings can get this guy at 23 but if what I'm reading about Penix and the Raiders that puts the Vikings in a very vulnerable state to be left out of the "first round QB" market. I also think that if Nix is on the board at 19, the Rams would seriously consider taking him to be the successor to Matthew Stafford. The Vikings take zero chances here and select Nix to make sure they get their guy after being shut out of the trade up.

12. Jacksonville(from Denver)- Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo
- Jaguars trade 17, 96 to Denver, Jaguars receive 12. The Broncos need to completely retool their roster as well and have been looking to trade down in this draft and the Jaguars reciprocate. The Jags need WR help but not near as much as they need some CB help and the Jaguars move up to get the # 1 CB in this draft in Mitchell while giving up a late 3rd round pick.

13. Las Vegas Raiders- Michael Penix Jr. QB Washington
- By all reports the Raiders love Michael Penix Jr. and if they love him then they have to take him at 13 instead of trying to trade up from the 44th position into the teens or 20's. If they did that they would for sure be giving up their 2025 first round pick which they can't afford to do at this point so they grab Penix here to be their future QB.

14. New Orleans Saints- Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State
- The Saints have their choice of who they believe is the #2 Tackle in the draft and they chose to go with the versatile Fuaga who can play all over the offensive line. Even if Fuaga fails at Tackle, he could potentially be an all pro guard in the NFL and presents an incredibly safe but needed pick for the Saints.

15. Atlanta Falcons(from Indy)- Byron Murphy DT Texas
- This pick has come to light in the last couple of days in the rumor mill and I don't believe that Murphy is worth the 8th pick in the draft. This is why the Falcons move back and grabs Indy's second round pick in the process. Murphy fills a need and is strongly considered the # 1 DT in the draft this year by most pundits.

16. Seattle Seahawks- Troy Fautanu OT Washington
- These types of picks worry me much like the previous one with Murphy and Atlanta. This has been a long rumor for the Seahawks and when those rumors are out there this long before the draft it either makes me think smokescreen or someone jumping the Seahawks to take Fautanu to ruin the pick. Still I will go with this pick as it does make a ton of sense.

17. Denver Broncos(from Jacksonville)- Dallas Turner DE Alabama
- The Broncos trade down, get a premium pick and still get Turner at pick # 17. This very well could be Verse if the Bears decide to take Turner at # 9 and watch Verse tumble down the board. The Broncos are in a full rebuild but need help with their pass rush and Turner could represnt BPA at this point in the draft.

18. Cincinnati Bengals- Amarius Mims OT Georgia
- I wouldn't have picture putting Mims as the 4 OT off the board(if you could Fautanu as a tackle) but the Bengals have spent a ton of time with Mims in the predraft process and they need a tackle and to protect Joe Burrow's fragile self. Mims has only started 8 games in college and is raw but has a ton of upside to become a high level tackle in time.

19. Los Angeles Rams- Terrion Arnold CB Alabama
- The Rams have other needs as well most notably on their defensive line but they also have a need at CB despite signing a couple of vets including Tre White. Arnold is just sitting here for them to take and the Rams don't pass on the opportunity to take Arnold here.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers- Graham Barton OC Duke
- For the longest time people were mocking JPJ to the Steelers but the rumor mill is stating that JPJ is sliding and not likely to be a first round pick and Barton has been flying up the draft boards for awhile. Barton's versatility is helping in this late process and the Steelers even came out and said that they see Barton as a Center. Check and Mate with that being said as it is the Steelers biggest need by far.

21. Miami Dolphins- Xavier Worthy WR Texas
- Is it their biggest need absolutely not but the Dolphins and Mike McDaniel love speed. McDaniel has been seen in numerous videos and pictures fawning over Worthy like a school aged girl trying to gain the attention of the fastest man in school. Worthy would give the Dolphins even more speed and could potentially be Jaylen Waddles/Tyreek Hills replacement down the line.

22. Philadelphia Eagles- Nate Wiggins CB Clemson
- The Eagles need secondary help in the worst way and get a top level man to man cover corner in Nate Wiggins to start re-tooling the secondary for the Eagles.

23. Buffalo Bills(from Minnesota)- Brian Thomas Jr. WR LSU
- Buffalo trades 28, 128, 144, and a 2025 4th Rounder to Minnesota for pick # 23. I want to preface this that this draft is incredibly hard to predict once you get outside the first 8 or so prospects. Thomas could go as high as 12 or drop down to around this spot in the draft. I think if he made it to this range it would be too tempting for the Bills to sit on their hands. Thomas is the big vertical threat that everyone is hoping for in this draft that can play the boundary. I also want to state that I do not favorite the Bills in these things despite being a fan but it just happened to play out this way after picking through each teams information. The Bills jump ahead of the Cowboys for a 2nd straight year to snag a skill player they wanted.

