TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed

Virgil

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Saints (BigdaddyinOrlando) are on the clock

If you guys wanted to trade up for anybody at #17 to the Jags the draft value chart is almost perfect for the Bills to give this year's 1st and 2nd to move up to #17.  I'll even throw in Gabe Davis or Zay Jones for humor's sake.  Not sure if you want to though now that the top 4 consensus WR's are off the board.

• Haha (+1) 1

The Saints have agreed to a trade with Eagles. There are multiple targets still on the board for our positions of need at tackle, cornerback and receiver.

Saints trade pick 14(1100)

Eagles trade  pick 21(780) and pick 50(400)

the Eagles and @Logic are on the clock

Edited by BigdaddyinOrlando
  • Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

The Saints have agreed to a trade with Eagles. There are multiple targets still on the board for our positions of need at tackle, cornerback and receiver.

Who approved the trade?

It looks fine to me, but @Logic did you sign off on this?

As a reminder, all trades need to be approved first in a PM with myself, Alphadawg7, and both GM's involved in the trade

Edited by Virgil

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Who approved the trade?

As a reminder, all trades need to be approved first in a PM with myself, Alphadawg7, and both GM's involved in the trade

I did sign off on it last night, yes sir.

Made sure the values matched and submitted the offer. It was fairly late at night and I headed off to bed. Figured it wouldn't get dealt with/submitted 'til morning. Apologies for the unintentional breach of protocol. I think some wires just got crossed.

I will await your word as to whether I should proceed with making my pick.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Made sure the values matched and submitted the offer. It was fairly late at night and I headed off to bed. Figured it wouldn't get dealt with/submitted 'til morning. Apologies for the unintentional breach of protocol. I think some wires just got crossed.

You're good to proceed.  I just wanted to make sure everyone was on board and someone knew about it.

Unfortunately, I've had issues in prior drafts where someone had two trades working at once, and both partners thought they were up to trade.  That's where the trade approval process came into play

3 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

The Eagles have pick #22, not #21.  I fixed it for the main page.  The values were correct.

@Logic is on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Eagles (Logic) are on the clock

With the 14th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama. ROLL TIDE!

With James Bradberry and Darius Slay both coming off down years, we felt the time was right to add some youth and athleticism to our cornerback group. Cornerback was far and away our biggest need, and we coveted Arnold above all other corners in this draft. He was the top corner on our board, and one of our top graded players overall. Rather than wait around to see if he fell to 22, Howie "Wheelin and Dealin" Roseman used one of his two 2nd round picks to move up and secure his guy.

Arnold is a twitchy man coverage corner, with loose hips, quick feet, and an aggressive willingness to challenge the receiver at the catch point. He boasted excellent turnover production in 2023, with 5 INTs and a FF. He'll come in and compete with the veterans we have, but we're confident that by year two, he'll be the alpha in our cornerback room and will lead the secondary for years to come.

**side note: In all my years doing these mocks, this was the first time I've successfully pulled off a trade. I just liked the player and the team fit too much to wait around for him**

@Allen2Moulds and the Indianapolis Drunken Irsays are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Colts (Allen2Moulds) are on the clock

With the 15th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Jared Verse, DE, FSU…go NOLES!

The Colts went into the draft with a huge need at Corner and would’ve selected Quinyon Mitchell if available.  However, the board didn’t fall in favor of that to take place.  That being said, Verse is far and away the best player available on our draft board.  We also considered Latu, but had injury concerns, and Nate Wiggins, who is a bit undersized (light in the pants).  Verse was the cleanest prospect left.  With all the new young guns in the division, what better way to counter, than to bolster the pass rush.   

1 minute ago, Allen2Moulds said:

With the 15th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Jared Verse, DE, FSU…go NOLES!

The Colts went into the draft with a huge need at Corner and would’ve selected Quinyon Mitchell if available.  However, the board didn’t fall in favor of that to take place.  That being said, Verse is far and away the best player available on our draft board.  We also considered Latu, but had injury concerns, and Nate Wiggins, who is a bit undersized (light in the pants).  Verse was the cleanest prospect left.  With all the new young guns in the division, what better way to counter, than to bolster the pass rush.   

Taken at 11.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

As posted about, Verse was already selected.  

Also, when you make your pick, please make sure you post the next person up to draft

1 hour ago, Logic said:

The cover up is always worse than the crime. 😁

30 minutes ago, TPS said:

Taken at 11.

