CURTIS SAMUEL A BILL

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

He is a middle wr. Solid signing for a guy that will likely start but not a bargain or anything. 

I was strictly talking about his cost.  He will come in this year with a $6M-ish cap hit if the $24M (up to $30 with incentives) is accurate.

With Beane's cap situations it's about the highest he can go this year.

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

You have to look at the depth of the draft honestly. The DE and DT draft drops off big time after the first 5 or so while the WR crop is incredibly deep. I think that’s why the Bills made this move. 

Said the top 4 WRs are gone and WRs 5-10 let’s say are all similarly graded 

Then they need a huge move up in the 2nd.  Because WR's will fly off the board starting with Carolina at #33.  5-10 won't be there at 60.

And I don't care what their rankings are,we need Diggs replacement  out of this draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

Good, now let’s draft McConkey and we are set on offense.

McCorkle??? You're just kidding right??

The Bills will be drafting a big-bodied X receiver like Thomas Jr., Adonai Mitchell, Keon Coleman or Xavier Legette

This signing probably eliminates guys like Worthy, Roman Wilson, Troy Franklin, and McConkey

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Bills!Win! said:

I don’t know much about the Panthers or Commanders. Is this possibly just another Deonte Harty signing? 

Better than that. Consistently a 600+ yard WR. 27 years old and a known commodity whereas Harty was an upside play. 

28 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Is he?   The money does not say so.  In 7 years he has 22 TD's.  Davis has 27 in 4 years and has been a great playoff performer.  Does this guy block?   He just seems different to me, not a huge upgrade.  Davis dropped the ball more than we like, sure but are you telling me this guy has no warts?

Who were the QB’s throwing balls to these two?  QBs make receivers, not vice versa.  Gabe Dropavis is nothing without Josh.  

37 minutes ago, Steptide said:

So - 

Diggs

Samuel

Shakir

Draft 

Draft

Everyone else is expendable 

Edit - totally forgot about hollins 😬

KJ Hamler could be the Dark Horse. Hopefully he is fully healthy. 

• Agree 1

If Thomas JR or Mitchell aren’t there at 28 I would trade back into the early 2nd and hopefully pick up a 3rd round pick. Draft Leggette or Franklin with that pick then grab DLine and safeties with next few picks 

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm happy with that move. But it further underlines to me that the need in the draft is for a vertical threat, downfield receiver.

So Samuel is more of a slot receiver in the Cole Beasley role?  

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I want some credit! I’ve mentioned Samuel tons of times!!😎

Also I think this makes Thomas / Legette / AD as VERY likely 

It could make a Legette/K Campbell/T Franklin in the second more likely too though.

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

You do know he ran a 4.31 right?

They still need Thomas, Mitchell, or Legette. I hope Beane takes from this incentive to trade up for Thomas. If it means one WR in the draft, get an elite talent.

The value of the signing is diminished if it means getting a round 2 edge at #28.

• Agree 1