Josh Allen the new Kyle Williams

I was just watching Kyle Williams last game and it hit me that he may have given Josh Allen the his heart and soul, so Josh could take his mantle as the heart and soul of the team.  It got me thinking who did Kyle get it from, Aaron Schobel?

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, USCGBILLSFAN said:

I was just watching Kyle Williams last game and it hit me that he may have given Josh Allen the his heart and soul, so Josh could take his mantle as the heart and soul of the team.  It got me thinking who did Kyle get it from, Aaron Schobel?

Thoughts?

Takeo Spikes

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, USCGBILLSFAN said:

Thoughts?

Fred Jackson.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, USCGBILLSFAN said:

Thoughts?

Good question Kyle was the Bills through & through the perfect player to come to Buffalo a guy that wasn't going to leave & wanted his entire career to be with this team which is why he is and will always be 1 of if not my favorite player ! His reaction when they made the play offs with his kids was 1 in a million just a great man !! 

Shovel was like him in that he lead by his example and played his entire career here if i remember correctly ? I don't remember him as being a rah rah type before the games so in that respect i'd say no and to be honest i don't know if there was another like Williams they don't come along every day which is why he was so loved by Bills Mafia .

I would LOVE to see them bring Kyle in for the legend of the game 1 day he would be perfect guy to get not only the fans going but the team too . If there was another like Kyle before him i can't remember who that might be, their career would have to mirror his & to do the same that he did from start to finish for the Bills man not sure there has been another like him !! 

https://www.wivb.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-icon-kyle-williams-thriving-as-football-coach-in-his-hometown/

P.S. - Just saw Fred Jackson he may be the only other but he didn't end his career with the Bills ...

Edited by T master

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Ed Wang

They kind of existed simultaneously. The mysterious answer to this burning question needs to be someone who only barely crosses over with Kyle. 1-2 years max.

Well, if those are the rules, okay, but I think Fred is actually the answer.   I think Fred was the emotional heart and sole of the team until Kyle took over, overlap or not.   

And because I haven't always been so deeply attached to the team, and because I'm old enough not to be able remember, I have trouble naming guys from earlier eras.  Talley, for sure.  But between him and Fred, I'm sure there were leaders, but I'm not sure any were in the category of Fred and Kyle.