Poyer to Miami

5 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

I think Poyer knows Allen more than Allen Poyer and knows weaknesses in offense.

I am expecting interceptions by Poyer if he is in shape tp play.

I look forward to watching the ball zip by poyer faster than he can close 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is less than what we're paying Taylor Rapp this year... I really don't understand why Beane rushed to re-sign a depth safety. In a very team-friendly market we could have afforded to wait.

Watch how Poyer goes next year … this could be an overpay by Week 6…

Also … Rapp is S1 at the  moment 

Edited by Aussie Joe

39 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Did it for his controlling wife. I don't blame him.

Yeah, it’s super weird that him and his wife had a discussion about where he was going to play next….like literally every other married player in the league. Obviously we have never heard of a player at the end of his career sign with the team in the city he lives in 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is less than what we're paying Taylor Rapp this year... I really don't understand why Beane rushed to re-sign a depth safety. In a very team-friendly market we could have afforded to wait.

Because Rapp isn’t a depth safety. He’s a starting caliber safety.

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not really a fair comparison as Poyer is obviously taking a discount to play where he lives.

Discount? I doubt that. One thing about Poyer is he doesn't leave money on the table. 

This is backup money for a fading vet with a looooong history of injuries. At that rate it's not even a guarantee he makes the final roster.

Jordan Poyer did the Thurman Thomas and like Thomas Poyer is on the down side of his long NFL career. Stuff like this is why the Miami Dolphins aren’t winning anything in the AFC East signing washed up NFL players. As a Buffalo Bills fan I am not really concerned or surprised Poyer went to the Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins make signings like that players in the twilight of their NFL career 2 years too late on Poyer in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

46 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

I think Poyer knows Allen more than Allen Poyer and knows weaknesses in offense.

I am expecting interceptions by Poyer if he is in shape tp play.

You're the funniest poster on this forum. Crack me up.

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Yea, he’s a guy that can make a few plays but at this point also a guy that a DC can target 

hes slowed down dramatically 

and I get he has to work somewhere but given his history with alcohol, south beach would worry me more than some destinations 

Perhaps , but then again great for his golf game. Still , as a Bills fan I hate seeing a player I like suiting up for that team.

4 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Shocking. Didn’t he say he wanted to play for them while he was still under contract?

He's from South Florida, no surprise he would want to go home.

4 hours ago, CaliBills said:

He just wants to get setup in Miami to retire in that area because that is where his ole lady wanted to be.

Get set up? Because that is where she wanted to be? That is where they have both lived for years. Fairly certain his family just came up on game day and we’re not here 24/7 September-December.

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Good for him getting a little something before his career is over.  It's not a business just from the organizational stance but from a players as well.

Yup.  Draw that paycheck as long as you can. Another few million goes a long way…

• Agree 1

Good for him that he gets to land somewhere if he wanted to keep playing.  We know by watching him over the last couple years that, while he plays with heart, he just can't run anymore.  He plays through it, but he gets banged up easier as well.  It's going to be tough seeing him wear those ugly threads, but he's not a safety anyone fears or has to gameplan for anymore.  Hope he stays healthy and wins about 5 games this season.

30 minutes ago, Malazan said:

You're the funniest poster on this forum. Crack me up.

Used to be a specialty bartender when in college.  I was a "mixalcholic" whose job was to mix drinks for any drink not mixed in large batches at club.

I got myself a recipe book which had drink instructions on a page and opposite page I wrote a joke which I would tell buyer which tended to have people come back with a different drink order.

• Haha (+1) 1

So many dissing poyer as old and done, but maybe his real gift to the phins is his knowledge of the Bills.  

Aside - for all the haters - see Thurman Thomas.   

Edit - story back then has it that Thurman shared with the phins that year to put cayenne powder in yer socks to chemical burn and keep toes warm.  I've never tried this and not sure if a good idea or even a true story but it stuck in my memory from that season. 

Edited by sleeby

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Yea, he’s a guy that can make a few plays but at this point also a guy that a DC can target 

hes slowed down dramatically 

and I get he has to work somewhere but given his history with alcohol, south beach would worry me more than some destinations 

More than Buffalo, nothing at all to do all winter long except drink till 4am, NY?