Diggs traded to Texans for picks

4 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

All five stages of grief are here. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I went right to acceptance. I suspect many are stuck in depression right now and will be until draft. 

I'm just trying to figure out how to not be a homer. Apparently, I have to have an irrational hatred of my favorite team's franchise QB and head coach or I'm a homer jock sniffer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

I’m guessing Rome O, and I don’t think it takes more than trading 1sts and the 25 2nd.

I wish. I'd do it in a heartbeat but doubt we can move up enuf to land that guy. The class is very good but the top three are really not only in a different class but in a different universe than any of the others in terms of demonstrated ability. Almost inconceivable that they bust or seriously underperform. Thomas and AD Mitchell are next best imo but even if not quite boom or bust they are largely trait based picks at this point with an awful lot to learn if they are going to realize their potential at the next level. They could also use a little luck in terms of landing spots. Buffalo should be good but this coaching staff also still needs to prove that they can develop a true #1 receiver.

Rome O is almost.certainly going to be a great pro. I doubt we even get to sniff him.

18 minutes ago, CirclnWagons said:

I know money talks but how does the organization justify using one of Allen’s remaining prime years on a rebuild? Imagine going to work everyday knowing that you will not succeed for at least the next year. He’s counting the bucks but that would be hard for someone that competitive 

I'm less worried about the Bills offense replacing/upgrading the WR position post-Diggs than I am about what the defense looks like in 2024 and what moves remain to be made on that side of the ball the rest of this off season.

I am pretty excited about this news because I think it is medicine that was needed.  However on the field there is a lot that will be missed.

1.  Diggs brought a certain in your face intensity to practice and games that I think made the Bills DB's and other WR's better.  He is always challenging his opponent.

2.  Diggs never missed one game in 4 years, that is remarkable.

On the flip side, we should end up with someone who will at least try and block on running plays.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Cosell made an interesting point, WRs tend to fall in the draft almost every year.  I think about the Jeudy draft, Lamb and Jeudy all fell 5-7 spots from their rankings.  Garrett Wilson fell a few spots to the Jets in 22

WR wasn't a pick until 20 last year.

Not that it's a fact, but those mocks that have Odunze/Nabers/Harrison ALL going by pick 9... they may not be incredibly accurate to how teams draft.  Maybe one falls to 13-15 potentially, and then a team makes a move.

Some WR will shoot up the board.  Feel McKonkey is the one this year, will allow another WR to fall.

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

I am pretty excited about this news because I think it is medicine that was needed.  However on the field there is a lot that will be missed.

1.  Diggs brought a certain in your face intensity to practice and games that I think made the Bills DB's and other WR's better.  He is always challenging his opponent.

2.  Diggs never missed one game in 4 years, that is remarkable.

On the flip side, we should end up with someone who will at least try and block on running plays.

I think that your second and third points might be related.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Also Pure Facts not saying any would happen but the fact remains 

Imagine the Bills trade Diggs and sign Justin Jefferson. My god. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

My son's jersey is a blue Diggs. My daughter's is a red Tre White. I guess we'll have to do a bit of shopping in the near future.

My son and his wife are down to their #17’s now, I guess. I had failed to give him grief on that. Until now.  😋

9 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

How far can #28, a 4th this year and a 2nd next year move us up in the draft?

well, a good gauge is that in 2017, KC traded 27, a 2018 first, and a 2017 third to move up to 10...so the package you're talking about probably gets you to 16 or 17 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Cover 1 with the tweet

Again...complete sensationalism on the dead cap hit stuff.  We are taking an extra 3.2 million against the cap now  to save BIG $ over the next few years with him being totally off the books 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Just watch one Bills live, Cosell (sp) from NFL films was on, and he said the league dictated Diggs worth, and that the league did not see Diggs as a #1, he also said that this trade didn’t all of a sudden happen, that a considerable amount of time was consumed in contacting teams for potential trades, and what they got was as good as they could find, that and Diggs will not be getting the amount of targets he got in Buffalo, etc etc. so it appears Beane did as well on this as could be expected, and there you have it. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

I think the plan is to draft guys not sign more overpriced guys.

It probably is.  But that fact still remains going forward.  Something was going to have to be done with Stef, and well do it now and reset the cap.  

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Again...complete sensationalism on the dead cap hit stuff.  We are taking an extra 3.2 million against the cap now  to save BIG $ over the next few years with him being totally off the books 

Yes But he is right, you wont pay 31M for a player NOT to perform for you unless that "cancer" was spreading.  That is what he is getting at.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Cover 1 with the tweet

For context they’ve been saying they thought Diggs was a slam dunk restructure this offseason. 

