And we're on to.. Aiyuk?

JMM

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Not starting any Bills speculation but I gotta admit on Day 3 after the Bills take a WR in the first to follow up a deal with Brandon for a 2025 pick or two wouldn’t be the worst thing 

Honestly if that’s all it took was a 2025 pick (preferably one of our second rounders or later) I’d be stoked. He’s a much better fit for what we do than Higgins. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, HardyBoy said:

They have cap space next year and will get more after June 1st for this year, I would imagine they could make something work with a back loaded deal in terms of salary and void years and then restructure next year so it's not so back loaded... maybe, I'm not sure how it works

They COULD make something work for sure, but it’ll put us right back into cap hell for the next 5 years.  I don’t think that’s the MO.  Extending Diggs to sign Von was the splurge to win a SB the last 2 seasons.  Vons injury ended that version of “all in”.  It’s the next chapter.  Not a rebuild, just the next chapter.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Getting Aiyuk would be huge. Diggs deal part deux. Would feel pretty damn confident going into the season with him as the number 1 and paired with one of these rookies. Toss in Samuel and Shakir and you just may have something here. 

• Like (+1) 1

𝗪𝗥𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝟰𝟬 𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝟮𝟬+ 𝘆𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰 💪🏻⬇️

🚀 Tyreek Hill (57)
🚀 Brandon Aiyuk (42)
🚀 Amari Cooper (42)
🚀 George Pickens (42)
🚀 CeeDee Lamb (41)
🚀 DJ Moore (41)
🚀 Nico Collins (41)
🚀 Puka Nacua (40)

hmmm well… he does have the explosive plays

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

the only WR’s I’d really like in a trade are  DK Metcalf (almost certainly not happening) or Courtland Sutton for a 4th.  The other players IMO aren’t worth the capital + cost

It makes way more sense to me to spend a bit more draft capital for one of the top 3 or BTJ.  We then have them for 5 years at a far lower $ cost

not to mention OBJ is a FA. 

I mean depending on compensation, he’s a good player….but the guy’s attitude is something we just traded….

His attitude could be even worse. He does a lot of talking on the field and he's gotten penalized for it many times. 

• Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Swap 1st rounders this year (which amounts to a 4th) plus next years 1st.  Bills can attack draft same way as if they had Diggs.  

Problem is they don’t have the cap space to get him on the team ($14m)  and then redo his deal…  they gunna end up having to pay him $24m + a year then …

Think it’s just too hard …

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

They have cap space next year and will get more after June 1st for this year, I would imagine they could make something work with a back loaded deal in terms of salary and void years and then restructure next year so it's not so back loaded... maybe, I'm not sure how it works

As of right now they have just under $6m in 2025 cap space.

• Eyeroll 1

𝗪𝗥𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝟰𝟬 𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝟮𝟬+ 𝘆𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰 💪🏻⬇️

🚀 Tyreek Hill (57)
🚀 Brandon Aiyuk (42)
🚀 Amari Cooper (42)
🚀 George Pickens (42)
🚀 CeeDee Lamb (41)
🚀 DJ Moore (41)
🚀 Nico Collins (41)
🚀 Puka Nacua (40)

hmmm well… he does have the explosive plays

He’s every bit as good or better than Diggs was before coming to Buffalo. The potential is there for him to be elite.

Problem is you’d have to pay him before we see how he’ll fit here. Thats always risky. Diggs was on a friendly deal for a WR1 when we traded for him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I want to roll with a couple of young, talented rookies, personally, plus the weapons we already have.

Hope Thomas or Mitchell fall to near 28. Then trade up in the 2nd to get Legette or Franklin. You land 2 rookies like that to compliment Kincaid, Shakir & Samuel and Josh will be just fine spreading the wealth.

• Like (+1) 1