With new rules in place. Do you want the Bills to be on Hard Knocks this summer?

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

NFL has changed qualifications for Hard Knocks meaning the Bills are eligible to be forced to do it this summer as they removed the playoff criteria.  Here are the only teams that aren't qualified.

They have a first-year head coach in place.

They're participating in the in-season show during the upcoming year or the following season. 

They have appeared on "Hard Knocks" in the past eight years.

They apparently will also feature an In Season Hard Knocks where they'll follow four teams in a division.  It's doubtful the AFC East will be chosen this year since the Fish did it last year and the Jets were in the summer addition.

I used to be against it because of the possible distraction but it's not like avoiding the show has led to a Super Bowl birth.  I would enjoy the behind the scenes stuff and get a better sense of the personalities of the coaches and players.  Would be curious if you guys would welcome it or think it's too big of a distraction.

On the other hand you have: 
- The Bills trying to get over the hump. Roster getting younger. Possible coach on the hot seat. 

- Rodgers come back season at 40 and possible run for VP.
- McDaniels is a bit of a media darling across the league. Then add in a possible Tua extension. Plus Poyer moves in the division.

- Then the Patriots first season without Belichick for literally an entire generation of humanity. 

A lot of pretty quality storylines in the AFCE even if this doesn't turn out to be a super competitive year. 

I hope to continue my streak of never having seen a hard knocks show, I like football for the games, not the nonsense.  Like the Fleetwood Mac lyrics say, “ Players only love you when they’re playing”…, 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

From the fan side definitely don't want the distraction, from the content consumer side stick it in my veins.

Do think Bills or Chiefs with how consistently they've performed are serious candidates with the rule change. Wonder if Mahomes doing "Quarterback" would make it more or less likely for them?

It’s not a terrible thing for the country to start knowing the Bills better. Casual fans have closer connections to Hard Knocks teams. 

It would help dispel a lot of false narratives. 

This team is the definition of Hard Knocks 

No. I would rather McDermott focus on clock management, the front office focus on the draft, and position coaches coach up our young players to be serviceable backups with potential.

10 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Exactly, my fellow FL Bills fan.  McD would have a kniption if he had to be on tape for Hard Knocks.  I can proudly say I’ve never watched the show as it’s a freak show.

I agree and I am also in the minority that has never seen one second of this show.  not worth wasting my time.  However....if someone could pick and clip the McClappy scenes I would watch those.......that and DIVA Diggs.....JA would most likely be funny as would Dion.  My gawd I have almost talked my way into watching the damned thing!!  Nah....not gonna happen!

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I would rather they didn’t but it’s obvious with Allen’s starpower and the Bills fanbase not to mention the occasional appearance by Hailee Steinfeld it makes the Bills prime candidates for one very soon. 

Hailee today....gone tomorrow

Edited by Kwai San

14 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

NFL has changed qualifications for Hard Knocks meaning the Bills are eligible to be forced to do it this summer as they removed the playoff criteria.  Here are the only teams that aren't qualified.

They have a first-year head coach in place.

They're participating in the in-season show during the upcoming year or the following season. 

They have appeared on "Hard Knocks" in the past eight years.

They apparently will also feature an In Season Hard Knocks where they'll follow four teams in a division.  It's doubtful the AFC East will be chosen this year since the Fish did it last year and the Jets were in the summer addition.

I used to be against it because of the possible distraction but it's not like avoiding the show has led to a Super Bowl birth.  I would enjoy the behind the scenes stuff and get a better sense of the personalities of the coaches and players.  Would be curious if you guys would welcome it or think it's too big of a distraction.

I do not want to see the Bills on Hard Knocks.