They don’t understand the Diggs contract situation at the most fundamental level so they are overplaying the “Diggs is the most toxic player ever” card. 

• Agree 1

Best of luck, Diggs!

Lot of haters out there but I thoroughly enjoyed watching him the bulk of his time here. Not trying to absolve Diggs of any wrong doing but I do believe he catches more flack than he deserved in the diva department. At the end of the day, we all saw the writing on the wall. We knew this was coming, just not so soon. 

I’ll always appreciate what he did to get this team to where it is an helping Allen get to where he is today. That said..

My question for the Bills in their quest for a SB over the past two seasons has always been “is there top end talent good enough?” 

We’ve always known they’re deep and have great players, but to win the big one you need elite players playing at a high level when it matters most. Diggs wasn’t able to provide that, however you chalk it up. 

Kudos to Beane for recognizing it and making an effort to improve instead of holding his cards and going all in on a poker hand that you know isn’t stacked in your odds.

I hope that Steph in HOU will be good for them both, and that the tough choice by Beane and co will pay off in the long run by getting cheaper, younger and potentially more dangerous at WR while Allen is in his prime. 

Go Bills!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Victory Formation said:

I love those guys at Cover 1, I don’t always agree with them, but I bet you $100 that when the 2025 NFL Draft incurs, fans will be euphoric that we have an extra RD2 pick.

That pick is probably gone this year. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yes But he is right, you wont pay 31M for a player NOT to perform for you unless that "cancer" was spreading.  That is what he is getting at.

I agree with that aspect, but the way this whole subject was discussed for a while was that we would be taking on massive dead cap hits for years if he was moved

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

For context they’ve been saying they thought Diggs was a slam dunk restructure this offseason. 

They don’t understand the Diggs contract situation at the most fundamental level so they are overplaying the “Diggs is the most toxic player ever” card. 

Seems like the Diggs toxic card is being well reported currently.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

They are not paying him 31M, they have 31M in dead cap. That 31M has already been paid. As far as I understand, Terry is done writing checks to Diggs. The Bills just have to now pay the cap price of the 2023 offseason restructure. 

Just now, Low Positive said:

They are not paying him 31M, they have 31M in dead cap. That 31M has already been paid. As far as I understand, Terry is done writing checks to Diggs. The Bills just have to now pay the cap price of the 2023 offseason restructure. 

His Salary was guaranteed at 18.5M.  So they would have been paying him....  They are taking the accounting hit to have him OFF the team that says ALOT. for a player that did perform for them

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Mixon being friends with Diggs tells me all I need to know about who Diggs really is.  

Maybe they'll go hang out with Von down in Texas.

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

And losing our WR1 while having a large cap hit dedicated to him this year. I'm not making a statement on the trade, but it's a missing piece of context to that statement. 

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Seems like the Diggs toxic card is being well reported currently.  

Right. I don’t disagree that he is a huge pain in the ass. I just think that C1 is way over playing it. 

I don’t think they are parroting stuff they know is wrong to defend themselves. I think they lack a real fundamental understanding of Diggs salary cap situation and have for the last year or so. 

And because they are wrong about the cap stuff it causes them to put too many eggs in the”Diggs is the most toxic player ever” basket.

I think Diggs was a really difficult teammate and that has caused him to be on the chopping block for quite sometime. But to continue parroting he was some sort of gangrene that risked rotting the whole team is false. 

His trouble vs cap hit vs production no longer made sense and was worth $3M and a 2nd. It is that simple. 

Edited by Mango
Does anybody feel like their iPhone is full of typos lately.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, NickelCity said:

And losing our WR1 while having a large cap hit dedicated to him this year. I'm not making a statement on the trade, but it's a missing piece of context to that statement. 

we went 5-1 to get in, and he was not a major factor 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Mango said:

Right. I don’t disagree that he is a huge pain in the ass. I just think that C1 is way over plying it. 

I don’t think they are parroting stuff they know is wrong to defend themselves. I think they lack a real fundamental understanding of Diggs salary cap situation and have for the last year or so. 

And because they are wrong about the cap staff it causes them to put too many eggs in the”Diggs is the most toxic player ever” basket.

I think Diggs was a really difficult teammate and that has caused him to be on the chopping block for quite sometime. But to continue parroting he was some sort of gangrene that risked rotting the whole team is false. 

His trouble vs cap hit vs production no longer made sense and was worth $3M and a 2nd. It is that simple. 

Agree like Brandt said also in his video disappears in the playoffs and now their QB wont be asked 10000 times about the relationship with Diggs

• Like (+1) 1