TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

With the 80th pick the Cincinnati Bengals select Brenden Rice, WR, USC 

The bloodlines don’t get much better than Jerry Rice, so Brenden might have a head start on the rest of the field. He’s big and plays physical so we hope he can fit right in if Tee leaves in FA. 

@CNYfan and the Seahawks are on the clock 

• Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Seahawks (CNYfan) are on the clock
6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 78th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select:  Jeremiah Trotter Jr, LB, Clemson

Almost our selection earlier this round, we are thrilled to see Jeremiah still on board after picking up Austin Booker at DE previously.  With his pass coverage and pass rush abilities we believe he can come in right away and compete to start and be an important part of our defense moving forward.   A lot of his play reminds us of Fred Warner and we think he has that kind of potential.

That's a good pick. I think he'd start right away at SAM for the Commanders and there is a chance long term he could develop into an option at MIKE once Wagner retires / moves on. He was one of my four targets. But I'm now three picks away and the other three are all still on the board, so I'm getting "one of my guys". 

• Agree 1

With the 81st selection of the 2024 TSW Mock Draft the Seattle Seahawks select Junior Colson Linebacker - Michigan.   

Although another need selection by the Seahawks their brain trust nonetheless sees sufficient value at this spot.   Colson was a part of a National Championship defense and has no deficiencies in his game.  While his pass rush has not stood out he is solid in coverage and hitting the gaps in the run game.  This is not a "swing for the fences" pick but a foundational piece with a high floor at a position of need. 

The Indianapolis Colts @Kirby Jackson are on the clock.  

• Like (+1) 2

With the 82nd selection of the 2024 TSW Mock Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Dadrion Taylor-Demerson, S, Texas Tech.

The makeover of the Colts secondary continues. He’s a smart, versatile, athletic DB, with playmaking ability. He reminds us of a young Micah Hyde. He’s a bit raw, but with Julian Blackmon returning on a 1 year deal, we can be patient. Taylor-Demerson will contribute on ST and in sub-packages day 1. We believe that he can grow into a Pro Bowl player.

The LA Rams and @GunnerBill are on the clock.  

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

With the 83rd pick in the 2024 TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Los Angeles Rams select:

Adisa Isaac, EDGE, Penn State

I had four primary targets for the Rams when this round started. The two linebackers - Trotter and Colson - have gone but the highest grade of the four by my board belongs to Adisa Isaac of Penn State who is still here. He probably only suits teams that play a 3-4 defense at the next level but he has that lean, angular frame and offers great length which reminds me of Leonard Floyd who had good success in this scheme for a couple of years. The Rams got good production out of Byron Young as a rookie on the right side last season and Isaac's skillset is a good compliment for what Young brings. I think he starts as a rookie and can have a productive career in the league. 

@julian and the Pittsburgh Steelers are now on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

With the 83rd pick in the 2024 TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Los Angeles Rams select:

Adisa Isaac, EDGE, Penn State

I had four primary targets for the Rams when this round started. The two linebackers - Trotter and Colson - have gone but the highest grade of the four by my board belongs to Adisa Isaac of Penn State who is still here. He probably only suits teams that play a 3-4 defense at the next level but he has that lean, angular frame and offers great length which reminds me of Leonard Floyd who had good success in this scheme for a couple of years. The Rams got good production out of Byron Young as a rookie on the right side last season and Isaac's skillset is a good compliment for what Young brings. I think he starts as a rookie and can have a productive career in the league. 

@julian and the Pittsburgh Steelers are now on the clock. 

Good pick and I like the player comp to Floyd too.  

With the 84th pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select DeWayne CarterDTDuke

After getting what they believe to be immediate starters in the first two rounds the Steelers believe Carter comes with upside and untapped potential.

@BarleyNYand the Cleveland Browns area now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

The two LB's going off the board didn't feel good for me coming up at 90 but def surprised Colson was on the board this late moreso than Trotter. Def would have taken Isaac and double dipped there as well at 90.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That's a good pick. I think he'd start right away at SAM for the Commanders and there is a chance long term he could develop into an option at MIKE once Wagner retires / moves on. He was one of my four targets. But I'm now three picks away and the other three are all still on the board, so I'm getting "one of my guys". 

