Jerry Jeudy Traded to Browns

Just now, Steptide said:

Not speaking of draft picks in particular, just signing re treads. Harty, sherfield, sanders, John brown (to some extent). Let's draft some good receivers. I'm not opposed to getting a guy in free agency or via trade, but I want a guy who can have an immediate impact. Sign a guy like D-Hop and I'll be excited. He can come in and immediately make a difference in the offense 

Draft some and bring in some that proved they can play at the NFL level.

Trent Sherfield never did. Neither did Harty. DJ is not the same as those dudes and neither was John Brown.

To put John Brown, who signed a modest FA WR contract, and put up solid numbers as a #1 WR, in the same category of Trent Sherfield, who signed a near vet minimum deal, and had a career receiving total of like 800 yards over 5 seasons, just demonstrates a lack of understanding WR talent and their impact.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah I do. Are we considering that some kind of vast mistake lol.

he was traded for a 7th. Our last 7th rounder didn’t even make the team.

He may have not made our team but he did well in New England. CB Alexis Austin played 211 defensive snaps in five appearances with the Patriots. He had nine tackles, an interception and two passes defensed.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He may have not made our team but he did well in New England. CB Alexis Austin played 211 defensive snaps in five appearances with the Patriots. He had nine tackles, an interception and two passes defensed.

That’s awesome, but it wasn’t for the team that drafted him, so we could’ve just lit that pick on fire or drafted Scooby-doo for all the good it did for us

43 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Browns are so interesting to me. They have a ton of talent and the worst contract in history. Does Watson stink now? Will he ever be the guy that he was 5 years ago? If he’s 80% of that guy, they’re a Super Bowl favorite. 

TBH going into the playoffs I feared them more than I feared KC. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stuvian said:

TBH going into the playoffs I feared them more than I feared KC. 

Same.

They were really banged up with injuries (like the Bills). Never saw a team with 3rd & 4th string starting OTs make the playoffs, especially after losing a stud RB in Chubb and the predator at QB. 

1 minute ago, DrBob806 said:

Same.

They were really banged up with injuries (like the Bills). Never saw a team with 3rd & 4th string starting OTs make the playoffs, especially after losing a stud RB in Chubb and the predator at QB. 

when they went into Baltimore and beat the Ravens with a backup QB I thought it was on

• Like (+1) 1

Thank god the “trade for Jeudy” stuff can stop.  Why anyone wanted to trade for a WR with lazy routes, bad hands, weak mental game, and doesn’t block was beyond me.  

Classic case of people still living in the past off his pre-draft hype and not accepting he didn’t live up to it in the NFL and is nothing more than a mediocre WR.

I was also 100% confident there was 0% chance Beane would foolishly trade for this guy.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Draft some and bring in some that proved they can play at the NFL level.

Trent Sherfield never did. Neither did Harty. DJ is not the same as those dudes and neither was John Brown.

To put John Brown, who signed a modest FA WR contract, and put up solid numbers as a #1 WR, in the same category of Trent Sherfield, who signed a near vet minimum deal, and had a career receiving total of like 800 yards over 5 seasons, just demonstrates a lack of understanding WR talent and their impact.

Brown was a good bridge #1 wr. That's why I lumped him in with the others and said "to some extent". The point was, the bills seem to do this every year to a degree, and at the end of the day, we always seem to need wr help. It doesn't help that the bills have never drafted a wr in the 1st since beane and McDermott took over. I think we're essentially arguing the same thing, I just want the bills to think outside the box this year 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

They are hilarious. 

If the Falcons had won the bidding for Watson, he is probably an All-Pro and they have a NFCCG appearance at least. Just to salt the Browns’ fans wounds.

But because the Browns’ won the bidding, Watson inexplicably just stopped being a good-to-great QB, and is now the worst QB-contract in football.

Thats the power of the Browns. No matter what happens, it’s gonna to maximize their pain.

I think Watson is in Operation Quiet Quit.  Just sit back, go through the motions and collect the checks with the "let's not get ourselves killed out there!" mentality.  I doubt he will ever play a full season for the Browns simply because he has no desire to do so.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah I do. Are we considering that some kind of vast mistake lol.

he was traded for a 7th. Our last 7th rounder didn’t even make the team.

I agree that Jeudy and Coleman aren't even comps........Jeudy has been a good NFL WR.

But it was one of Beane's dumber moves.   Cost them $5M for a 10 day training camp tryout as I recall.

The people who think the Bills are in a cap dilemma because of Covid are just bad at math........the cap is the same for everyone.  They enter offseason now with the greatest or near-greatest cap deficit because of horrible financial decisions(like Coleman) in Beane's first couple years on the job.    Those mistakes compounded quickly and fixing them cost even more.   Be nice to have that $100M+ he wasted on garbage back.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Not speaking of draft picks in particular, just signing re treads. Harty, sherfield, sanders, John brown (to some extent). Let's draft some good receivers. I'm not opposed to getting a guy in free agency or via trade, but I want a guy who can have an immediate impact. Sign a guy like D-Hop and I'll be excited. He can come in and immediately make a difference in the offense 

Brown and Sanders were solid players for us. Harty and Sherfield were terrible. No argument there.

I would be perfectly fine if they drafted two WR if they had gotten a 3rd round comp pick. 

Now I say veteran WR and first round WR.

Veteran safety and rookie Edge and DT. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Interesting. He's been very underwhelming since he was drafted. Never had a 1,000 yard season. 

He's been more productive than Gabe Davis and will cost less this season.   He's a good number 2.  The downfall is its a one year deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

Watson is so incredibly bad. He has played two halfs of decent football. Other than that he has been absolute garbage. 

I can think of only one other QB that missed as much time as he has and came back to be decent. That was Vick after prison not coming off iniury and he had Andy Reid. 

These Browns fans are still clamoring for Flacco to come back. They think he was actually good

He had the highest int rate in the NFL last year. He single handedly lost the playoff game for them. 

16 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I think Watson is in Operation Quiet Quit.  Just sit back, go through the motions and collect the checks with the "let's not get ourselves killed out there!" mentality.  I doubt he will ever play a full season for the Browns simply because he has no desire to do so.

100% agree. All he has to do is avoid getting suspended and he gets paid.