Bills Cap Status - Approx $4.25 under cap 4/03/2024 (added roster change summary)

10 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

They still got a number of guys back … and may not be finished yet re-signing people 

Obviously this is the tightest year for Beane to date…and most of the other teams got a late “windfall “  with the increased cap…so there is more money to throw around this year …

Maybe previously loyal guys that have been here a while  like Dodson and Jackson get given a “ depth” number that could be a fallback if they don’t get another gig… but both of them got starter money elsewhere … Maybe Neal just got more money from Miami.. 

No doubt one year only  guys like Sherfield  and Poona Ford only get “good luck “ on their way out the door …

All true.  Seems like they brought back more of the guys with expired contracts more quickly too than in prior years.  Makes me wonder if Beane had more a hard list this year.  These are the guys we want, and told the others more straight up, you're not in our plans so they quickly moved on?? 

The one name out there that fits priors years mold is Hyde.  Does make me wonder a bit if either he told his agent not to shop him as is leaning towards retiring or did the Bills give him a number and he's looking around to see if he can do better elsewhere, if not will be back?  That was more typical of how things went in prior years, a couple weeks after FA started, the player came back and signed.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Don't forget the Bills clear another 10 mill on 6/1 when White is officially released.

I know this was explained but I forget. What's the point of a 6/1 release for White versus 2 weeks ago when it was announced 

1 hour ago, MarkyMannn said:

I know this was explained but I forget. What's the point of a 6/1 release for White versus 2 weeks ago when it was announced 

When you cut a player like White who has multiple years left on his contract..........

Cutting before June 1st means all the dead cap from all the remaining years is applied to this season.

Cutting after June 1st means only this year's dead cap is applied, and the rest goes on to next year's dead cap.

Boils down to Beane having some more money for this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

BREAKING we have a Diggs Tweet LOL 

3/10 not cryptic enough and too positive. I need to panic

4 hours ago, MarkyMannn said:

The bills get a little bit more total this year, and that amount is enough to sign out draft picks and have a bit more left over for in season street free agent acquisitions

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Diggs needs to get his stuff together and look forward to playing well his last season in Buffalo.

He most likely will be auditioning for his next team and new contract in 2025.

Holy crap he spent four seconds tweeting.  At least he still has pants.

10 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Breaking we have Dion Dawkins extension details:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/dion-dawkins-21805/

Saves about §6M this year.

Cap hits:

2024 - $11.5M

2025 - $20M

2026 - $23M

2027 - $23M

+ 2 void years with total dead cap of $4.6M

Wow this is more than I was expecting 

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Wow this is more than I was expecting 

If you are talking about the cap savings  being  more than expected … then I assume this is how they have squeezed in Samuels deal without reworking anyone else …

According to Greg Thomsett yesterday … they are on the cap limit after that .. so they will need to start pulling further levers to get more guys signed …

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

If you are talking about the cap savings  being  more than expected … then I assume this is how they have squeezed in Samuels deal without reworking anyone else …

According to Greg Thomsett yesterday … they are on the cap limit after that .. so they will need to start pulling further levers to get more guys signed …

I was actually referring to the cap hits over the next three years. Its a big chunk of change, but he is a good player and the anchor on the OL. Let’s hope his health and level of production stay steady. At almost 30 with another 4 years pretty much invested in him, he’s out guy. 

I think he’s earned it but was just taken aback a bit by the cap hit distribution.

actually on further review it looks like they could get out of it after 2026 relatively cheap.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/dion-dawkins-21805/

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Bills will regret not doing a full restructure of Josh's contract.  Not sure who made that decision or whether it was due to owner implemented spending constraints, but we are going to need that flexibility.

• Disagree 2

24 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

I think the Bills will regret not doing a full restructure of Josh's contract.  Not sure who made that decision or whether it was due to owner implemented spending constraints, but we are going to need that flexibility.

We’re going to need that flexibility every year.  This allows a little more flexibility down the road. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1