Thanks, I would love to see him become a Bill, but between already having Milano, Bernard, and Dorian taking a LB inside the first 4 rounds feels improbable.  Especially considering our other needs, and where we pick, I just can’t see the draft falling in a way where it would make sense we got him.  

He is going to go earlier than we can logically get him, especially not having a 3rd rounder.  And he is going to go in an area of the draft where we should be in the market for one of the other more pressing holes on this team.  

But I like his potential and ability to both cover and bring pressure on the QB. 

With the 86th pick, the Houston Texans select Marshawn Kneeland, Edge, Western Michigan

The Texans continue the fortification of their defense and like Marshawn’s athleticism and ability to push the pocket. While he possesses the physical traits, the coaching staff will work to refine his game and feel he can contribute and compete. 

@JJGauna and the Dallas Cowboys are on the clock

Edited by stinky finger
  • Like (+1) 3

With the 87th overall pick, the Dallas Cowboys select Sedrick Van Pran, C, Georgia!

This Dallas draft has been centered around rebuilding the offensive line and ground attack. The only thing missing is the center! So why not go out and grab the All-SEC center with 2 national championships on his resume. A powerful run blocker that holds up in pass protection, the Cowboys are ecstatic to land the 3 year starter. 

Projected line:

LT: J.C. Latham (Tyler Smith)

LG: Tyler Smith (J.C. Latham)

Center: Sedrick Van Pran

RG: Zack Martin

RT: Terence Steele

The Green Bay Packers @mrags are on the clock!

Edited by JJGauna
  • Like (+1) 5

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Packers (mrags) are on the clock
Posted (edited)

Main page is updated.  I have to check on mrags, because he's in Hawaii right now.  I may have to make that pick for him for the time difference.

Also, great job everyone this morning.  That was a great string of quick picks.  We are on pace to close up by tomorrow night, which is huge for 2.0

Edited by Virgil

with the 88th pick in the NFL draft, the Geeen Bay Packers select…

James Williams, S/OLB Miami

we need safety help, and OLB help. We’re taking both at once. Williams has the ability to change in the fly. He’s massive for a S and a little light for a OLB but he can keep up with the TEs when asked to, and in a pinch he can keep up with WRs as well.

I really liked Cole Bishop and Kitan Oladap here also, but the versatility of Williams is what sold me. 

Tampa Bay @H2o are on the clock. 

25 minutes ago, JJGauna said:

With the 87th overall pick, the Dallas Cowboys select Sedrick Van Pran, C, Georgia!

This Dallas draft has been centered around rebuilding the offensive line and ground attack. The only thing missing is the center! So why not go out and grab the All-SEC center with 2 national championships on his resume. A powerful run blocker that holds up in pass protection, the Cowboys are ecstatic to land the 3 year starter. 

Projected line:

LT: J.C. Latham (Tyler Smith)

LG: Tyler Smith (J.C. Latham)

Center: Sedrick Van Pran

RG: Zack Martin

RT: Terence Steele

The Green Bay Packers @mrags are on the clock!

Love the Van Pran pick. I didn’t see him on the spreadsheet and was wondering if there was a mistake. I’ve got him as my 3rd C in the draft. Behind JPJ and Frazier. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bucs (H2o) are on the clock

With the 89th pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select....... Max Melton / CB / Rutgers.

Our CB room needs some work too. Zyon McCollum isn't really starter material. Melton had a solid season for Rutgers, showed well at the Senior Bowl, and then had a good athletic showing at the combine. We like what Melton offers at this spot. He has solid ball skills and is not afraid to stick his head in there against the run. He had 4 TFL's, 1 sack, 6 PBU's, 3 INT's, and a FF on the season. He also has versatility to play both outside on the boundary and inside in the Slot. We think he will challenge for a starting position even as a rookie, and will be a solid contributor even if it is in an early rotational role.

@gonzo1105 and the Arizona Cardinals are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

With the 89th pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select....... Max Melton / CB / Rutgers.