You know you have bright future when you’re drafted twice.

• Haha (+1) 2

With the 15th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA.

The Colts went into the draft with a huge need at Corner and would’ve selected Quinyon Mitchell if available.  However, the board didn’t fall in favor of that to take place.  We gave strong consideration to Nate Wiggins, but ultimately went with the most complete pass rusher in the draft.  He passed our medical exams at the combine, and has enjoyed back to back healthy/productive seasons at UCLA.

With all the new young guns in the division, what better way to counter, than to bolster the pass rush.   

@NeverOutNick  and the Seattle Seahawks are now on the clock.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Seahawks (NeverOutNick) are on the clock

With the 16th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select QB Michael Penix Jr, Washington.

Even though personally I would take Nix over Penix, Coach Macdonald’s familiarity with coaching against the former Indiana QB and his rocket arm won the day. Outside of durability, Penix is the best QB in this class with a clean pocket in front of him. The rest of this draft class for Seattle will be to help shore up that O line to help their new franchise QB. For this year, Geno and Howell are here to ease Penix’s transition but neither have the upside of Penix and if he can stay healthy I believe his ceiling is better than McCarthy and Daniels and he’s already easily a better passer than both.

@Doc Brown and the Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Jaguars (Doc Brown) are on the clock

With the 17th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State.

Lots of options here for the Jaguars (CB, DT,WR) so they stick to their board and continue to invest in the offensive line to protect Trevor Lawrence.  Balke loves building up front.  We'll see whether he fits better at guard or tackle.  They think other positions can be addressed later in the draft.

The Cincinnati Bengals @frostbitmic are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

With the 16th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select QB Michael Penix Jr, Washington.

Even though personally I would take Nix over Penix, Coach Macdonald’s familiarity with coaching against the former Indiana QB and his rocket arm won the day. Outside of durability, Penix is the best QB in this class with a clean pocket in front of him. The rest of this draft class for Seattle will be to help shore up that O line to help their new franchise QB. For this year, Geno and Howell are here to ease Penix’s transition but neither have the upside of Penix and if he can stay healthy I believe his ceiling is better than McCarthy and Daniels and he’s already easily a better passer than both.

@Doc Brown and the Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock

I think this is going to be the Seahawks’ pick…

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

Who approved the trade?

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Trade stands, but since neither @Virgil or myself were notified, a stiff penalty has been enacted.  $100 needs to be sent via Venmo to myself by the owners, and then the participating GM's must take @Virgil to Tiffany's Cabaret Gentleman's Club next Wednseday for Lumpy Hump Day daytime happy hour and provide no less than 3 flap dances and 3 rounds of Fireball double shots.   Just no, if @Virgil doesn't leave there itchy, sticky, or smelling bad, you didn't do enough and further sanctions may be applied.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 5

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bengals (frostbitmic) are on the clock
5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Trade stands, but since neither @Virgil or myself were notified, a stiff penalty has been enacted.  $100 needs to be sent via Venmo to myself by the owners, and then the participating GM's must take @Virgil to Tiffany's Cabaret Gentleman's Club next Wednseday for Lumpy Hump Day daytime happy hour and provide no less than 3 flap dances and 3 rounds of Fireball double shots.   

I'm fine with the $100, but... if I take Virgil to Lumpy Humpy Day, it'll be HIM who is, um...enacting a stiff penalty.

• Haha (+1) 1

Been a busy couple of days so I was slacking but the spreadsheet of drafted/available players has been updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kKiIOcYaq1A0SI-iV5sNBub4GWz-FyrSHSHMSKqV_SQ/edit?pli=1#gid=0

A lot of interesting changes and differences so far!

Way less offensive lineman to this point in the draft sticks out as the biggest difference so far.

With the 18th pick in the 2024 draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Jer'zhan Newton, DT, Illinois

Games are won in the trenches and this kid will be a beast in the muck and mire. We'll line him up next to Trey Hendrickson and that should disrupt a hole side of the line.

@EmotionallyUnstable and the Rams are on the clock.

Edited by frostbitmic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Virgil said:

If any of them fell to 10, the Bills would have been interested.  Based on multiple thread and article reviews, the ammo to move up higher than 9 was too much for the Bills.  The Bills did reach out about the 9 pick and were rejected.  We def don't have the ammo to get up to 6

Virgil, did you think about possibility of including trade down in the poll when Bills come on the clock?

