Bills top 30 visits

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I just don't see a place for DL (particularly DE) to make a major contribution this year.   Realistically,  a late 1st probably isn't going to beat out the established veterans at those spots,  so you're drafting depth for this year.   IMO,  they'd be better off drafting two or three of them early on day 3,  fill the depth need,  and re-evaluate after the season.  I think 2025 is supposed to be a better DL draft, anyway. 

The guy we’re talking about is not a late 1st talent. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not to mention that McDerrmot rotates lineman. He could definitely make an impact. 

That said, we really need to address the WR spot, be it an early pick or some sort of veteran move. Given the cap situation I think the draft is the most likely we way to get that done (and we really should give Josh a young wr1). 

1 hour ago, nosejob said:

I would target the Steelers at 20. I'm trading a 2025 2nd (likely from Minn.) to...

swap 28 for 20

swap 60 for 51

receive pick 84

If BT is there, great, if he's gone take Latu. No way he gets to 28.

BTJR at 20  Sweat at 51 or Latu and move up in the 2nd for WR

Yeah, that compensation isn't happening. I'm not sure what chart you're looking at, but a 2nd in 2025 isn't getting you 8 spots in the 1st, 9 spots in the 2nd, and a 3rd Round pick. That's not even possible in Madden. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I actually don't have an issue with drafting Latu at 28 (I would not trade up for him given the injury issue) and yes,  he's probably better than the usual projects at DE in the late 1st.  Still,  I would be concerned that he spends most or all of the season mired as the 4th DE on the roster as he adjusts to the NFL,  especially with three established veterans ahead of him. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

DB would be even worse in Round 1.   DON'T DO IT BEANE!!!!!  I BEG YOU 😂

If Thomas is there I think he is the pick. If he is gone...

If Turner, Latu, Verse, Newton, or Murphy are there, I think they would sprint to the podium. Maybe Chop as well. 

If those guys are gone, and Thomas is gone, I think if Arnold, Mitchell, or DeJean are there he is going to definitely think long and hard about it. 

I think they would consider all of those guys over the next tier of WRs. But I still think Thomas is the pick regardless of who is there. JMO. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I actually don't have an issue with drafting Latu at 28 (I would not trade up for him given the injury issue) and yes,  he's probably better than the usual projects at DE in the late 1st.  Still,  I would be concerned that he spends most or all of the season mired as the 4th DE on the roster as he adjusts to the NFL,  especially with three established veterans ahead of him. 

One of those vets is Von Miller. Last seen about as mobile as a broken down tractor. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If Thomas is there I think he is the pick. If he is gone...

If Turner, Latu, Verse Newton, or Murphy are there, I think they would sprint to the podium. Maybe Chop as well. 

If those guys are gone, and Thomas is gone, I think if Arnold, Mitchell, or DeJean are there he is going to definitely think long and hard about it. 

I think they would consider all of those guys over the next tier of WRs. But I still think Thomas is the pick regardless of who is there. JMO. 

What about the OTs? If they'd consider a corner there would they not consider someone like a Mims? Maybe even a Guyton?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

One of those vets is Von Miller. Last seen about as mobile as a broken down tractor. 

True,  but we both know the Bills are going to give him every opportunity to prove he can still play this year,  whether he actually can or not.  

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I see Von, who might be finished. AJ, who’s never put it all together. And Rousseau, a legit starting edge.

Edge is worse or equal to WR. Both are important positions. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, that compensation isn't happening. I'm not sure what chart you're looking at, but a 2nd in 2025 isn't getting you 8 spots in the 1st, 9 spots in the 2nd, and a 3rd Round pick. That's not even possible in Madden. 

Maybe not, but no package of picks from this year will. I'm just keeping in mind there are multiple teams with 2 in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd.

Right now we may probably get starters at 28 and 60 but after that?

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What about the OTs? If they'd consider a corner there would they not consider someone like a Mims? Maybe even a Guyton?

