KC Trades L.Sneed to Titans

Just now, mannc said:

Taylor and Thuney were FA acquisitions 

And?

Your original post said” Don’t pay anyone except the big three”

So they don’t count as guys who are being “paid “… because they are FAs?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, juno999 said:

Sneed is good.  Glad he's no longer a Chief.  So is Diggs.

Absolutely he was the most influential player on that D other than Jones. It frees up a ton of cap but this is good news for the Bills!

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

this is a  bit shocking IMO. I expected KC to get a 2nd and 4th

They didn't have the money to pay him, so they had to get what they could.

Not a comment directed at the Bills but the NFL in general, this why the Chiefs remain competitive. 

HC/QB are in place and they have a budget for every position, regardless of how good they are if they exceed the budget they just trade them.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Not a comment directed at the Bills but the NFL in general, this why the Chiefs remain competitive. 

HC/QB are in place and they have a budget for every position, regardless of how good they are if they exceed the budget they just trade them.

IDK I think the Chiefs messed this one up. Trading a good CB1 for a 3rd round pick is not good value. They could've let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They can roll that cap space over to next year as Jones's cap hit next year is $34.8m in 2025.  It puts them in good position to re-sign Humphrey, Danna, and D. Smith if they wanted.

I think they were in good position regardless.  From everything I’ve read, there is supposed to be another massive increase to the cap ceiling for the 25/26 season (the Bills, Saints, Cowboys, Dolphins, 49ers, Chiefs, Ravens and Eagles would all appreciate it).  I think the Chieftriots are up to something big and I hope it’s not a trade for Jefferson.  

4 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Absolutely he was the most influential player on that D other than Jones. It frees up a ton of cap but this is good news for the Bills!

It was a smart move,  they have Trent McDuffie only 24 who already a star and on a rookie controlled contract for the next 2 seasons.  Why pay Sneed,  this is why Beane and the Bills are always in cap jail.  You don't need two lockdown corners and yes Beane overpaid on Johnson

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

It was a smart move,  they have Trent McDuffie only 24 who already a star and on a rookie controlled contract for the next 2 seasons.  Why pay Sneed,  this is why Beane and the Bills are always in cap jail.  You don't need two lockdown corners and yes Beane overpaid on Johnson

Yes they can put McDuffie back out there full time but there was a reason they went the other way last year. I do actually like Jaylen Watson a fair bit who was a 7th rounder the same draft as McDuffie and started in the Eagles Superbowl (he was good that day whereas McDuffie struggled in that game). They have definitely just got weaker at corner though. 

As for Taron Johnson Beane absolutely did not overpay. Cam Sutton was the market setter for nickel corners at $11m AAV. Taron > Cam I was guessing $12.5m AAV or thereabouts. To bring Taron in cheaper than Cam was a hell of a deal for the Bills.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Diggs will. He doesn’t show up.

Generally I roll my eyes at these comments. But this is pretty accurate. Great regular season performer but has he really had a big playoff game for us?

7 minutes ago, zevo said:

Generally I roll my eyes at these comments. But this is pretty accurate. Great regular season performer but has he really had a big playoff game for us?

He’s had a couple good games but never in the elimination game. Always a disappearing act for Diggs. Obviously not all his fault but it’s definitely a trend now.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

A 3rd next year for a 27 year old top CB? 'the hell? Chiefs got fleeced.

Pretty glad too. When I saw it, I assumed it would be for the Titans 2nd Rounder at 38. A package of 32 and 38 could have sent them soaring past us for Brian Thomas Jr.

It’s an interesting discussion- 

a third next year at this crossroads in free agency can be like essentially trading an expected comp pick instead of signing a guy and losing that comp pick. With the right team and right framing it’s very low compensation. 

im curious to see the contract and if that’s particularly punishing or if the league doesn’t view Snead the way Buffalo fans do after the diggs issues 

7 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If this is the market for a guy like Snead, any market for Diggs likely to be at best the same, probably worse, right?

It would be worse. Look at the age difference 

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, IBTG81 said:

Chiefs got a 2025 3rd round pick, and the teams swapped 2024 7th round picks. 
Titans robbed them. 

8 hours ago, Success said:

Poor return for a player of that caliber, imo.

Trades are about the player and the contract.  Often compensation is misunderstood because people only consider the player.

• Agree 1