24. Dallas Cowboys-Olu Fashanu OT Penn State
- I can't tell you why but Olu Fashanu is dropping like a rock in the pre draft process. He was once considered a possible top 8 pick in the draft but he falls all the way to the 24th pick in the draft. The Cowboys have a huge need on the offensive line as they lost Tyron Smith, Tyler Biadisz, and Martin is getting extremely old. This allows Fashanu to slide in at LT while leaving everybody else in their current positions.

25. Green Bay Packers- Cooper DeJean CB/S Iowa
- The Packers take DeJean here and can play him either at Cornerback or Safety in their system. They have a need at both positions even with the signing of Xavier McKinney. DeJean has good versatility and the Packers would start him at Cornerback with the hole opposite of Jaire Alexander who also isn't exactly on solid footing in Green Bay after his antics.

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Chop Robinson DE Penn State
- The Buccaneers have a big need at Edge and Robinson presents a high upside player who is also a safer pick than Laiatu Latu. Robinson will have to improve his production but he is going to a team that has a defensive HC who can mold him hopefully into what team's believe he can be.

27. Los Angeles Chargers(From Arizona)- Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
- Chargers Trade pick # 37 and 69 to Arizona and Receives pick # 27 and 138. The Chargers trade back into the first round and fill their second biggest need which is Left Tackle by selecting Morgan. With the selections on offensive tackle and the gauntlet of teams that need at Tackle ahead of them the Chargers don't take any chances by going up and getting Morgan while sliding into Arizona's spot.

28. Minnesota(from Buffalo)- Laiatu Latu DE UCLA
-Latu is another one that is an anamoly. He has the talent to be a top 15 pick in the draft but he has a ton of medical red flags that could derail his career. The Vikings have spent a lot of time with Latu and hosted him on a 30 visit and decide to take the chance at pick 28 after allowing Buffalo to move up in the draft.

29. Washington Commanders(from Detroit)-J.C. Latham OT Alabama
- Commanders trade 36 and 100 to Lions for pick 29. There are strong rumors that the Commanders are going to move in into the end of the first round, much for the same reasoning I had the Chargers move up in the draft. The well on ready tackles is running dry and the Commanders go up and get Latham.

30. Baltimore Ravens- Tyler Guyton OT Oklahoma
- The Ravens grab the last ready made OT at pick # 30 by taking Guyton at pick 30.

31. San Francisco 49ers- Ladd McConkey WR Georgia
- This one interests me a lot as McConkey seems to be gaining traction in this spot with the uncertainty of Brandon Aiyuk. I do think McConkey is worthy of a late first round selection and would honestly be a great fit in a Kyle Shanahan type offense.

32. Kansas City Chiefs- Kool-Aid McKinstry CB Alabama
- The Chiefs could go a couple of different directions but the value the McKinstry provides is too much for the Chiefs to pass up on at this point. He steps in to fill the loss of Sneed.

2nd Round.

33. Carolina Panthers- Adonai Mitchell WR Texas
34. New England Patriots- Troy Franklin WR Oregon
35. Arizona Cardinals- Jer'zahn Newton DT Illinois
36. Detroit(from Washington)- Zach Frazier OG West Virginia
37. Arizona Cardinals(from LAC)- Darius Robinson DE Missouri
38. Tennessee Titans- Keon Coleman WR Florida State
39. Carolina Panthers(from NYG)- Jackson Powers Johnson OC Oregon
40. Washington Commanders(from Chicago)- Ja'Tavion Sanders TE Texas
41. Green Bay(from NYJ)- Braden Fiske DT Florida State
42. Houston(from Min)- Ennis Rakestraw CB Missouri
43. Atlanta Falcons- Kamari Lassister CB Georgia
44. Las Vegas Raiders- Max Melton CB Rutgers
45. New Orleans(from Den)- Kris Jenkins DT Michigan
46. Atlanta Falcons(from Ind)- Ricky Pearsall WR Florida
47. Arizona Cardinals(from NYG thru Sea)- T.J. Tampa CB Iowa State
48. Jacksonville Jaguars- Xavier Legette WR South Carolina
49. Cincinnati Bengals- T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas
50. Philadelphia Eagles(from NO)- Tyler Nubin S Minnesota
51. Pittsburgh Steelers- Roman Wilson WR Michigan
52. Los Angeles Rams- Marshawn Kneeland DE/DT Western Michigan
53. Philadelphia Eagles- Mike Sainristil CB Michigan
54. Cleveland Browns- Edgerrin Cooper LB Texas A&M
55. Miami Dolphins- Cooper Beebe OG Kansas State
56. Dallas Cowboys- Trey Benson RB Florida State
57. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Kiran Amegadjie OT Yale
58. Green Bay Packers- Payton Wilson LB NC State
59. Houston Texans- Javon Bullard S Georgia

60. Buffalo Bills- Cole Bishop S Utah
- The Bills needs are very hard to meet in this area of the draft and Bishop to me has the potential to be the best safety to come out of this draft. Safety presents the best value at this time as I believe both DT and DE would be a reach at this spot. They could go unconventional and grab a Tackle, CB, or RB here but Bishop is a hell of a player who had the pleasure of covering last year's first round pick Dalton Kincaid in practice everyday last year.

