Giants sign Devon Singletary to 3 year, $16.5M deal

Einstein

1 minute ago, Dillenger4 said:

He actually had a pretty decent year last season. The NY Bills

Getting paid is getting paid, but going from the Bills to the Texans then when the Texans start looking like they do now to go to the Giants...that's rough.

• Agree 2

53 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Good for Devin, seems a bit high but when you lose Barkley best to over pay for his replacement to look like you're trying.

And when your job is on the line as Daboll's is this season, you're pushing to use all that cap space available.  

Because there might not be a next season. 

I'm happy for him landing a nice contract, but it's too bad he has to depart a team that's very much on the rise, and suit up for one that is very much not. I don't know the Texans' cap situation, but maybe they could have kept him around for that kind of money. Now they got nothing at RB. 

20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That is a super dumb contract for the Giants. 

Didn't watch him enough last year to know yay or nay how he looked.... Having said that.  Feels like you're paying a 3-down wage (not superstar 3 down, but someone like a David Montgomery) to more of a 2-down player. 

0 time 1000 yard rusher, going into his 6th season.  High mileage during his college career. 

Career low yards per attempt in 2024 with a career high in attempts.  Nothing special really as a receiver out of the backfield.  He has some really good shiftiness in the mold of a kamara, so there always was 3 down potential.  Never impressed me as a blocker either, as he ended up losing a lot of those snaps to moss.  But he had also had a LOT of drops here.  And not the corner of the endzone james cook drops.  I mean swing passes, screens, etc.  He didn't have as many last season, but it was also a career low in targets.  

• Agree 1