Von Miller takes pay cut

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He'll bring in a big ticket player, I'm  betting on 2 of them. 

I agree.  Beane doesn't play the game from the sideline.  He's always in the fight, so there will be some big deals, for sure.  There might be a trade up in the first round.  It could be anything.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Nope and don’t care. I will take Von on a reduced contract that is incentive laden over who at Edge Kingsley Jonathan at this point? 

I’m not sure I’d rather Von than anyone else (nobody in particular) but I am interested in saving money on the cap and he did that. He gets a gold star in my book for it. Could have taken his money and refused a pay cut and then went anywhere he wanted. Good on him. Why he did it we will never know. But good on him. 

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So for seemingly no reason at all, Von agreed to give us $8.6 million in cap relief this year.

This is one time where I will say Beane is a wizard. I have no clue how he pulled it off. Just insane that before even restructuring Allen's contract we have already gotten under the salary cap.

Over the Cap thinks we are saving even more:

While there are no details on the future years of the contract, the new cap charges for Miller should be no more than $9.904 million in 2024, which represents a gain of $13.895 million in cap space for the Bills. It could be slightly more if the team added a void year to the contract. Miller’s dead money for 2025 is now up to $20.667 million and I would not be surprised to find out that the is going to void out that year to try to create a way to use a post June 1 designation in 2025 to ease the salary cap impact. The Bills are now about $2 million over the salary cap after beginning the day $32 million over.

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I agree.  Beane doesn't play the game from the sideline.  He's always in the fight, so there will be some big deals, for sure.  There might be a trade up in the first round.  It could be anything.  

we should enter a bidding war with KC for Chris Jones.  If we lose, they tie up more $$$. If we win, we steal their 2nd best player

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’m siding with over the cap here over spotrac. Not sure how a guy who had 1 tackle all season has any likely to be earned incentives.  

OTC is the site NFL teams use to look at info from other teams. Spotrac has better usability for some stuff, but OTC has better info and a very good calculator for cuts/restructures/etc. If there’s ever a discrepancy you can bet OTC has the correct info. 

25 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

100% spot on. Right now we are only 1 mill in the hole without touching Allen or Dawkins contracts.  I'm betting on a nice solid FA signing and a move up in the draft.

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Over the Cap thinks we are saving even more:

Looks like they're ignoring the "likely to earn" incentives? Those are around $5.6M if I recall? And they actually factor into this year's cap hit when designated that way...iirc

10 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

100% spot on. Right now we are only 1 mill in the hole without touching Allen or Dawkins contracts.  I'm betting on a nice solid FA signing and a move up in the draft.

If we're only $1M in the hole, that means we're actually $11M in the hole until June 1, when Tre's savings actually apply. Will be nice to regain that $10M for signing our draft class and for injury insurance and/or summer spending (think Floyd last season), but we don't actually realize those Tre White savings until a later date.

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Agree 1