I know it is not easy to manage but something like giving all other GMs one hour to send you offers and if there are any include these in the poll?

Just a thought since people are talking about trading down quite a lot around here imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Virgil, did you think about possibility of including trade down in the poll when Bills come on the clock?

I know it is not easy to manage but something like giving all other GMs one hour to send you offers and if there are any include these in the poll?

Just a thought since people are talking about trading down quite a lot around here imo.

I haven’t done that in the past because it’s too ambiguous.  We talk about trading up for a certain player, but trading back would be for what exactly?  

I know the answer and why we would, but I don’t know how to apply that to a mock.  Yes, we could agree to trade back, but to where.  Do we make a poll for every offer.   

I feel it would slow things down too much and wouldn’t have a solid direction to it.  

Long story short, yes, I’ve considered it and thought it through 😋

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the 19th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the LA Rams select, Byron Murphy, DT, Texas

The Rams have not had a first round pick since they selected Jared Goff 1st overall in 2016. The GM in typical fashion, explored some player trades that didn’t root. Pony-ing up to send two 1sts and more to Dallas for Micah Parsons is just the kind of thing I think Snead wets his shorts over. Instead, we’ll sit pretty at 19 taking a player at a position of need with good value.

The loss of Aaron Donald will be felt across the defensive line. His shoes will need to be filled by many different players. Adding Murphy to pair with Kobie Turner after a great rookie season eases the blow of losing a future hall of famer and maybe the best to ever do it. 

The Pittsburgh Steelers and @RyanC883 are now on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I haven’t done that in the past because it’s too ambiguous.  We talk about trading up for a certain player, but trading back would be for what exactly?  

I know the answer and why we would, but I don’t know how to apply that to a mock.  Yes, we could agree to trade back, but to where.  Do we make a poll for every offer.   

I feel it would slow things down too much and wouldn’t have a solid direction to it.  

Long story short, yes, I’ve considered it and thought it through 😋

Ok, np. But since you wrote the bolded, it seems that I wasn't clear enough.

What I mean is that once Bills are on the clock, you wouldn't start the poll immediately, but give all other GMs a chance to send their offers (within an hour or so). If there was any reasonable offer, you would include in the poll.

So the poll would be very specific, something like

- player A

- player B, etc

- trade down with team X (pick 28 for picks Y and Z)

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

What I mean is that once Bills are on the clock, you wouldn't start the poll immediately, but give all other GMs a chance to send their offers (within an hour or so). If there was any reasonable offer, you would include in the poll.

- player A

- player B, etc

Not a bad idea.  Depending on how we are progressing in the draft, we can maybe try that.

Or, make the poll with one of the options be a trade back.  If we don't a trade back, then we just select the player who got the most votes

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Steelers (RyanC883) are on the clock
50 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

- player A

- player B, etc

40 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Not a bad idea.  Depending on how we are progressing in the draft, we can maybe try that.

Or, make the poll with one of the options be a trade back.  If we don't a trade back, then we just select the player who got the most votes

Here is what I think you could do to help from it taking too long...in fact, this would result in the poll not taking any longer than before.  

Put a message out to all of the managers here right now that if any of them have interest in making a trade up with the Bills for any player they need to submit that BEFORE the Bills are on the clock to the trade committee (Myself and Virgil).  So they can start looking and sending them into to me and Virgil now.  

They are free to put any stipulations on it as in "We offer picks X and Y for Bills pick 28, but ONLY if player X is there (or multiple players if there is more than 1 they would trade up for)".

If the trade meets the requirements of an approvable trade, we will mark it as an tentatively approved as an option to include in a poll if said players are on the board at 28.  

Then when we get to 28, you already have ALL of your trade down offers and we will know which ones are alive and which ones are dead because X player(s) were not there.  Once the Bills are on the clock, the trades are locked and there is no pulling out of the deal by the other GM if the trade met all the criteria.

If any trades are alive, you immediately put the TSW poll up with option to select whatever players are in play for us at 28 and include all the trade down offers still alive, if any, as well in the poll.  

So the poll is the same poll it always is and will not take any additional time.  Who we would take in the trade down is not part of the vote as the rest of the draft still needs to play out until what would be our pick, so no need to include who we might take, people can guess on that themselves when weighing the option to trade back vs who we could take at 28.  

