Bills Cap Status - Approx $4.25 under cap 4/03/2024 (added roster change summary)

A lot of beloved players on this list, but the moves seem like the right ones to me. All of these players have high salaries and are either on the way down age wise, or have had major injuries and their future performance is highly questionable. This could be a slight down year, but with the stability of this franchise + Josh Allen, I think we'll still be competitive. Look at the Chiefs, they didn't look "the same" this year, but they won it all.

So for every cut starter there's someone on the roster who can compete for a starter's job:

Poyer - Hamlin (A Box safety)

Morse - McGovern (who will be replace by Edwards)

White - Kair Elam or Douglas 

Tell ya what, I think the Bills will be using those 11 picks. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Just checked,they seem to be keeping up in real time. But...I don't see how the moves today get us from 42 over to just 19 over.  Something has to have happened we haven't heard about yet?

We've saved close to $30M (less Edwards and Haack agreements, likely in the 3m-4m range).

I think they've actually missed a recent cut.  Numbers should be close $15m-16m.

Tre savings will kick in after June 1st

• Agree 1

Maybe I'm crazy to think this but I don't think these cuts move the needle much for me in the terms of Bills win/loss for 24-25.  Maybe you go from 11-6 to 10-7 but even that I think might be a stretch. 

Morse is the only impactful one of the bunch.

• Agree 1

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I don’t think there is anyone else that really has significant cap savings. I suspect we see Allen restructure next and a few resignings. 

I'd extend Dion two-threes more years hopefully at lower than market value. 

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yeah well I dare...no I double dog dare to make more cuts!!! 🤣

Would be a real shame if you double dog dared the league to suspend Von, thus allowing us to cut him at little cost. Would be terrible. 🤥

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

Maybe I'm crazy to think this but I don't think these cuts move the needle much for me in the terms of Bills win/loss for 24-25.  Maybe you go from 11-6 to 10-7 but even that I think might be a stretch. 

Just checking around the internet, the general sentiment is that our window is now officially closed.

I agree w/ you.  Tre hardly played for us the last couple of years.  Hyde & Poyer were kind of starting to hurt us in terms of speed in the secondary.

If Beane nails the draft & we can stay kind of healthy (admittedly, 2 big "ifs), we might even be better heading into '24.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

RE structure Josh and von and we'd be in good shape 

Von has an out that only cost $15 million against the cap if cut him in 2025. I'd rather not touch that term with his status unknown for now.

Edited by The Jokeman

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

I agree with this... and I think Morse's play this last year can be upgraded. While his understanding and ability to lead our OL is impressive, along with his blitz/defense recognition... I thought he seemed to get pushed around a bit last year. But, I may not really know what I am talking about. I think we can do relatively well without Morse in the middle.

• Agree 1