Our CB room needs some work too. Zyon McCollum isn't really starter material. Melton had a solid season for Rutgers, showed well at the Senior Bowl, and then had a good athletic showing at the combine. We like what Melton offers at this spot. He has solid ball skills and is not afraid to stick his head in there against the run. He had 4 TFL's, 1 sack, 6 PBU's, 3 INT's, and a FF on the season. He also has versatility to play both outside on the boundary and inside in the Slot. We think he will challenge for a starting position even as a rookie, and will be a solid contributor even if it is in an early rotational role.

@gonzo1105 and the Arizona Cardinals are on the clock. 

Great pick think he’s a slot in the NFL but no way he should make it to 89. Early 3rd rounder at worst

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Cardinals (Gonzo1105) are on the clock

WITH THE 90TH PICK IN THE 2024 NFL DRAFT, THE ARIZONA CARDINALS SELECT:

COLE BISHOP SAFETY UNIVERSITY OF UTAH

I fully went in with the idea of taking a LB, IOL, or Isaac here but Haynes, Van Pran, Colson and Trotter all go off the board right before our pick. Bishop is a hell of a consolation prize for the Cardinals as he is my personal favorite safety in this draft. He is not the best one right now but I think 3 years down the line there is a strong possibility he is the best one.

Bishop possesses fantastic athletic ability and size and is a hell of a player in the run game both from inside of the box and running the alley from the deep safety spot. He has shown the ability to play one high safety, man to man on slot WR's and covering Tight Ends. This part of his game will have to be refined into the NFL game but with his smarts and athletic traits he should improve this part of his game exponentially.  In the real draft, I think Bishop has the possibility of going in round 2.

As for the fit with the Cardinals, he will come in at safety number 3 so he much like Benson can acclimate to the pro game before taking over at the Safety spot. Budda Baker is in the last year of his contract, doesn't want to play for a rebuild (which the Cardinals are doing) and will want to be paid one of the highest safeties in the league which doesn't seem frugal for a rebuilding NFL team to pay a Safety premium money hence the add of Bishop here.

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Packers (mrags) are on the clock

The Arizona Cardinals draft is over:

1st Round (#4)- Marvin Harrison Jr WR Ohio State

Others considered for the pick- None

1st Round(#27)- Terrion Arnold CB Alabama

Others considered for the pick- None

2nd Round(#35)- Xavier Legette WR South Carolina

Others Considered for the pick- Ladd McConkey, Chop Robinson(Gone), Zach Frazier OG

3rd Round(#66)- Bralen Trice DE Washington

Others Considered for the pick- Adissa Isaac DE, Kris Jenkins(Gone), Braden Fiske (Gone)

3rd Round(#71)- Trey Benson RB Florida State

Others Considered for the pick- Christian Haynes OG, Cole Bishop S, Junior Colson LB, Isaac DE

3rd Round(#90)- Cole Bishop SAF Utah

Others Considered for the pick- Colson LB(Gone), Haynes(Gone), Van Pran (Gone), Trotter (Gone)

Overall, I'm damn happy with the value I got in this draft. A lot of skill positions but I arguably came away with the best WR, CB, and RB in this draft in my 3 rounds. I thought about taking Zach Frazier at 35 and to be honest probably should have made that move with the remaining WR's left on the board but I wanted to pair the safe Harrison with a high upside WR in Legette instead of another floor player in McConkey. Trice is a high motor Defensive end who isn't the best athlete but never quits on plays and actually has a very advanced repertoire of pass rush moved. He'll get that opportunity in Arizona's 3-4. Benson and Bishop are players who will get PT in 2024 but will eventually take over for their incumbents in 2025 who will be Free Agents.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

with the 91st pick in the NFL draft, the Green Bat Packers select…

MarShawn Lloyd, RB USC

hiurut about double dipping for Hicks at S, or Oladapo, here. Making Williams more LB and special package. But Lloyd was too good to pass up still being on the board. We picked up Jacobs but still need a backup, and we have rb of the future. 

