CURTIS SAMUEL A BILL

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I'm hopeful this signing is evidence that they're targeting a big WR with their 1st pick. Size is the one element we are still missing. Diggs and Samuel can be moved around the formation and do a little bit of everything. We still need our true X receiver, and have him ready to step into Diggs' role in 2025.

Something I haven't seen anyone mention - Beane officially did not restructure Diggs' contract this season. I didn't expect him to, but the fact that he didn't means they are not confident Diggs will be on the team in 2025. They are going to prepare for his eventual exit.

🤐the Bills have until March 17th to trade him before his 18.5 cash bonus if we have any interest in doing so

55 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I like the move. He’s a playmaker and has speed.  We’re loaded underneath. Beane has been preaching RAC every offseason.  Now he has it.  Samuel, cook, kincaid, shakir are all explosive playmakers imo.  Knox and Diggs aren’t too shabby either. 

He’d be a fine signing for KC.  I’m sure Veach has something up his sleeve.  

He’s just not an X in many peoples opinion, mine included.  He’s best in the slot and we already have a young up and coming slot playing on a rookie contract. We have limited resources and I can understand people preferring to invest resources to fill and immediate hole.  Samuel is almost a luxury based on his skill set. Maybe those people are wrong and Samuel can fill the roll outside.  Brady will just have to get creative.  I suspect that we’ll be seeing some Mack Hollins playing more X than many think.  

Not sure that I'd place Kincaid or Shakir in the "explosive playmaker" class.

To be clear, I think these guys are both excellent players.  In the mid field (10-20 yd) range.  But not explosive play guys.

• Agree 1

Just now, pennstate10 said:

To be clear, I think these guys are both excellent players.  In the mid field (10-20 yd) range.  But not explosive play guys.

Shakir actually is fairly explosive.  YAC.  Jets game.  Steelers playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrMaxPower said:

Yeah, depending which WR have gone, I'd be ok with it personally. Bit of a risk but high ceiling at a priority position.

I think the general concensus would heartily disagree. 

Well he’s got that Penn state pedigree too he’s not Micah Parsons but he has a chance to be a 10 sack a year kinda guy 

wait until Beane COOOOOKS up this baby

Trade Diggs before Sunday bonus + 4th + 6th to Houston for pick 23.

Draft night pick 23 & 28 to NYG at 6

Select Malik Nabers

Then trade 60 + 2025 1st & 2nd to SEA at 16

Select Brian Thomas Jr

F DEM PICKS!!!! 

🥳

Nabers

Thomas Jr

Samuel

Shakir

🤣

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Well the good news for you is that we’ve disagreed with pretty much everything ever, and, to put it lightly, my track record has been better than yours.

How do?  Because the refs allowed Jawaan Taylor to hold Bosa the entire game?  Grats

36 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

The TD vs the Steelers playoff game was certainly explosives.  Kincaid is certainly explosive when he catches and turns it upfield in one fluid motion.  I think we have different opinions of what explosive is. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm hopeful this signing is evidence that they're targeting a big WR with their 1st pick. Size is the one element we are still missing. Diggs and Samuel can be moved around the formation and do a little bit of everything. We still need our true X receiver, and have him ready to step into Diggs' role in 2025.

Something I haven't seen anyone mention - Beane officially did not restructure Diggs' contract this season. I didn't expect him to, but the fact that he didn't means they are not confident Diggs will be on the team in 2025. They are going to prepare for his eventual exit.

Absolutely agree. We like to ease our rookies along usually and I think getting a first rounder in the wr room for a year before Diggs leaves is the plan. Good depth for this year but also good to let him sit and learn behind vets which we like to do. I think this will be Diggs last year in Buffalo IF we go wr in round 1, which I think we still will. 

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

I agree. Signing Samuel makes me think they'll only take one wr in the draft, which I'm ok with if they get a top prospect. No round 2 or 3 guys 

In this draft a round 2 WR might still be a future #1. I could see guys like Legette, Coleman and Franklin being picked up in the 2nd by Buffalo.

Deep draft. Round 1 or 2 and we should all be excited.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

They’ll get more out of Samuel than Denote Harty. Now with 9 WR’s already on the roster. I think WR in RD1 is no longer a slam dunk. Could see them trading down and taking a safety or interior OL.

Beane gets these types of players so McD can go mostly defense in the draft. He’s done it most years. We won’t draft a WR1 until Diggs is gone the following year. There’s going to be some angry people on draft day. They will likely attempt to copy KC and draft a physical CB and safety.

Their goals of this draft:

-Get bigger

-only draft positions that develop quickly.

Edited by Governor
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Don’t see them going that high. I think Thomas is going in the teens and by teens I mean like 12-17. That would also require a 3rd rounder we don’t have which means we had to go 1st this year and 1st and 2nd next which I can’t see them doing 

I looked at a consensus mock draft today, 9 mock drafters ...Jeremiah , Walter, and a couple more names I recognized. They had Thomas at 50% going to the Bills at 28, with 2nd highest % chance that Legette is the pick. I was really surprised because most seem to think he'll be long gone.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/mock-draft-consensus.php

Would be incredible to get him without moving very far.

Edited by Turk71

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I think he's similar to Gabe in that he's better suited as a #3 or 4 WR but will not live up to being expected to be a legit #2.

He isn't a WR2, and I don't think he was signed to replace Davis. He's a nice piece if he's a #3 or #4.

I still expect WR2 is an early draft pick.

Just now, Turk71 said:

I looked at a consensus mock draft today, 9 mock drafters ...Jeremiah , Walter Campbell and a couple more names I recognized. They had Thomas at 50% going to the Bills at 28, with 2nd highest % chance that Mitchell is the pick. I was really surprised because most seem to think he'll be long gone.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/mock-draft-consensus.php

Would be incredible to get him without moving very far.

I'd be thrilled with either. I just don't believe Thomas is going to be there at #28 or really anywhere near there.