Bills Cap Status - Approx $4.25 under cap 4/03/2024 (added roster change summary)

8 hours ago, njbuff said:

It’s reloading.

The Bills have 20 of the 22 starters set.

It’s all about depth and Beane can usually pull a rabbit or two out of his hat pertaining to that.

Not worried about the Bills in the least until the divisional round. It is at that point where the waters start to get murky.

Unless Allen goes down, the Bills are ALWAYS a contender. The rest of the team has to catch up to him starting in the divisional round though.

That’s great but a majority of those set starters for next year sat behind the guys that got curb stomped yet again by the chiefs. I’m not down on them and will always take Josh vs the world but we are absolutely in the middle of a rebuild. The guys we’re hanging on to are mid level talent at best and these are Josh’s prime years. As much as i hate to say it, Im starting to believe the talking heads suggesting the Super Bowl window for this squad is shut for good but am sincerely hoping to be proven wrong

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Bottom line they draft a hell of a lot better than us.

Not really, according to that post the Chiefs have 9 starters called out drafted since 2021. The bills have 8 and had way fewer high picks than the chiefs due to the Hill trade

kincaid (2023 1st)

Torrence (2023 2nd)

cook (2022 2nd)

Bernard (2022 3rd)

shakir (2022 5th)

benford (2022 6th)

Rousseau (2021 1st)

Brown (2021 3rd)

Besides getting jumped for Mcduffie and having to settle for Elam our drafting is nearly identical 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, khlax3 said:

Not really, according to that post the Chiefs have 9 starters called out drafted since 2021. The bills have 8 and had way fewer high picks than the chiefs due to the Hill trade

kincaid (2023 1st)

Torrence (2023 2nd)

cook (2022 2nd)

Bernard (2022 3rd)

shakir (2022 5th)

benford (2022 6th)

Rousseau (2021 1st)

Brown (2021 3rd)

Besides getting jumped for Mcduffie and having to settle for Elam our drafting is nearly identical 

There’s 3 differences between us and we all know that what they are:

1) Coaching

2) Injury Luck

3) Hill, Kelce, Jones, Snead.  We have not once had an elite non-QB player in the playoffs step up like those guys do/did. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, khlax3 said:

kincaid (2023 1st)

Torrence (2023 2nd)

cook (2022 2nd)

Bernard (2022 3rd)

shakir (2022 5th)

benford (2022 6th)

Rousseau (2021 1st)

Brown (2021 3rd)

I don't see all pros that list.  I do from KC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

So based on these numbers, and dependent on the Morrow and Hollins deals, they could in theory still have room for another semi-costly piece and still have room for rooks. 

The problem is this can’t happen until post June 1 so barring another release or restructure, I am assuming things have shifted towards the draft at OBD. 

Maybe Mike Williams hangs out until late summer (a la Hopkins last year) and signs a prove-it deal to try and re-establish himself as potential WR1 demonstrating health and ability. 

Williams - 1 year, 10 million dollars with two void years. Fully guaranteed. 

Cap Hits as follows:

2024 - 4 mil

2025 - 3 mil

2026 - 3 mil

Passing the money down the line gives them the space they need to bring in a key player now, spreading the money into years they are currently a bit more flexible. Additionally, if it were to work out an extension would essentially tear up those void years.

• BuffaloBill changed the title to Bills Cap Status - See update 1st post - Bills currently $1.4 - $2.2 over cap 3/14/2024 7:50AM
11 hours ago, SCBills said:

There’s 3 differences between us and we all know that what they are:

1) Coaching

2) Injury Luck

3) Hill, Kelce, Jones, Snead.  We have not once had an elite non-QB player in the playoffs step up like those guys do/did. 

You have won the internet today SC when was the last time someone other then Josh on the defensive or offensive side of the ball went off in a big game for the bills?

12 hours ago, khlax3 said:

kincaid (2023 1st)

Torrence (2023 2nd)

cook (2022 2nd)

Bernard (2022 3rd)

shakir (2022 5th)

benford (2022 6th)

Rousseau (2021 1st)

Brown (2021 3rd)

All nice contributors but no one elite. We have one elite guy on the roster. Gotta start hitting on a few more. 

35 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Bills CANNOT be over the cap by league rules, so these numbers are simply not correct.

They are the best numbers publicly available.  

I agree that the Bills are meeting league requirements somehow. The accounting details are critical and I assume the websites tracking the information probably can’t’ have the exact same information the Bills send to the league.

Just now, LabattBlue said:

How much cap space do the Bills need for their picks?

My understand is it is similar to the savings we get when Tre White comes off the books, so that will be a wash

15 hours ago, CirclnWagons said:

That’s great but a majority of those set starters for next year sat behind the guys that got curb stomped yet again by the chiefs. I’m not down on them and will always take Josh vs the world but we are absolutely in the middle of a rebuild. The guys we’re hanging on to are mid level talent at best and these are Josh’s prime years. As much as i hate to say it, Im starting to believe the talking heads suggesting the Super Bowl window for this squad is shut for good but am sincerely hoping to be proven wrong

Curbed stomped? That's how you define being within striking distance of winning the game with the final drive?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Curbed stomped? That's how you define being within striking distance of winning the game with the final drive?

Well, defensively, I think “curb stomped” would be a fair assessment. And the disturbing thing is, when we look at each of our elimination games since 2020, we find a common denominator: Defense can’t get a stop, can’t get a turnover

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

As much as I detested Von's contract, I do like the Bills have so far not kicked that money down the road by pushing his 2024 salary cap into subsequent years.

Might as well bite it this year and keep the future intact.

We will no doubt release Von on June 2nd 2025 and take our medicine....

• Like (+1) 1