61. Detroit Lions- Andru Phillips CB Kentucky
62. Baltimore Ravens- Ja'lynn Polk WR Washington
63. San Francisco 49ers- Patrick Paul OT Houston
64. Kansas City Chiefs- Malachi Corley WR Western Kentucky

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Ehhh not a fan of giving up that many picks for Thomas 

Its a late 4th, an early 5th, and a late 4th rounder when we will have a compensatory pick for Gabe Davis next year.

Even with this trade we will still have

1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th

Next year:

1st, 2nd,2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Ehhh not a fan of giving up that many picks for Thomas 

128, 144, and a 2025 4th rounder to move up 5 spots? That's not a bad deal, and it doesn't involve any early 2025 picks. I am a fan of that trade. I think Thomas will develop and grow his game, but right now he immediately fills a big vacancy in our WR room for a big X that can get downfield and force the defense to cover more of the field.

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Its a late 4th, an early 5th, and a late 4th rounder when we will have a compensatory pick for Gabe Davis next year.

Even with this trade we will still have

1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th

Next year:

1st, 2nd,2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th

Yeah, I just got done saying that with less details. I'd love the trade, and if they stay at #60, Bishop is a pick I like there. I like Bishop or Bullard early, Tykee Smith later at S.

• Like (+1) 3

I've been on the Cole Bishop bandwagon for a while now.....he strikes me as a real "McBeane-type" player.

When he ran a 4.45 40 at the combine, that solidified him as the perfect 2nd round pick for the Bills.

Getting Thomas and Bishop would be a real win in my eyes for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, julian said:

That’s probably a safe bet lol

TJ is a rare talent, but Latu has a good chance of being the top pass rusher of this draft and a guy who can get double digit sacks annually. Some teams may not have him on their board based on medicals, but if healthy he should make an impact. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, TOboy said:

TJ is a rare talent, but Latu has a good chance of being the top pass rusher of this draft and a guy who can get double digit sacks annually. Some teams may not have him on their board based on medicals, but if healthy he should make an impact. 

Yeah, I don’t wanna pass on a legit edge rusher trying to fill the WR needs but it is what it is. Latu should be gone well before 28 and that’s what I’m hoping lol.

7 minutes ago, julian said:

Yeah, I don’t wanna pass on a legit edge rusher trying to fill the WR needs but it is what it is. Latu should be gone well before 28 and that’s what I’m hoping lol.

I actually think it’s possible he drops to round 2 to be honest 

@gonzo1105 did Brugler say it was ok to copy his Bills picks? I kid, I kid

I do think we will be surprised how few WRs go before the Bills pick. I think a lot of teams will target them in round 2 with the deep class. I like Brian Thomas so I’m good with the pick. 

I still think 60 will be a defensive lineman like Isaac, Kneeland or Orohroro. If they went safety here, I think it would be Kinchens despite combine. Couple of ties between Addae and McD favorite Manny Diaz that link him to the Bills.

Other astute picks: I do feel like Johnny Newton makes it to rd 2 despite being a first round talent. I agree Chop goes before Latu due to the medicals. 

Edited by LEBills

15 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I actually think it’s possible he drops to round 2 to be honest 

I think that’s possible if the reports are true with upwards of a dozen teams having him off their boards due to the medicals.

7 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I do think we will be surprised how few WRs go before the Bills pick. I think a lot of teams will target them in round 2 with the deep class. I like Brian Thomas so I’m good with the pick. 

I still think 60 will be a defensive lineman like Isaac, Kneeland or Orohroro. If they went safety here, I think it would be Kinchens despite combine. Couple of ties between Addae and McD favorite Manny Diaz that link him to the Bills.

Other astute picks: I do feel like Johnny Newton makes it to rd 2 despite being a first round talent. I agree Chop goes before Latu due to the medicals. 

I can honestly say I didn’t look at Bruglers mock in its entirety. I try not to do it too much to be swayed. 

