Nathan Peterman - Signs with Saints

GoBills!

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

He is a terrible football player, agreed. But to your words of "he is still taking a job", it's the front offices who are willingly paying him. I really don't blame him or his agent to continue getting employed as a player. 

I don’t blame them but I don’t like it either. It’s a different form of nepotism. It’s like, “he’s an easy personality to have in the room and not a real threat to the job.” More power to him, but I think it’s BS that a more qualified individual doesn’t get the opportunity because he’s a known “nice guy.”

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t blame them but I don’t like it either. It’s a different form of nepotism. It’s like, “he’s an easy personality to have in the room and not a real threat to the job.” More power to him, but I think it’s BS that a more qualified individual doesn’t get the opportunity because he’s a known “nice guy.”

Without a doubt. I am not disagreeing with what you are saying. My point is that it's not Peterman's fault that he keeps getting jobs. He sucks on the field but has done a good job marketing himself. 

• Agree 1

There were three times in all my years of Bills fandom that I thought I witnessed a football career come to a premature end.  When Kevin Everett got hurt.  When Hamlin got hurt.  And when Nathan Peterman threw 5 picks before halftime in his first start.

I was wrong on two of the three.  So happy for Hamlin.  As for Peterman, I'm still kind of amazed that his career has lasted another 6 years and counting.  

• Like (+1) 1

Not many 5th round QBs survive this long in the NFL. Looking at the teams he played for, he has really just been a backup on a rebuilding team throughout his career. There hasn't been high expectations that he'll need to come off the bench and save a team trying to make the playoffs. So, given the teams he's played for and the situations, he's a good candidate for NO this year. I don't think there are high expectations there for 2024 and if he is another "coach in the room" or on the practice field, this is an excellent decision. Low cap hit for a vet that can help "coach'em up". Good FA "pick" for New Orleans. 

As a previous poster noted, he may be setting himself up for a post-career coaching gig. Win-Win for him and New Orleans.

My 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

Man, I picked the wrong career path. I’m already incompetent but likeable, but in 11 years at my current job I’ve probably made less than this incompetent but likeable dork has in one.

i could have sucked at football and made bank… I DO suck at football, what am I saying? PUT ME IN COACH

Working 11 years at one shop doesn't help. Gotta move around to get paid.

This guy has made $7 MILLION in career earnings so far! 

Just amazing how rich you can get, being literally below average, in today's sports scene.

The NHL is filled with nobodies making 2 or 3 million a year who will never be worth a damned as a player, but they make up the numbers and will enjoy a 10 year career being crap.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Why do mock this guy? He's a freaking genius!

He’s made about $7.5 Mil for mostly playing catch and holding a clipboard. Genius indeed! 

• Agree 1

I gotta hand it to Peterman. He's made a career of it, even though he is below average.

32 teams at 3 QB's each, I guess there's room for someone like Peterman in the 96 spots.

Think about it.. he made a million bucks playing for the Bears, that sure beats a 9-5 job.

Edited by boater

On 3/14/2024 at 8:29 PM, Maine-iac said:

How is this even a thing?  Who in there right mind thinks Peterman should ever get under center and take a snap in the NFL?

They need someone to run the scout team.