I think it is possible, but they just have not shown an affinity for drafting that position high, whereas they have gone after the defense quite a bit. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I see Von, who might be finished. AJ, who’s never put it all together. And Rousseau, a legit starting edge.

Edge is worse or equal to WR. 

Not to mention Von's probably 3rd down only.

Von Miller is the main question mark,  but I think they probably would have found a way to unload him with the rest if they thought it was hopeless. Regardless,  the fact is that he's still on the roster and even after the pay cut,  he's eating up a fair amount of cap space.  For better or worse,  he's likely to play plenty of snaps this year.  

Considering what they're paying Epenesa,  I think they're pretty happy with him as the #3.  

Von Miller is the main question mark,  but I think they probably would have found a way to unload him with the rest if they thought it was hopeless. Regardless,  the fact is that he's still on the roster and even after the pay cut,  he's eating up a fair amount of cap space.  For better or worse,  he's likely to play plenty of snaps this year.  

Considering what they're paying Epenesa,  I think they're pretty happy with him as the #3.  

None of those players allow you to pass on a legit 1st round edge player.

You create a board and stick to it. Latu is either on the board or not. If he is on it then he’s top 20 and likely the highest graded player on the board when they pick. The only WR you would draft over Latu is Brian Thomas and the big 3. But it’s a big question mark if Latu will even be on the Bills board due to the medicals.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

None of those players allow you to pass on a legit 1st round edge player.

You create a board and stick to it. Latu is either on the board or not. If he is on it then he’s top 20 and likely the highest graded player on the board when they pick. The only WR you would draft over Latu is Brian Thomas and the big 3. But it’s a big question mark if Latu will even be on the Bills board due to the medicals.

As I said,  I don't have a huge issue with taking Latu at 28.  If he stays healthy,  its a pick that should,  at worst,  pay dividends in two or three years as he develops and as DE roster turns over.  For this year?  As a rookie,  I can see a higher than normal risk that he ends up as a depth guy who plays 10 plays a game and finishes the year with 15 tackles and 2.5 sacks. 

Edited by Brandon

As I said,  I don't have a huge issue with taking Latu at 28.  If he stays healthy,  its a pick that should,  at worst,  pay dividends in two or three years as he develops and as DE roster turns over.  For this year?  As a rookie,  I can see a higher than normal risk that he ends up as a depth guy who plays 10 plays a game and finishes the year with 15 tackles and 2.5 sacks. 

What are you talking about? As he develops? He’s a better prospect than 99% of the WRs talked about.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What are you talking about? As he develops? He’s a better prospect than 99% of the WRs talked about.

Well, like any player,  I'd hope that he improves his game and is a better player two or three seasons down the road than he is as a rookie.

Again,  I'm not against drafting him at 28 and yes,  I would take him ahead of some of the WRs being discussed as 1st round picks on longer term potential.  But in terms of this upcoming season,  I think there's a higher risk that the immediate results are likely to be underwhelming.

I think pass rush end is a bit overrated. I prefer DE set the edge and the rush come up the middle in the QB's face. I'd rather keep guys like Mahomes in the pocket. While pass rush is a need I don't think it's as drastic as WR

10 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I think pass rush end is a bit overrated. I prefer DE set the edge and the rush come up the middle in the QB's face. I'd rather keep guys like Mahomes in the pocket. While pass rush is a need I don't think it's as drastic as WR

It's not true in all cases,  but most QBs have bigger issues with pass rush right up the middle than off the edge.  On one hand,  there's a little more opportunity this year on the Bills roster for a rookie DT than at DE.  The trouble is finding a true elite pass rushing DT. 

I wouldn't pick one at 28,  but at 60? Sure,  if they've addressed WR. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I would have agreed on EDGE/WR being equal, but prior to Diggs trade.