I actually forgot Chris Braswell in the 2nd round I noticed. I’m not especially high on Kneeland, Isaac but for sure could see the Bills going in that direction

If the Dolphins take Worthy, I'll just laugh. How much would he even move the needle? Receiver and speed is already a strength for them. It would be a dumb pick, in my opinion.

• Agree 4

5 hours ago, LEBills said:

Man, I think you’re right about Kinchens and I am not crazy about that.  His Combine was really poor (by NFL standards) with 4.65 40 and 35” vert.  Supposedly he ran 4.57 with 35” vertical at his pro day.  I know that there is more to playing S than pure athletic ability, but he was flat awful at the Combine.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Man, I think you’re right about Kinchens and I am not crazy about that.  His Combine was really poor (by NFL standards) with 4.65 40 and 35” vert.  Supposedly he ran 4.57 with 35” vertical at his pro day.  I know that there is more to playing S than pure athletic ability, but he was flat awful at the Combine.

I'm not crazy about his tape either.

5 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I can honestly say I didn’t look at Bruglers mock in its entirety. I try not to do it too much to be swayed. 

I actually forgot Chris Braswell in the 2nd round I noticed. I’m not especially high on Kneeland, Isaac but for sure could see the Bills going in that direction

I like Isaac some but as a 3-4 OLB more than an end who is gonna play with his hand in the dirt. I don't like Kneeland at all. He gives me Boogie Basham vibes. I wasn't high on Boogie I am even lower on Kneeland.

6 hours ago, LEBills said:

I don't know why Kneeland ranked so high by draft pundits . He has minimal statical production on a college level and that's major red flag to me especially considering he played against less competition in a small conference he should've dominated.  I realize he has the physical abilities and the measurements that most teams covet but to me that would make him a 4th or 5th Rd pk at best. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I don't know why Kneeland ranked so high by draft pundits . He has minimal statical production on a college level and that's major red flag to me especially considering he played against less competition in a small conference he should've dominated.  I realize he has the physical abilities and the measurements that most teams covet but to me that would make him a 4th or 5th Rd pk at best. 

Yep. I put a 5th on him. He has very little production because he doesn't have a rush plan. I'm not sure how he wins in the NFL.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. I put a 5th on him. He has very little production because he doesn't have a rush plan. I'm not sure how he wins in the NFL.

The one thing I really like about him is that motor he has its Crosby esq. But still in the 4th that's fine with me not the 2nd. 

14 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Yea I’m not a fan either, but the weak DE class is having teams looking for potential and he has the coveted size, workout number combo. 
The last two years the Bills have had their second round pick in for a 30 visit so I give guys who have had that the inside track for the Bills for better or worse.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Yea I’m not a fan either, but the weak DE class is having teams looking for potential and he has the coveted size, workout number combo. 
The last two years the Bills have had their second round pick in for a 30 visit so I give guys who have had that the inside track for the Bills for better or worse.

The thing is only half of the visits have been leaked so we only have a small idea of who has and hasn’t been into visit 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I can see your point but the Bills can't afford to flop on another DE with a high pk. If he falls to the 4th that's fine but otherwise take someone else like Mohamed Kamara I like him better. 

This is a horrible yr for edge players I much rather use a high pick on DT there's tons of value at that position from the 2nd Rd to the early to mid 4th. I realize there's a major need for a edge player for the Bills but drafting for need is a recipe for disaster. Take a DE in the mid rds use your high pks on proven ballers. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The thing is only half of the visits have been leaked so we only have a small idea of who has and hasn’t been into visit 

It’s true maybe we will learn more later and other targets will be included (hopefully!), right now I'm just going off the info we have

Just now, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I can see your point but the Bills can't afford to flop on another DE with a high pk. If he falls to the 4th that's fine but otherwise take someone else like Mohamed Kamara I like him better. 

This is a horrible yr for edge players I much rather use a high pick on DT there's tons of value at that position from the 2nd Rd to the early to mid 4th. I realize there's a major need for an edge player for the Bills but drafting for need is a recipe for disaster. Take a DE in the mid rds use your high pks on proven ballers. 

I agree, I think the day 3 edge rushers are where the value is. Beane doesn’t always do things the way I see though for better and worse. And there are other DL visits we have had besides Kneeland so they may go a different way. I would just include Kneeland on the inside track to pick 60 right now with the other visitors.

• Agree 1

My top edge on the board at #60 if it played out as @gonzo1105 has it would be Bralen Trice. Is he a scheme fit? It is a projection. I am not sure he comes in and starts year 1. 

I agree that through all the excercises we have done it basically looks like the value on the board at #60 is at safety. Maybe it plays our differently in the draft for real. 

