Jerry Jeudy Traded to Browns

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Sounds like Cleveland is taking his entire cap hit on, so this wouldn't have been feasible for us. Stay the course. Sign one of the 2nd or 3rd tier WRs and draft two more by the end of R4.

Looks like it. Almost $13M for his 5th year option salary. That’s why he was so cheap. I do think the Bills could handle that for a player they want though. 

1 hour ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

5th & 6th for Sutton I hope Beane hammers that

He’s more expensive than Jeudy though. His salary this season is $13.6M and $14M next so they Bills would have to really want him. I don’t love him as a player for the Bills. He’s a lot like Gabe Davis. He may get cut though, so there’s that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I think Watson is in Operation Quiet Quit.  Just sit back, go through the motions and collect the checks with the "let's not get ourselves killed out there!" mentality.  I doubt he will ever play a full season for the Browns simply because he has no desire to do so.

I see this type of thing posted here a fair bit and it makes no sense to me. He’s been there two seasons and was suspended for almost all of the first. Then he broke his throwing shoulder last season while playing through an ankle injury. I get why people don’t like the guy, but not why they make stuff up about him. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Looks like it. Almost $13M for his 5th year option salary. That’s why he was so cheap. I do think the Bills could handle that for a player they want though. 

He’s more expensive than Jeudy though. His salary this season is $13.6M and $14M next so they Bills would have to really want him. I don’t love him as a player for the Bills. He’s a lot like Gabe Davis. He may get cut though, so there’s that. 

Courtland Sutton is nothing like Gabe Davis imo

He's a legit NFL target w a much more polished skillset

• Agree 1

There was a time that I wanted the Bills to trade for Jeudy.

The acquisition of Kincaid and the emergence of Shakir and the emergence of the Bills' inability to generate explosive plays changed that.

I would now view Jeudy's skillset and what he provides to an offense as being redundant on our team. He doesn't provide what the Bills need to add to their receiving corps. He'd just be adding another short and intermediate threat who doesn't scare defenses deep. What the Bills NEED is someone who DOES threaten defenses deep, so that Diggs, Kincaid, and Shakir can eat underneath. Jeudy isn't that.

All of that said, I always liked him as a player and still think it's possible he becomes a 1,000 yard guy now that he's in a (presumably) better offense.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Interesting. He's been very underwhelming since he was drafted. Never had a 1,000 yard season. 

Well if he only had an actual QB throwing him the ball during his entire time in Denver?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Courtland Sutton is nothing like Gabe Davis imo

He's a legit NFL target w a much more polished skillset

I think Sutton is a much better version of the kind of WT Gabe is. He certainly has much better hands. Neither are good at quickly separating though - and that was the issue here with Gabe. If you need an X WR to threaten the sideline, then you can do a lot worse than Sutton, though he is not a burner (again, similar to Gabe on that). I just don’t see him as a great fit if we are going to stick with quicker hitting routes though.

I'm sure they'll do some restructuring and whatnot, but this trade puts Cleveland almost $5M over the cap. They are basically running it back, but with Jerry Jeudy and the molester under Center. 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm sure they'll do some restructuring and whatnot, but this trade puts Cleveland almost $5M over the cap. They are basically running it back, but with Jerry Jeudy and the molester under Center. 

The Browns can easily create a great deal of cap space. That’s a non-issue for them.

The Browns have an excellent coaching staff and playoff-caliber defense. I like this acquisition of Judy to make their offense more formidable. Would be fun to have a Lake Erie AFC Championship game next season.

• Like (+1) 1

He lacks toughness and shows he’s afraid to get hit .

It’s the one piece of my WR film evaluation I’ve changed to appreciate more ever since the Jeudy draft where I had him ranked so highly. 

Even Daniel Jeremiah has spoken about it recently in how he evaluates 

Edited by DJB

8 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

He’s not that good. Bad attitude problem too. 

Watson's not that good now. Now being the key word.

He was damn good for a couple of years, probably top seven or so.

Going forward, who knows. I loved the guy but I find him hard to root for now.

7 hours ago, Steptide said:

Not speaking of draft picks in particular, just signing re treads. Harty, sherfield, sanders, John brown (to some extent). Let's draft some good receivers. I'm not opposed to getting a guy in free agency or via trade, but I want a guy who can have an immediate impact. Sign a guy like D-Hop and I'll be excited. He can come in and immediately make a difference in the offense 

Don't have the money for D-Hop to be a smart pickup. 

And Sanders and Brown were good here, though both aged near the end. Brown very good for a couple of years, though the injury really curtailed that second season.

Edited by Thurman#1