Sanders doesnt like the idea of warm weather players going to cold weather teams

Einstein

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Yeah I dont agree with Deion at all.

On pretty much anything, now that I think about it. 

The most delusional narcissist in sports. An embarrassing coach who is far more interested in propping up himself and his kids than being a real leader. Guy is a joke!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Not that I want Sanders kid on the team, but his words do tend to have a lot of influence on college players in general.

"I don’t want my kid [Shedeur] going nowhere cold next year. He grew up in Texas. He played in Jackson, played in Colorado. Season’s over before it gets cold in Colorado. I’m just thinking way ahead. I don’t want that for him.”

“Let me tell you something that I have a problem with,” Deion told Russo. “And this kid can flat out play, I think he’s the best one on the board this year for sure. A kid that’s coming from California for the last couple years, right? And went to Oklahoma. That’s not terribly cold. Chicago’s cold, man. You gotta think about that kind of stuff when you’re taking a young man. Like see, when you take a guy from Ohio State and you bring him to Chicago, OK, I could understand that. But from California to Chicago? Not only that, they added what? One or two more games in the NFL. Seventeen games. Come on, man. You gotta factor in that stuff. That stuff matters."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/deion-sanders-doesnt-want-shedeur-playing-in-the-cold-at-the-nfl-level

I think he's basically saying he doesn't want his kid going to a cold weather City because he knows he's limited

And as I've said 10,000 times situation is everything in the NFL... The coaches, the system the other players around you and the city all help make or break you

Sanders has tons of issues as an NFL quarterback even though he will get drafted high because of his name... He's already padding stats at Colorado

But I would give him a 5% chance of succeeding in a place like Chicago or Green Bay

I don't think he will be a successful NFL quarterback but Deion is right when he's looking to the Future for his kid... He can run but he doesn't like to... And he holds the ball

That's a recipe to getting beat up in the league.. I would never touch him in the first round

• Like (+1) 1

Not that I want Sanders kid on the team, but his words do tend to have a lot of influence on college players in general.

"I don’t want my kid [Shedeur] going nowhere cold next year. He grew up in Texas. He played in Jackson, played in Colorado. Season’s over before it gets cold in Colorado. I’m just thinking way ahead. I don’t want that for him.”

“Let me tell you something that I have a problem with,” Deion told Russo. “And this kid can flat out play, I think he’s the best one on the board this year for sure. A kid that’s coming from California for the last couple years, right? And went to Oklahoma. That’s not terribly cold. Chicago’s cold, man. You gotta think about that kind of stuff when you’re taking a young man. Like see, when you take a guy from Ohio State and you bring him to Chicago, OK, I could understand that. But from California to Chicago? Not only that, they added what? One or two more games in the NFL. Seventeen games. Come on, man. You gotta factor in that stuff. That stuff matters."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/deion-sanders-doesnt-want-shedeur-playing-in-the-cold-at-the-nfl-level

Sone kid named Josh Allen went from CA to Buffalo and he’s kind of hanging in there. Another Diva turning his kid into a Diva. Hey Deion don’t do your kid any favors. Because you’re not doing him any favors. No one wants a meddlesome Dad coach being drafted along with the player.

Who cares what he thinks?

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think it’s actually a great point for a QB. 

If it's a great point for QBs, then you might want to include Rbs and wrs as well. They have to catch and hold on to a cold rock being thrown 50 mph at them.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Clyde Smith said:

If it's a great point for QBs, then you might want to include Rbs and wrs as well. They have to catch and hold on to a cold rock being thrown 50 mph at them.

Players hate playing in cold. The best players are from warm climates.

But the money is great so they deal with it.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Players hate playing in cold. The best players are from warm climates.

But the money is great so they deal with it.

totally agree. A draftee can deal with it. Where I think the problem happens when 2 places are 50/50 coin flip FA. All things being equal WR/QB FA would not want blizzard conditions. It's why I strongly believe WR/QB for BUF has to be (forcibly) drafted vs. FA. Defense/OL blizzards for FA less so.

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

totally agree. A draftee can deal with it. Where I think the problem happens when 2 places are 50/50 coin flip FA. All things being equal WR/QB FA would not want blizzard conditions. It's why I strongly believe WR/QB for BUF has to be (forcibly) drafted vs. FA. Defense/OL blizzards for FA less so.

I get the logic, but does it actually happen?  I bet this ranks  WAY down the list of importance to a FA or any player for that matter. 

I mean all teams can now practice in doors, so we're talking about maybe 2 or 3 home games per year with potentially bad weather?  Whooppee

• Like (+1) 1

I'm growing quite tired of Deion, his arrogance, and his constant input on things. Like somehow we should care or take into account what he thinks. If his kid can play, it really shouldn't matter where he goes. 

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

Other than the ones who want to go to Colorado, who does he have a lot of influence over?

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It does affect stats playing in crap weather.

Good thing few games are actually played in crap weather...

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Deion should worry more about running a winning college football program, and develop Shadeur into an even more complete player. He’s scheming his entire game plan to prop up Shadeur’s stats imo. 

Yep. His main reason for coaching Colorado was to develop his son. I predict they will have another mediocre season, but sanders will have good numbers.

Deion will do a good job hyping his son, who will ultimately be selected by Pittsburgh with a high draft pick, much to his chagrin. Ultimately , Shadeur will flame out of the NFL.

Meanwhile Deion will coach Colorado for another year after his son leaves. The season turns out to be his worst season of the three. At this point, even the most faithful Colorado fans have made a 180 and soured on him. They will buy him out from the remainder of his contract and he will transition into an analyst role on ESPN, where he spends all his waking moments blaming his sons poor play on "cold weather conditions".

• Agree 1