Tampa Bay @H2o are on the clock 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

WITH THE 90TH PICK IN THE 2024 NFL DRAFT, THE ARIZONA CARDINALS SELECT:

COLE BISHOP SAFETY UNIVERSITY OF UTAH

I fully went in with the idea of taking a LB, IOL, or Isaac here but Haynes, Van Pran, Colson and Trotter all go off the board right before our pick. Bishop is a hell of a consolation prize for the Cardinals as he is my personal favorite safety in this draft. He is not the best one right now but I think 3 years down the line there is a strong possibility he is the best one.

Bishop possesses fantastic athletic ability and size and is a hell of a player in the run game both from inside of the box and running the alley from the deep safety spot. He has shown the ability to play one high safety, man to man on slot WR's and covering Tight Ends. This part of his game will have to be refined into the NFL game but with his smarts and athletic traits he should improve this part of his game exponentially.  In the real draft, I think Bishop has the possibility of going in round 2.

As for the fit with the Cardinals, he will come in at safety number 3 so he much like Benson can acclimate to the pro game before taking over at the Safety spot. Budda Baker is in the last year of his contract, doesn't want to play for a rebuild (which the Cardinals are doing) and will want to be paid one of the highest safeties in the league which doesn't seem frugal for a rebuilding NFL team to pay a Safety premium money hence the add of Bishop here.

He was on my list for #99 if he got there. I always thought he'd likely be gone though.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bucs (H2o) are on the clock
6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

@H2o@Hermes@NewEra@mannc@Might Rather@julian@GunnerBill@Alphadawg7

Hey everyone, I'm switching to a 90 minute window for the remainder of this draft.  I want to be done with 1.0 by tonight, so 2.0 start-up can start tomorrow, with the draft starting on Wednesday.  With 2 rounds and trades, it just takes longer.  

Thanks for the heads up.  I went to bed at dark but the birds woke me up 3 minutes later. 🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

With the 92nd pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select....... Mason McCormick / G / South Dakota St.

It's back to the trenches again. McCormick is a super athletic Guard prospect who is coming from an FCS school where he dominated. He then gets an invite to the Shrine Bowl where he impressed scouts there. Then he goes on to the Combine and checks every athletic box you could possibly hope for, coming in at 7th best ALL TIME. The only box he didn't check at the Combine was the bench and he hit 32 reps at his Pro Day. He started the last 57 games of his career so he's also durable. We like the value here in a guy who could be something special on the interior of our OL. 

@Virgil and the Baltimore Ravens are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

@H2o@Hermes@NewEra@mannc@Might Rather@julian@GunnerBill@Alphadawg7

Hey everyone, I'm switching to a 90 minute window for the remainder of this draft.  I want to be done with 1.0 by tonight, so 2.0 start-up can start tomorrow, with the draft starting on Wednesday.  With 2 rounds and trades, it just takes longer.  

If it doesn't get to me until too late I'll do first thing and then there is only @Alphadawg7 to go. But I will check here last thing before bed.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The 49ers (Hermes) are on the clock

With the 93rd pick in the TSW 1.0 mock draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Jonah Elliss, Edge, Utah.  

The Ravens really debated RB here, but felt we needed defensive line support more.  We really wanted to go IOL, but the recent run on players didn't leave much value here.  

Emerging from a legacy steeped in NFL heritage, Jonah Elliss, DE/EDGE from Utah, has not just lived up to the expectations set by his lineage but has also carved a distinct niche for himself in the collegiate arena. From his freshman year in 2021, where he saw action in 10 games and tallied 4 tackles, 1 assist, and added 3 stops along with 11 total pressures (7 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks), Elliss demonstrated early signs of his disruptive potential on the field.

His sophomore year in 2022 marked a significant leap, participating in 11 games and amassing 18 tackles, 7 assists, and 14 stops. His pass-rushing prowess was on full display as he racked up 25 total pressures, including an impressive 21 QB hurries and 4 sacks, signaling his emergence as a formidable force on Utah's defensive line.

2023 saw Elliss reach new heights in his junior year, playing in 10 games and significantly increasing his snap count to 573. His stat line of 17 tackles, 6 assists, and 25 stops, complemented by a remarkable 41 total pressures (26 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and an outstanding 13 sacks), underscores a player who has not only embraced the Elliss family legacy but has also set the stage for a promising future at the professional level.