Edited by GunnerBill

9 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I usually try to do 3 versions with version 1 and 3 involving no trades and Version two offering trades that I think could happen. I actually really like how this mock draft played out in general. Commentary for the first round and both Buffalo picks. Enjoy everybody. I will have Version 3.0 out probably on Wednesday night as I do complete a full 7 rounder just for fun to see if I can get any late picks correct.

1. Chicago Bears- Caleb Williams QB USC
- I'm not even going to really explain this one. Its in the bag.

2. Washington Commanders- Drake Maye QB UNC
- I would have thought this would be Jayden Daniels but apparently the camp is not happy with the Commanders as he was unaware that multiple QB's would be on his visit and he has let it be known he doesn't want to go to Washington now. This leads me to go with Drake Maye at this pick and I can honestly say i'm not a huge Maye fan but this isn't about my rankings its about what I think will happen.

3. New England Patriots- Jayden Daniels QB LSU
- I think this one is tough. I keep wanting to put J.J. McCarthy here and my last mock might well have him here but I will still put Jayden Daniels here for now who I have as my # 2 QB in the draft. Daniels can provide a threat with his legs and take the Patriots into current football as they have been living in the past offensively since Brady left.

4. New York Giants(from Arizona)- J.J. McCarthy QB Michigan
- NYG Trade 6,47 to Arizona and receive back 4, and 104 from Arizona. The Giants have to do something here. They can't possibly go with Daniel Jones again and expect to keep their jobs. The Giants go to the well again with the highly experienced national championship winning QB who is ready to play Day 1. The Cardinals chose to take the Giants offer instead of Minnesota because it allows them to still get one of the best players in the draft vs drafting a guy from the second tier.

5. Los Angeles Chargers- Marvin Harrison Jr. WR Ohio State
- The Chargers could go Oline here but the best WR in the draft is literally staring them in the eye, its a need, and Jim Harbaugh got the pleasure of watching Harrison first hand for the last couple of years. Harrison is lucky as all hell to be drafted by the Chargers with a star QB to work with instead of going to a team starting completely over.

6. Arizona Cardinals(from NYG)- Malik Nabers WR LSU
- The Cardinals drop down a couple of spots and still get a true # 1 WR in the NFL while picking up an additional 2nd rounder to build their awful roster still. If anything Arizona's GM shows that their willing to move around the board and gladly take the premium pick to slot Nabers in with Tre McBride to rebuild the Cardinals passing attack.

7. Tennessee Titans- Joe Alt OT Notre Dame
- This pick essentially comes down to Alt vs Odunze and with the signing of Calvin Ridley, Tackle moves to the top of the list and Alt is clearly the # 1 Tackle in this draft.

8. Indianapolis Colts(from Atlanta)- Rome Odunze WR Washington
- Colts Trade 15, 46 to Atlanta, Colts receive 8 and 104. I have always thought that the Colts would go WR in this draft because they really only have Pittman to throw to. Alec Pierce has been a disappointment and Josh Downs is a nice piece but the Colts need another bondafied weapon to develop Anthony Richardson. They are also in a weapons war now with the Houston Texans and Jaguars for supremecy in the AFC South.

9. Chicago Bears- Jared Verse DE Florida State
- The Bears are left in a tough spot as they would prefer one of the top 3 WR's to drop but the Colts snipe them a pick before and with only 4 draft picks they would love to trade down but there is really no one worth trading up for at this current moment. With that happening, the Bears take who I believe is the best Defensive End in this draft in Verse.

10. New York Jets- Brock Bowers TE Georgia
- The Jets also miss out of the top 3 WR's and this pick will come down to either Bowers or one of the offensive Tackels in Fuaga or Fautanu. The Jets filled their spots on the offensive line in Free Agency and decide to get a weapon for Aaron Rodgers to go with Mike Williams and Garrett Wilson.

11. Minnesota Vikings- Bo Nix QB Oregon
- This pick I went back and forth on. I said well the Vikings can get this guy at 23 but if what I'm reading about Penix and the Raiders that puts the Vikings in a very vulnerable state to be left out of the "first round QB" market. I also think that if Nix is on the board at 19, the Rams would seriously consider taking him to be the successor to Matthew Stafford. The Vikings take zero chances here and select Nix to make sure they get their guy after being shut out of the trade up.

12. Jacksonville(from Denver)- Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo
- Jaguars trade 17, 96 to Denver, Jaguars receive 12. The Broncos need to completely retool their roster as well and have been looking to trade down in this draft and the Jaguars reciprocate. The Jags need WR help but not near as much as they need some CB help and the Jaguars move up to get the # 1 CB in this draft in Mitchell while giving up a late 3rd round pick.