We just lost 240 targets, between our WR1 and WR2.  I think drafting a RD1 WR has been long overdue, most will agree.  Someone who can take on 80 or so targets.  Rest of targets will get spread amongst Samuel/Kincaid/Shakir and most likely a 2nd WR drafted in the 4th or 5th.

At Edge, I see us addressing 4th round+ and also targeting a FA post June 1.  Similar to Floyd LY, but not holding out hopes for as much impact (at least a vet rusher to rotate).  For better/worse, Von is penciled in as a starter/rotational rusher (teaming with AJE).  With a late pick and another FA addition, I think we can be good enough up front (similar to LY).  

DT is where we need to start getting better push/interior pressure.

I see us going:

Rd1: Mitchell or Worthy

Rd2: Nubin or Kinchens

Rd3 (trade next years 2nd from Minny, to get into top 10 of this years 3rd round): Maason or Ruke

Rd4: DE and RB/WR

Rd5+: WR/RB, CB, OL

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I would have agreed on EDGE/WR being equal, but prior to Diggs trade.

We just lost 240 targets, between our WR1 and WR2.  I think drafting a RD1 WR has been long overdue, most will agree.  Someone who can take on 80 or so targets.  Rest of targets will get spread amongst Samuel/Kincaid/Shakir and most likely a 2nd WR drafted in the 4th or 5th.

At Edge, I see us addressing 4th round+ and also targeting a FA post June 1.  Similar to Floyd LY, but not holding out hopes for as much impact (at least a vet rusher to rotate).  For better/worse, Von is penciled in as a starter/rotational rusher (teaming with AJE).  With a late pick and another FA addition, I think we can be good enough up front (similar to LY).  

DT is where we need to start getting better push/interior pressure.

I see us going:

Rd1: Mitchell or Worthy

Rd2: Nubin or Kinchens

Rd3 (trade next years 2nd from Minny, to get into top 10 of this years 3rd round): Maason or Ruke

Rd4: DE and RB/WR

Rd5+: WR/RB, CB, OL

This is not how you draft. Trading Diggs doesn’t mean you take a worse player.

If a 1st round player drops to 28 then you take him.

The Bills will probably have around 20 1st round players in this draft. If one falls to 28 it’s an easy pick. If none fall then they probably take the top WR remaining on their board. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Bills will probably have around 20 1st round players in this draft. If one falls to 28 it’s an easy pick. If none fall then they probably take the top WR remaining on their board. 

I'm not debating how you draft, you just changed the topic.

You stated that Edge is a greater need than WR.  I was trying to convey my opinion as to why it isn't.  Then I added what I hope to see happen in the draft.

Two separate topics, but DE is not a greater need than WR

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I'm not debating how you draft, you just changed the topic.

You stated that Edge is a greater need than WR.  I was trying to convey my opinion as to why it isn't.  Then I added what I hope to see happen in the draft.

Two separate topics, but DE is not a greater need than WR

Again, we don’t have 2 starting edge players. We don’t have 2 starting outside WRs.

Need isn’t a question here. We need both, but we can’t draft both at 28.

• Like (+1) 1

Again, we don’t have 2 starting edge players. We don’t have 2 starting outside WRs.

Need isn’t a question here. We need both, but we can’t draft both at 28.

I beg to differ about Edge.  Like I mentioned, for better or worse, we're likely to roll with Groot and a combo of Von/AJE ( and potential FA signing post June 1st).  We're counting on Von to get close to his old form and for AJE to be more consistent.

Next year, Edge will be the biggest need once Von is cut.

As for WR, we "might" have 1 outside WR in Samuel.  Bigger than that, we don't have any downfield threats. 

We have a starting DL to roll out, we can't say the same about WR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I actually was just told the Bills have had MULTIPLE Zoom meetings with Roman Wilson, so he is one to keep an eye on. He could potentially be a 2nd round target with a small trade up.

