Legal Tampering News (lets try to keep it all in one thread) - Begins today at 3/11 Noon

MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Poyer is no longer an all pro as he was at his peak, sure. But even now he can play. He was still above average last year. And Rapp was not. 

rapps ceiling is still potentially higher than poyers floor. but poyers floor is much higher than rapps floor. all things being equal poyer plays better than rapp. with good scheming it wouldn't have mattered to keep poyer

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Neal was horrible in coverage in most times he asked to play on defense. 

we know what neal has and does vs. the unknown. neal's floor is no worse or better than rapps'

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Id bring him back and let Rapp walk. There is no world in which Rapp is better even now than Poyer. Not. Even. Close.

I thought Rapp was showing signs of growth at the end of the season looking for the ball more.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

Oh My God!!!

does our FA period suck!!!!!

They actually did pretty well in terms of keeping guys they needed to keep. Depth is pretty weak right now. I think they still need a decent depth DT and obviously a starting safety. Those are the big moves left money wise. Maybe an edge. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They actually did pretty well in terms of keeping guys they needed to keep. Depth is pretty weak right now. I think they still need a decent depth DT and obviously a starting safety. Those are the big moves left money wise. Maybe an edge. 

We can’t even afford the edge of a bologna sandwich.

• Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Agree with this. DaQuon and AJ coming back are at least shoring up the defense for now. We have our RB2/3 re-signed as of today, we could still potentially make a few more signing or maybe one bigger signing (with an extension or restructure) to call it a day. We had to shed some bloated contracts unfortunately, and many of whom are well liked or good players on the downside of their career.

Positions of need as far as FA goes is Safety, DT, Edge, and maybe WR in that order. The draft is where we will be getting set for the future. Younger, faster, and at lower cost. 

If we can find some pennies in the couch we should be adding Armstead and a veteran Safety and be done. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

People keep saying this but I didn't see it.

Poyer was still playing 100% of the snaps down the stretch and in playoffs. Yet now the story is he was shot and Rapp is better. Ok. Our coaches must be incompetent to play Poyer over Rapp all season if that is the case. Its been said 100 times that its ok to let Poyer walk and move on from him. But to say having Rapp now is an upgrade is just fooling yourself to drink the kool aid that this is somehow a positive. The hope should be that Rapp plays the same role as a role player not a starter. And at $2M for 1 year that would have been a deal most would have sold as a positive having Poyer for one more year. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Agree moving on. But at that price I bring him back as an insurance policy and let Lewis walk. 

At that price he simply just might’ve wanted to go to Miami. Still, we paid more for a worse player and that’s not good. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

At that price he simply just might’ve wanted to go to Miami. Still, we paid more for a worse player and that’s not good. 

Agree with both. Hopefully Poyer is taking the move to Miami as a lifestyle move and checks out most of the season. 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

People keep saying this but I didn't see it.

He stopped injuring our own guys as much. Which, while half a joke, is also true and important.

He single-handedly ended the Dolphins game week 18 in back to back plays during their final drive, which could have tied/won the game. Crushing Hill with a knock out blow and breaking up the pass, and then intercepting Tua on the next play.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I have a feeling FS will be this year’s MLB.

It's the least of our concerns...there are still about a dozen or more starting safeties available on the F/A market and they won't cost much...

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

He stopped injuring our own guys as much. Which, while half a joke, is also true and important.

He single-handedly ended the Dolphins game week 18 in back to back plays during their final drive, which could have tied/won the game. Crushing Hill with a knock out blow and breaking up the pass, and then intercepting Tua on the next play.

Yea he made a couple of plays at the end of the Miami game, agreed. I think people are rather extrapolating from that.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Id bring him back and let Rapp walk. There is no world in which Rapp is better even now than Poyer. Not. Even. Close.

The world that McDermott and Babich live in think otherwise ..

They are not cutting Rapp after just giving him $4m..

Might be time for Stage 5 - Acceptance 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

The world that McDermott and Babich live in think otherwise ..

They are not cutting Rapp after just giving him $4m..

Might be time for Stage 5 - Acceptance 

I accept it. I just disagree with it.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I accept it. I just disagree with it.

Some on these boards do not allow disagreeing with any of the perfect genius that is the Bills coaches and front office. They are always right and you are always wrong. Accept that...

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he made a couple of plays at the end of the Miami game, agreed. I think people are rather extrapolating from that.

And he still only played 13 snaps in that game. Made the most of it, but was still viewed as backup role guy that can fill in at times. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Agree with both. Hopefully Poyer is taking the move to Miami as a lifestyle move and checks out most of the season. 

Players have been known to sign with the Dolphins to semi-retire in Miami. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not true. There’s things called void years and all that good stuff. Floyd has a $2 million dollar cap hit last year.

it’s amazing that people can’t grasp this. We CAN structure a contract to make it work. Chris Jones has a cap hit of 7 million this year… 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

it’s amazing that people can’t grasp this. We CAN structure a contract to make it work. Chris Jones has a cap hit of 7 million this year… 

Yes. Thats why future cap is actually the more important number to look at. It’s also why I was shocked they didn’t restructure the max they could with Allen. Future cap looks good.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yes. Thats why future cap is actually the more important number to look at. It’s also why I was shocked they didn’t restructure the max they could with Allen. Future cap looks good.

To me that is the concern. The fact they didnt max out the Allen rertrux. Plus, limited extensions or restrux on other guys. Not a single impact free agent signing. Either they are taking a year to reset (I hope they dont think this is a good move when you have Allen), dont have resources available to them, or dont think they need to do anything. The level of activity focused only on bring back guys that likely had very little interest from other teams to have a stable core of depth guys is odd. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’d like to remind everyone that there is an absolute ton of starting quality talent out there still. 

Which is all those "complaining" are asking the Bills to pursue. But so many want to defend the lack of activity with we dont need anyone else. The guys we lost sucked and will be easily replaced by the back ups already on the roster or our once in a generation draft that produces 6 hall of fame level immediate starters. 

6 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Which is all those "complaining" are asking the Bills to pursue. But so many want to defend the lack of activity with we dont need anyone else. The guys we lost sucked and will be easily replaced by the back ups already on the roster or our once in a generation draft that produces 6 hall of fame level immediate starters. 

I don’t think they’ve even announced the signings of Hollins and Morrow yet.

We, the fans, don’t know who they are talking to, but because it’s quiet doesn’t mean they are sitting on their hands 😊

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

The legend of Nathan Peterman continues:

I feel like Nate, after learning how 17 different offenses work, is going to have a random season when he’s 39 where he throws 5000 yards, 48 TDs, 4 picks, and wins MVP/CPOTY.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1