13. Las Vegas Raiders- Michael Penix Jr. QB Washington
- By all reports the Raiders love Michael Penix Jr. and if they love him then they have to take him at 13 instead of trying to trade up from the 44th position into the teens or 20's. If they did that they would for sure be giving up their 2025 first round pick which they can't afford to do at this point so they grab Penix here to be their future QB.

14. New Orleans Saints- Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State
- The Saints have their choice of who they believe is the #2 Tackle in the draft and they chose to go with the versatile Fuaga who can play all over the offensive line. Even if Fuaga fails at Tackle, he could potentially be an all pro guard in the NFL and presents an incredibly safe but needed pick for the Saints.

15. Atlanta Falcons(from Indy)- Byron Murphy DT Texas
- This pick has come to light in the last couple of days in the rumor mill and I don't believe that Murphy is worth the 8th pick in the draft. This is why the Falcons move back and grabs Indy's second round pick in the process. Murphy fills a need and is strongly considered the # 1 DT in the draft this year by most pundits.

16. Seattle Seahawks- Troy Fautanu OT Washington
- These types of picks worry me much like the previous one with Murphy and Atlanta. This has been a long rumor for the Seahawks and when those rumors are out there this long before the draft it either makes me think smokescreen or someone jumping the Seahawks to take Fautanu to ruin the pick. Still I will go with this pick as it does make a ton of sense.

17. Denver Broncos(from Jacksonville)- Dallas Turner DE Alabama
- The Broncos trade down, get a premium pick and still get Turner at pick # 17. This very well could be Verse if the Bears decide to take Turner at # 9 and watch Verse tumble down the board. The Broncos are in a full rebuild but need help with their pass rush and Turner could represnt BPA at this point in the draft.

18. Cincinnati Bengals- Amarius Mims OT Georgia
- I wouldn't have picture putting Mims as the 4 OT off the board(if you could Fautanu as a tackle) but the Bengals have spent a ton of time with Mims in the predraft process and they need a tackle and to protect Joe Burrow's fragile self. Mims has only started 8 games in college and is raw but has a ton of upside to become a high level tackle in time.

19. Los Angeles Rams- Terrion Arnold CB Alabama
- The Rams have other needs as well most notably on their defensive line but they also have a need at CB despite signing a couple of vets including Tre White. Arnold is just sitting here for them to take and the Rams don't pass on the opportunity to take Arnold here.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers- Graham Barton OC Duke
- For the longest time people were mocking JPJ to the Steelers but the rumor mill is stating that JPJ is sliding and not likely to be a first round pick and Barton has been flying up the draft boards for awhile. Barton's versatility is helping in this late process and the Steelers even came out and said that they see Barton as a Center. Check and Mate with that being said as it is the Steelers biggest need by far.

21. Miami Dolphins- Xavier Worthy WR Texas
- Is it their biggest need absolutely not but the Dolphins and Mike McDaniel love speed. McDaniel has been seen in numerous videos and pictures fawning over Worthy like a school aged girl trying to gain the attention of the fastest man in school. Worthy would give the Dolphins even more speed and could potentially be Jaylen Waddles/Tyreek Hills replacement down the line.

22. Philadelphia Eagles- Nate Wiggins CB Clemson
- The Eagles need secondary help in the worst way and get a top level man to man cover corner in Nate Wiggins to start re-tooling the secondary for the Eagles.

23. Buffalo Bills(from Minnesota)- Brian Thomas Jr. WR LSU
- Buffalo trades 28, 128, 144, and a 2025 4th Rounder to Minnesota for pick # 23. I want to preface this that this draft is incredibly hard to predict once you get outside the first 8 or so prospects. Thomas could go as high as 12 or drop down to around this spot in the draft. I think if he made it to this range it would be too tempting for the Bills to sit on their hands. Thomas is the big vertical threat that everyone is hoping for in this draft that can play the boundary. I also want to state that I do not favorite the Bills in these things despite being a fan but it just happened to play out this way after picking through each teams information. The Bills jump ahead of the Cowboys for a 2nd straight year to snag a skill player they wanted.

24. Dallas Cowboys-Olu Fashanu OT Penn State
- I can't tell you why but Olu Fashanu is dropping like a rock in the pre draft process. He was once considered a possible top 8 pick in the draft but he falls all the way to the 24th pick in the draft. The Cowboys have a huge need on the offensive line as they lost Tyron Smith, Tyler Biadisz, and Martin is getting extremely old. This allows Fashanu to slide in at LT while leaving everybody else in their current positions.

25. Green Bay Packers- Cooper DeJean CB/S Iowa
- The Packers take DeJean here and can play him either at Cornerback or Safety in their system. They have a need at both positions even with the signing of Xavier McKinney. DeJean has good versatility and the Packers would start him at Cornerback with the hole opposite of Jaire Alexander who also isn't exactly on solid footing in Green Bay after his antics.

