And we're on to.. Aiyuk?

JMM

Thoughts about a trade for him? Could we even afford what he will want? And what would it take pick wise. A proven commodity,  but costly. I'm not sure I would do it because of this amazing draft for WRs.

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 3

Just now, JMM said:

Thoughts about a trade for him? Could we even afford what he will want? And what would it take pick wise. A proven commodity,  but costly. I'm not sure I would do it because of this amazing draft for WRs.

I wouldn’t do it for a 2024 pick but now with two seconds in 2025 those would be in play for a receiver of his caliber they definitely have the room to afford his salary next year.

You add Aiyuk and then draft a couple guys this year you are just fine and you haven’t mortgage so much that you can continue to draft for areas 

7 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

We need a 1, not a 2.  Slim pickings I know, I'd rather take our chances drafting one.

I would rather draft one too but I think Aiyuk could be a good #1 as well.  He got 105 targets last year and I think if you give him 30 more with the Bills...I think we could see a Diggs from MN to Buffalo type of increase in production.

From what I know about Aiyuk is he's a yac guy and we need more of that.

• Like (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, JMM said:

Love the receiver. IMO probably too expensive.

My guess is they bring in a significantly cheaper guy, probably an X who's a #2 in free agency. And one or two more in the draft.

Certainly they could bring in Aiyuk if they wanted to. The question is whether it would be smart. That would depend on the contract. But he'll be expensive.

Edited by Thurman#1

I love Aiyuk, and could see it happen. But one of the reasons they are taking this 30 million cap hit imo is to clear the money at that position and go younger and cheaper. I highly doubt they turn around and trade for Aiyuk and then give him a huge contract. JMO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

So the problem obviously is the Bills will have to pay him right away, and my guess would be Diggs current deal is the floor of what that deal would be. Personally I don’t know much about the guy-can he separate, can he make catches in traffic, I have read that he is a good YAC guy, but is that because of the system he was in? I also don’t want the Bills giving up their first round pick. If the 49ers came to the Bills with an offer they should listen, I’m not convinced the Bills should be calling them though

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would rather draft one too but I think Aiyuk could be a good #1 as well.  He got 105 targets last year and I think if you give him 30 more with the Bills...I think we could see a Diggs from MN to Buffalo type of increase in production.

From what I know about Aiyuk is he's a yac guy and we need more of that.

In a way I would rather keep a guy like Aiyuk closer to his current rate of 100 ish receptions, and have the ability to spread the ball around more, imo it keeps defenses a bit more off balance when they aren’t sure who is being targeted, we forced to many passes to Diggs, making us pretty predictable for big chunks of games, jmo. 

• Like (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, JMM said:

I'd rather take my chances in the draft.  Aiyuk is very good, but to me he's not a clearcut WR1 and wasn't one in SF...oh, and he wants to be paid.  Seems like a bad year to trade draft assets for a guy like this...

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, JMM said:

It's the $$$ that worries me. I'd rather draft WRs on rookie contracts than pay top dollar for FAs. Josh can turn these talented rookies into Aiyuk type players

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 twos? 60 and the the Vikings 2nd.  Ayuik last year had more yards and Tds than diggs on over 50 less targets.  I would be all in on Ayuik.  Instantly, steps in as a number one.  Opens the first rd back up.  I think if he is in play Beane will wait and see until draft night.