• Like (+1) 4

49 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I beg to differ about Edge.  Like I mentioned, for better or worse, we're likely to roll with Groot and a combo of Von/AJE ( and potential FA signing post June 1st).  We're counting on Von to get close to his old form and for AJE to be more consistent.

Next year, Edge will be the biggest need once Von is cut.

As for WR, we "might" have 1 outside WR in Samuel.  Bigger than that, we don't have any downfield threats. 

We have a starting DL to roll out, we can't say the same about WR

You really want to count on Miller?  He *might* be better this year, but I wouldn’t count on that.  Really, that can sink their season as easily as wr can.

On 3/31/2024 at 8:04 PM, nosejob said:

Trade a 4th to Tb for 26 or even 4th and whatever to Jerry for 24. Get Latu

Trade next years 1st for a 2nd and 3rd this year, get Sweat 2 WRs and Maason Smith

Tell me you're a doctor working for the Bills without telling me you're a doctor working for the Bills.

5 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

You really want to count on Miller?  He *might* be better this year, but I wouldn’t count on that.  Really, that can sink their season as easily as wr can.

I think Von will be a solid 8-10 sack guy this year.  Came back way early from his torn ACL, year 2 is always the "get close" to form year.  Even at his age, he has 1-2 productive years left in this league.

He's highly motivated/hard worker naturally, but also has alot of incentives riding on this year.  

JMO.  But I'm also hoping Beane uses the post June 1 Tre $$$s on a FA DE.  Someone who can be insurance/allow Groot to slide inside on passing downs again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

JMO.  But I'm also hoping Beane uses the post June 1 Tre $$$s on a FA DE.  Someone who can be insurance/allow Groot to slide inside on passing downs again.

Haven't you heard? That's like 1/3 of the money we need to sign Aiyuk after we trade for him. :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I think Von will be a solid 8-10 sack guy this year.  Came back way early from his torn ACL, year 2 is always the "get close" to form year.  Even at his age, he has 1-2 productive years left in this league.

He's highly motivated/hard worker naturally, but also has alot of incentives riding on this year.  

I think the cap savings from Tre are needed for signing the rookies.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

2nd-3rd.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

2nd-3rd.

I agree with you.  One of the linked posts said late first/early 2nd.  It was Garafolo’s post.

Edited by OldTimer1960

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think if all 20 are gone, he trades back.

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think the cap savings from Tre are needed for signing the rookies.

Not true.

By the time rookie salary replaces existing player in top 51, we'd only be adding approx $2.5-3.0m.  That's a ballpark estimate, but it won't be much higher than that. We already have that in available cap room.

We will need some the Tre money for Practice Squad/signings throughout the year onto roster.

But we should effectively have $5m or so to spend in FA, post June 1st.  They could easily sign a 1yr deal with added voided years to fit a "Leonard Floyd" type for that.  Just like LY.

• Agree 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Not true.

By the time rookie salary replaces existing player in top 51, we'd only be adding approx $2.5-3.0m.  That's a ballpark estimate, but it won't be much higher than that. We already have that in available cap room.

We will need some the Tre money for Practice Squad/signings throughout the year onto roster.

But we should effectively have $5m or so to spend in FA, post June 1st.  They could easily sign a 1yr deal with added voided years to fit a "Leonard Floyd" type for that.  Just like LY.

I wouldn’t be relying on finding a post June 1 Leonard Floyd signing again … you can sign a guy but does mean it will work out as well as Floyd did ..

DE is a very much a need … given the scheme rotation requirements and the question mark over Miller … Maybe not quite as big as WR … 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Not true.

Come on over Michael Thomas, reunite with Brady and Curry.

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

I wouldn’t be relying on finding a post June 1 Leonard Floyd signing again … you can sign a guy but does mean it will work out as well as Floyd did ..

DE is a very much a need … given the scheme rotation requirements and the question mark over Miller … Maybe not quite as big as WR … 

DT, S and CB are all spots that could be talked about on Day 1 or Day 2. As depth on each of them is questionable.