• Like (+1) 1

With the 20th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select, Graham Barton, OL, Duke.  

The Steelers have needs at Center, Tackle, and possibly Guard.  While Graham can play tackle and played LT exclusively at Duke, and the Steelers plan to move Jones to Left Tackle, Barton could pickup at RT, C, or G if needed and perform at a high level.  The Steelers hope to use him at C, but having a guy who can play anywhere on the OL at a high level is what the Steelers need to keep Wilson and Fields upright.  

@TPS and the Dolphins are now on the clock.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Dolphins (TPS) are on the clock
35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is what I think you could do to help from it taking too long...in fact, this would result in the poll not taking any longer than before.  

Put a message out to all of the managers here right now that if any of them have interest in making a trade up with the Bills for any player they need to submit that BEFORE the Bills are on the clock to the trade committee (Myself and Virgil).  So they can start looking and sending them into to me and Virgil now.  

They are free to put any stipulations on it as in "We offer picks X and Y for Bills pick 28, but ONLY if player X is there (or multiple players if there is more than 1 they would trade up for)".

If the trade meets the requirements of an approvable trade, we will mark it as an tentatively approved as an option to include in a poll if said players are on the board at 28.  

Then when we get to 28, you already have ALL of your trade down offers and we will know which ones are alive and which ones are dead because X player(s) were not there.  Once the Bills are on the clock, the trades are locked and there is no pulling out of the deal by the other GM if the trade met all the criteria.

If any trades are alive, you immediately put the TSW poll up with option to select whatever players are in play for us at 28 and include all the trade down offers still alive, if any, as well in the poll.  

So the poll is the same poll it always is and will not take any additional time.  Who we would take in the trade down is not part of the vote as the rest of the draft still needs to play out until what would be our pick, so no need to include who we might take, people can guess on that themselves when weighing the option to trade back vs who we could take at 28.  

I plan to make that an option when the Bills hit the clock, because the poll takes more than 8 hours.  That will give people plenty of time to make their poll selections, while I also garner trade interest.  Then, once the poll is done, I can work through the trade offers

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I plan to make that an option when the Bills hit the clock, because the poll takes more than 8 hours.  That will give people plenty of time to make their poll selections, while I also garner trade interest.  Then, once the poll is done, I can work through the trade offers

But, if you start the poll you won't know what trades would be available to include in the poll.  So if you have people get you the offers ahead of time, you can include them at the start of the poll :)

With the 21st pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select Chop Robinson, Edge, Penn State.

In the last 4 picks, the top 2 DTs were taken along with 2 of their OL targets.  Given Jaelen Phillips is recovering from an achilles injury, and his backup is recovering from knee surgery, the Phins opt to fortify the position.

@BigdaddyinOrlando and the N'awlins Aints are on the clock.

Edited by TPS
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TPS said:

With the 21st pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select Brian Thomas Jr., WR LSU.

In the last 4 picks, the top 2 DTs were taken along with 2 of their OL targets, so the Phins, surprised to have Thomas fall into their lap, opt to add another dynamic element to their passing attack. Thomas has it all--speed, size, and power.  Now all they need is a QB....😇

@BigdaddyinOrlando and the N'awlins Aints are on the clock.

He was taken at 12 😀

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

He was taken at 12 😀

Right? 

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But, if you start the poll you won't know what trades would be available to include in the poll.  So if you have people get you the offers ahead of time, you can include them at the start of the poll :)

I think this makes the most sense. Have to wait until we’re up to see what trades are available. 

37 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

He was taken at 12 😀

😁After pointing out someone else did that, it comes back to bite me.  And I was so excited....It's that dam trade info!

Back to the drawing board...

Ps. I updated the original post. @BigdaddyinOrlando is up

Edited by TPS
  • Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Saints (BigdaddyinOrlando) are on the clock

With the 23rd pick in the 2024 draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Bo Nix, QB, Oregon

The Vikings got their QB. Nix is athletic, accurate, and experienced. He was a top recruit that started at his hometown team. He took some lumps but really matured when he got to Eugene. He has some qualities similar to Brock Purdy in his ability to get the ball into his playmakers hands. We feel the value is here at 23 and have a guy that can start year one. 

@LEBills and the Dallas Cowboys are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2