Successful/Famous TV series that you have never watched

Special K

In my Curb Your Enthusiasm thread, I received a response from one of our esteemed posters that he had never seen an episode of the show.

That inspired me to start a topic asking what famous or popular TV series have you never watched??

Here are a few of mine:

Game of Thrones

The West Wing

Will and Grace

Honorable Mention: I didn't watch Breaking Bad until after the series was complete(watched it on Netflix).

What are some of yours??

now I'm female so this makes this choice maybe a bit surprising. But I have  never not once looked at an episode  of the Kardashians.  The family some consider American royalty. Yes  all successful women in their own rights. It's the saturation social media overkill EVERY relationship, EVERY couture moment. I saw enough on my feeds to say BASTA enough already.  I don't  care about your glamorous life, who you are sleeping with your mansions, none of it.

Other than that I don't watch much network television. 

I have never watched an episode of  "The Crown". I read it was very good and popular. I just never have gotten there. Yet. 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

now I'm female so this makes this choice maybe a bit surprising. But I have  never not once looked at an episode  of the Kardashians.  The family some consider American royalty. Yes  all successful women in their own rights. It's the saturation social media overkill EVERY relationship, EVERY couture moment. I saw enough on my feeds to say BASTA enough already.  I don't  care about your glamorous life, who you are sleeping with your mansions, none of it.

I have never watched an episode of  "The Queen". I read it was very good and popular. I just never have gotten there. Yet. 

What is sad is that some peeps could name every Kardashian and all their significant others, yet  ask the same person to do a simple math problem

like  3 X 3 X 3   and they are stumped.

I ,too  have never watched 10 seconds of Kardashians.

To me a Kardashian is one of the bad guys on Star Trek Next Generation or Deep Space Nine

Edited by LewPort71

I didn’t even know the Kardashians had a program. Now that I know, I will continue to avoid them at all costs. I thought they just polluted the checkout line at the grocery store. I don’t get being famous for being famous. What is your contribution? 

I knew Curb You Enthusiasm was a show, but I’ve never seen even a minute of it. I’ve never watched Breaking Bad, and I heard a LOT about The Sopranos without ever seeing any of it. Is Danny Devito in It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia?  I enjoy him, but I’ve never seen the show. 

On a related note, how is it that Colin Cowherd has never seen Remember The Titans? That feels like a job requirement. 

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, muppy said:

I have never watched an episode of  "The Crown". I read it was very good and popular. I just never have gotten there. Yet. 

By the same token I’m from New Jersey and only recently finished the Sopranos.  I am still not motivated to watch Jersey Shore.  

Sopranos.

And I never watched breaking bad until 2-3 yrs after it was over. I watched the first two episodes thinking it would be the most amazing show then never stick with it.

Easy: Big Bang Theory.

I turned it on once and couldn't get past the incessant laugh track. I changed channels within seconds. I wonder if I would have liked it without the laugh track.

How many TV shows has the laugh track ruined? I know Seinfeld experimented with it for a couple episodes, then canned it.

• Agree 1

These are from a few years back, but I never saw Lost or 24– when it seemed like everyone I knew was watching those.

Also, have never seen Breaking Bad (saw the first episode but couldn’t get into it). 

I would also like to meet someone who actually watches these so-called No. 1 TV shows, like CSI or NCIS. I have never seen those either. 

On 3/10/2024 at 1:35 PM, boater said:

Easy: Big Bang Theory.

I turned it on once and couldn't get past the incessant laugh track. I changed channels within seconds. I wonder if I would have liked it without the laugh track.

How many TV shows has the laugh track ruined? I know Seinfeld experimented with it for a couple episodes, then canned it.

Actually BBT recorded in front of a live studio audience and had no laugh track.

Edited by The Jokeman

14 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Actually BBT recorded in front of aivr studio audience and had no laugh track.

I'm surprised to hear that. I'm not so sure. I just took a quick listen on Youtube and it seems like laugh track.

Maybe it's the way that the audio engineers handle the laughter. It seems artificial.

7 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

How I Met Your Mother

Big Bang Theory

Friends*

*I watched a few episodes over the years because I was trying to get with various girls.  Its a wretched show.

Did't watch much How I Met Your Mother but the "Two Beaves are Better Than One" episode was hilarious.