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Chop Robinson DE Penn State
- The Buccaneers have a big need at Edge and Robinson presents a high upside player who is also a safer pick than Laiatu Latu. Robinson will have to improve his production but he is going to a team that has a defensive HC who can mold him hopefully into what team's believe he can be.

27. Los Angeles Chargers(From Arizona)- Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
- Chargers Trade pick # 37 and 69 to Arizona and Receives pick # 27 and 138. The Chargers trade back into the first round and fill their second biggest need which is Left Tackle by selecting Morgan. With the selections on offensive tackle and the gauntlet of teams that need at Tackle ahead of them the Chargers don't take any chances by going up and getting Morgan while sliding into Arizona's spot.

28. Minnesota(from Buffalo)- Laiatu Latu DE UCLA
-Latu is another one that is an anamoly. He has the talent to be a top 15 pick in the draft but he has a ton of medical red flags that could derail his career. The Vikings have spent a lot of time with Latu and hosted him on a 30 visit and decide to take the chance at pick 28 after allowing Buffalo to move up in the draft.

29. Washington Commanders(from Detroit)-J.C. Latham OT Alabama
- Commanders trade 36 and 100 to Lions for pick 29. There are strong rumors that the Commanders are going to move in into the end of the first round, much for the same reasoning I had the Chargers move up in the draft. The well on ready tackles is running dry and the Commanders go up and get Latham.

30. Baltimore Ravens- Tyler Guyton OT Oklahoma
- The Ravens grab the last ready made OT at pick # 30 by taking Guyton at pick 30.

31. San Francisco 49ers- Ladd McConkey WR Georgia
- This one interests me a lot as McConkey seems to be gaining traction in this spot with the uncertainty of Brandon Aiyuk. I do think McConkey is worthy of a late first round selection and would honestly be a great fit in a Kyle Shanahan type offense.

32. Kansas City Chiefs- Kool-Aid McKinstry CB Alabama
- The Chiefs could go a couple of different directions but the value the McKinstry provides is too much for the Chiefs to pass up on at this point. He steps in to fill the loss of Sneed.

2nd Round.

33. Carolina Panthers- Adonai Mitchell WR Texas
34. New England Patriots- Troy Franklin WR Oregon
35. Arizona Cardinals- Jer'zahn Newton DT Illinois
36. Detroit(from Washington)- Zach Frazier OG West Virginia
37. Arizona Cardinals(from LAC)- Darius Robinson DE Missouri
38. Tennessee Titans- Keon Coleman WR Florida State
39. Carolina Panthers(from NYG)- Jackson Powers Johnson OC Oregon
40. Washington Commanders(from Chicago)- Ja'Tavion Sanders TE Texas
41. Green Bay(from NYJ)- Braden Fiske DT Florida State
42. Houston(from Min)- Ennis Rakestraw CB Missouri
43. Atlanta Falcons- Kamari Lassister CB Georgia
44. Las Vegas Raiders- Max Melton CB Rutgers
45. New Orleans(from Den)- Kris Jenkins DT Michigan
46. Atlanta Falcons(from Ind)- Ricky Pearsall WR Florida
47. Arizona Cardinals(from NYG thru Sea)- T.J. Tampa CB Iowa State
48. Jacksonville Jaguars- Xavier Legette WR South Carolina
49. Cincinnati Bengals- T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas
50. Philadelphia Eagles(from NO)- Tyler Nubin S Minnesota
51. Pittsburgh Steelers- Roman Wilson WR Michigan
52. Los Angeles Rams- Marshawn Kneeland DE/DT Western Michigan
53. Philadelphia Eagles- Mike Sainristil CB Michigan
54. Cleveland Browns- Edgerrin Cooper LB Texas A&M
55. Miami Dolphins- Cooper Beebe OG Kansas State
56. Dallas Cowboys- Trey Benson RB Florida State
57. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Kiran Amegadjie OT Yale
58. Green Bay Packers- Payton Wilson LB NC State
59. Houston Texans- Javon Bullard S Georgia

60. Buffalo Bills- Cole Bishop S Utah
- The Bills needs are very hard to meet in this area of the draft and Bishop to me has the potential to be the best safety to come out of this draft. Safety presents the best value at this time as I believe both DT and DE would be a reach at this spot. They could go unconventional and grab a Tackle, CB, or RB here but Bishop is a hell of a player who had the pleasure of covering last year's first round pick Dalton Kincaid in practice everyday last year.

61. Detroit Lions- Andru Phillips CB Kentucky
62. Baltimore Ravens- Ja'lynn Polk WR Washington
63. San Francisco 49ers- Patrick Paul OT Houston
64. Kansas City Chiefs- Malachi Corley WR Western Kentucky

Just curious, according to your draft, no one after us at 23 picks a WR way past our original spot at 28 so why do we trade up?

