DT Foley Fatukasi Meeting with Bills Today-Signed by Texans

9 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

His full name is Folorunso Ifeyinka Fatukasi. I’ll stick with Foley lol

I'm pretty sure he came over from the other side with Furio and slapped around that low rent massage parlor owner Dominic and that schifosa wife of his.

19 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Maybe this puts some pressure on daquan Jones to make a decision, but it’s gotta be hard to convince a guy who played for over $10m per year the last 2 seasons to take a deal in the $3-4m range which I guess is what Beane wound want him for.  I’d be surprised if we don’t draft a 1 tech this year also.  

The Bills haven't even been in contact with Daquan Jones. They're going in a different direction this season, cheaper and younger.

Looks like we are filling non-premium positions with players that don't hurt the comp pick formula. NT (when the Fatukasi signing becomes official), safety, backup QB, all players that don't count. Davis, Epenesa, and Jones will probably net us a comp pick as long as we sign no more than 2 qualifying UFAs .

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Maybe this puts some pressure on daquan Jones to make a decision, but it’s gotta be hard to convince a guy who played for over $10m per year the last 2 seasons to take a deal in the $3-4m range which I guess is what Beane wound want him for.  I’d be surprised if we don’t draft a 1 tech this year also.  

His last contract was 2022-2024 for 3 years at $30 million.  Unless they get a “cap friendly” number—I’d rather go with Jones for a team friendly two year deal which should be about $2 million less per year then a “realistic” (to) Fatusaki pay cut, don’t see Fatusaki taking a $4 million pay cut to $6 million with no injury discount and that’s where Spotrac has Jones).  

Then for the obvious, getting younger and cheaper, draft Jones’ replacement this year who they can develop for two years with Jones in-house and then the rookie would hopefully be a nice starter on a two year rookie contract freeing up cap space for those two years to use elsewhere after Jones leaves.

Edited by biggerdaddynj
  • Like (+1) 1

He have a spot for a DT with an exotic name since Starlite Lotulelei left. Junior Ah You agrees. Just learned Foley's brother plays LB for the Rams.

Edited by stuvian
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I would guess he’s a Jones replacement but who knows.

I would look to replace Jones. I would take the over on DQ missing more than 5 games...again. Same with J.P.

I hope we come away with 2 DTs (Sweat being one)  and maybe one vet like Fletcher Cox. I'm also high on Maason Smith who can replace Shaq. Better rusher and can play anywhere on the line.

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Bills haven't even been in contact with Daquan Jones. They're going in a different direction this season, cheaper and younger.

Looks like we are filling non-premium positions with players that don't hurt the comp pick formula. NT (when the Fatukasi signing becomes official), safety, backup QB, all players that don't count. Davis, Epenesa, and Jones will probably net us a comp pick as long as we sign no more than 2 qualifying UFAs .

I would be disappointed if the Bills can't find a way to retain Epenesa. Young player who they drafted with a premium pick on the upswing

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I would be disappointed if the Bills can't find a way to retain Epenesa. Young player who they drafted with a premium pick on the upswing

I am with you on that for sure. Maybe a 3 yr. deal with a good signing bonus? I think he's going to get much better.

Edited by nosejob

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Very happy to hear this. 

It stings to lose/move off guys who have been a part of this for years, but they’ve had multiple cracks at it and haven’t shown up (17 aside) when it matters. 

Time to open a new window, with a new mindset and see if this next group can get over the hump.  

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Don’t understand why people would not want Dqan Jones on this team

Except for that time last year, he has not been injury prone

Was playing at and all pro level

He will be 33 this season.

If he wants to play for cheap, sure.. but if I’m guessing correctly, the Bills want to reset some position groups so they’re not paying aging vets year to year.

• Like (+1) 1