The San Francisco 49ers @Hermes are on the clock

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If it doesn't get to me until too late I'll do first thing and then there is only @Alphadawg7 to go. But I will check here last thing before bed.

And I am usually up late, so if it gets to you and you get your pick in, I will see mine and get it done before the night is over here on the Westcoast.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

With the 93rd pick in the TSW 1.0 mock draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Jonah Elliss, Edge, Utah.  

The Ravens really debated RB here, but felt we needed defensive line support more.  We really wanted to go IOL, but the recent run on players didn't leave much value here.  

Emerging from a legacy steeped in NFL heritage, Jonah Elliss, DE/EDGE from Utah, has not just lived up to the expectations set by his lineage but has also carved a distinct niche for himself in the collegiate arena. From his freshman year in 2021, where he saw action in 10 games and tallied 4 tackles, 1 assist, and added 3 stops along with 11 total pressures (7 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks), Elliss demonstrated early signs of his disruptive potential on the field.

His sophomore year in 2022 marked a significant leap, participating in 11 games and amassing 18 tackles, 7 assists, and 14 stops. His pass-rushing prowess was on full display as he racked up 25 total pressures, including an impressive 21 QB hurries and 4 sacks, signaling his emergence as a formidable force on Utah's defensive line.

2023 saw Elliss reach new heights in his junior year, playing in 10 games and significantly increasing his snap count to 573. His stat line of 17 tackles, 6 assists, and 25 stops, complemented by a remarkable 41 total pressures (26 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and an outstanding 13 sacks), underscores a player who has not only embraced the Elliss family legacy but has also set the stage for a promising future at the professional level.

The San Francisco 49ers @Hermes are on the clock

He was my 4th guy. Isaac, Colson, Trotter, Elliss. That was my board at the start of this round for the Rams.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He was my 4th guy. Isaac, Colson, Trotter, Elliss. That was my board at the start of this round for the Rams.

Happy to cause the Rams pain and misery 😁

18 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

WRs make up 24% of the players drafted in the first 2 rounds?  Is this even remotely realistic?  

In my top 100 over 40% are WR and OL. I don't think it is miles off at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Chiefs (NewEra) are on the clock

The Kansas City Chiefs feel blessed to be able to select Javon Baker, WR, UCF.

We stuck to our board in rd 1 and 2 and took who we thought were the best players and it turned out they were at premium positions (Edge and CB).  Doing the same here.  We didn’t think WR was as much of a need as the public so we banked on the depth of the position in this draft class and it paid off.   Very happy with this selection.

@mannc is on the clock

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Jaguars (mannc) are on the clock

With the 96th selection in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select DJ James, CB, Auburn.  

With this comp pick, we’re able to add one of the three best man-coverage corners in this year’s draft.  Unlike the two Alabama corners who were picked in round 1, James was constantly asked to cover number 1 SEC receivers man-to-man and he held up very well.

We are extremely pleased with our top three picks this year, each of whom shores up an area of need:  Laiatu Latu, Roman Wilson and DJ James.

@Might Rather and the Cincinnati Burrows are on the clocks.

• Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bengals (Might Rather) are on the clock

With the 97th selection of the 2024 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select Mekhi Wingo, DT, LSU

Wingo is a shade undersized, but his tape is fun to watch. He has three down-potential and we have confidence he can eventually become a starter.

@julian and the Steelers are on the clock 

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Steelers (julian) are on the clock

With the 98th pick, the Pittsburgh Steelers select, Christian Jones, OL, Texas.

The Steelers decide to add another much needed piece to the oline competition by adding the Texas RT in hopes he can help stabilize the front along with 1st round selection JPJ.

@GunnerBilland the LA Rams are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Rams (GunnerBill) are on the clock
1 hour ago, Virgil said:

The San Francisco 49ers select Kris Abrams-Draine, DB, Missouri.

The Chiefs @NewEra are on the clock

Thanks for making the pick. I'll have to let someone else take the reigns next time around