1 minute ago, Buckets said:

Just curious, according to your draft, no one after us at 23 picks a WR way past our original spot at 28 so why do we trade up?

A) That assumes we can tell the future

B) Perhaps other teams would have gone WR if BTJ were on the board? 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Buckets said:

A WR is picked at 31 but to answer  your question, Dallas is in the WR market, Baltimore, SF, KC as well as a slew of 2nd round teams could trade up ahead of the Bills for BTJ. 

No matter our rankings it appears the Rankings by the guys paid to do it are:

Harrison

Nabers

Odunze

Worthy

BTJ

then who knows 

Edited by gonzo1105

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Kneeland and Roman Wilson. That would not please me. Not at all.

All this time I've been worried McD was going to insist on Cooper Dejean or Chop Robinson, and I should have been looking over my shoulder for Kneeland.

That would really be dumb overdrafting for need, and then Roman Wilson is not anywhere near my top 7 or 8 WR choices. I wouldn't take him, actually.

Even though McDaniel seems to love Worthy, I'll be shocked if Miami passes on OL, with their 1st rounder.  There are only so many targets on offense to go around, and there will be great value for them at OL to pick from.  They could easily hit the WR well in 2nd-4th to fill there #3 role.

I'm definitely the highest on Worthy around here, and think there is a shot he's there at 28.  But if BTJ is there, moving up like you laid out makes sense.

Rd2, I'm back and forth.  I think this is where we could go either direction.  If we don't move up in 1st round, we could try getting close to top of round for a DL.  If we move back from 60, I like Washington as a trade partner.  We get 78 and 100 for 60.

That puts us in a better spot to get value at DT/DL and S in round 3.  Then I'd even make another trade in round 4, giving up both 4ths and a 5th to Ariz or Carolina, at top of round 4, to go grab another WR (say Baker is still there).

That'd garner us:

Rd 1: Worthy (possibly), Franklin as a fall back (possibly we move back 6-8 picks if comfortable with 1-2 more guys)

Rd 3 (traded our Rd 2 to Wash): pick 2 from best remaining

DL: Orhorhoro/Trice/Maason Smith at DL

S: Kinchens/Bullard

WR: Baker, Rice

4th: RB2 or S,DL,WR (whichever we don't land in Rd3)

Gets us an extra pick on Day 2, and helps us address 1 more area of need.

OK, don’t roast me for this question but it has been one I’ve been thinking about since I started hearing about Brian Thomas Jr.

Didn’t he benefit from having Malik Nabers on the field at the same time? If I’m a DC, I’m more concerned about Nabers than Thomas. Thomas will go from facing the second best cover guy on a college football team to facing the best on an NFL team. Can he handle that? 

Am I over reacting being concerned about that?

Edited by Beast

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

OK, don’t roast me for this question but it has been one I’ve been thinking about since I started hearing about Brian Thomas Jr.

Didn’t he benefit from having Malik Nabers on the field at the same time? If I’m a DC, I’m more concerned about Nabers than Thomas. Thomas will go from facing the second best cover guy on a college football team to facing the best on an NFL team. Can he handle that? 

Maybe. Maybe Nabers benefited from having him on the outside. 

In my opinion, both guys are so explosive they’ll be successful at the next level. Nabers played out of the slot more in college. And if you watch BTJ separate downfield when the ball is in the air it’s pretty impressive. I don’t think there are many guys at his height that can turn on the jets like he can. Pair him with Josh and it could be explosive. For me, that potential is exciting. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

I think you're overreacting, and you could pose the question, or situate it differently. Thomas' combination of size, speed, and athleticism are not a mirage. Right now, with a lot of room to grow in terms of developing a route tree, he brings an immediate and consistent vertical threat that is exactly the piece our WR room most needs. And then I would say because of Nabers, he wasn't asked to do more. There is every reason to think he can expand, and become a true WR1. My bottom line is he already has a pretty high floor and definitely has a higher ceiling than most. You go get him if you can, imo.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Beast said:

I think they all benefitted from having each other including Daniels. I actually think Daniels has the highest bust rate of the 3 because it’s pretty damn easy throwing to those two week in and week out 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MJS said:

If the Dolphins take Worthy, I'll just laugh. How much would he even move the needle? Receiver and speed is already a strength for them. It would be a dumb pick, in my opinion.

It would be a very smart pick. Another elite speed guy while their existing elite speed guy is older and under a big time contract and their other elite speed guy is going to be demanding a big time contract. 

That’s why they won’t do it. Because it would be smart.

• Disagree 2