So You Need to Move Diggs..Why the Texans??

5 hours ago, boater said:

You answered your own question.

Due to Diggs malcontent behavior, it was a market where the buyers had control. Maybe the Texans were the only takers.

This - and it’s likely where he wanted to go. More and more agents are making an effort to direct their players to preferred destinations. Everyone knows how Diggs would act if he had been traded to any team that wasn’t a contender so his trade value was nil to those teams. I’m sure he had a very short list of acceptable teams and the Texans were the one that got the deal done. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Success said:

The Texans are being overrated.

I said it yesterday - people should check their schedule last season.  They didn't beat many good teams.  They'll have a 1st place schedule this year, and won't catch teams by surprise like they did in '23.

Not that they won't be in contention, but they haven't proven much to me yet.

I think stroud is a good QB but people are getting wild calling Texans to the super bowl. 

Now opponents will take them seriously and they have a year of tape on stroud.

• Agree 1

Sadly this is was likely the best deal we could get for Diggs because if we traded him and he pulled an AB we would really be in trouble because we would owe his salary and then have to cut him after June 1st if he did not want to play 

7 hours ago, Doc said:

That game in Houston should be interesting...

at what point do you figure Diggs pulls himself out of that game?

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

This - and it’s likely where he wanted to go. More and more agents are making an effort to direct their players to preferred destinations. Everyone knows how Diggs would act if he had been traded to any team that wasn’t a contender so his trade value was nil to those teams. I’m sure he had a very short list of acceptable teams and the Texans were the one that got the deal done. 

Diggs just straight up played himself off a contender.  So I doubt that was a top item on his "where will they send me next" list...

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Sounds like it was on Diggs and his agent to bring the Bills an acceptable offer and he got to choose which team.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Diggs just straight up played himself off a contender.  So I doubt that was a top item on his "where will they send me next" list...

You think he’d rather be on the Bills than the Texans? He knows he doesn’t have many good years left. He dipped on a team taking a step back so it can start another run for a hot team on the rise. Besides it’s not like he hasn’t been unhappy here in Buffalo and trying to get out for years. 

4 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Yep, that was our clear #1 and then JAGs after that. 

C'mon, Josh had Smoke Brown, Cole Beasley and they brought in Diggs and I think Gabe.

Houston has Noah Brown, Nico Collins and now the older Diggs.  Very comparable.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

You don’t think Houston is a contender? They’re building to make a run next season. 

Maybe we knew the Texans would clown themselves by giving us a potential Top 40 pick next year while simultaneously ripping up the best part of the contract they inherited. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Maybe we knew the Texans would clown themselves by giving us a potential Top 40 pick next year while simultaneously ripping up the best part of the contract they inherited. 

I think that was a remedy to Diggs wanting more money.  The deal looks better today imo . 

9 hours ago, 90sBills said:

You don’t think Houston is a contender? They’re building to make a run next season. 

a contender? sure.  they were last year too.  then they got blown out

20 hours ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Forgive me in advance if this subject came up somewhere in the 116 pages of the Diggs is traded thread, but...

Let's assume the Diggs trade had to happen now...why the Texans?...Yes his production is way down, but even at 31 he's still got a lot left in the tank...and you may have handed the team that, at least on paper, seems to now be the most talent laden in the AFC. 

People certainly would be up in arms if we dealt him to the Chiefs or Bengals, but the Texans may be a tougher "out" this season.

My biggest complaint in this whole matter is that Beane couldn't find a trade partner in the NFC, or a team in the AFC searching for a QB and not a threat.

Maybe other GMs around the league are wary now that Diggs has whined his way off of two teams, and weren't willing to give up a second round pick.

If the Texans make it further in the play offs this year than the Bills do or beat the Bills doing so this board will explode !!

Those here that want McD & Beanes head will go to the streets & start burning things down Ala 2020, Buffalo will be in ruins & they will even tear down the new stadium, it will not be pretty ...

His brother is in Texas. The party scene is no doubt better there as well. So imagine Diggs is going to be pretty happy and will be motivated to perform for another contract. Since it is a 1 yr deal he may look to play with his brother the following year if Houston is not interested in bringing him back.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

a contender? sure.  they were last year too.  then they got blown out

They made the playoffs last year but were not contenders. They overachieved. That experience made them see their deficiencies and they addressed them to make a run next season. I think they will be one of the top 4 in the AFC if Stroud doesn’t take a step back. 

6 hours ago, 90sBills said:

They made the playoffs last year but were not contenders. They overachieved. That experience made them see their deficiencies and they addressed them to make a run next season. I think they will be one of the top 4 in the AFC if Stroud doesn’t take a step back. 

Could be, yeah.

Stroud's no Josh Allen.  His main achievement as a QB last year was avoiding turnovers.  Otherwise, he put up Derek Carr numbers.  Jordan Love had a better year, yet few comment on it.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Could be, yeah.

Stroud's no Josh Allen.  His main achievement as a QB last year was avoiding turnovers.  Otherwise, he put up Derek Carr numbers.  Jordan Love had a better year, yet few comment on it.

Agreed. But he was also a rookie. I think he exceeded a lot of people’s expectations. Mine included. 

• Like (+1) 2