Tre White Gone

WotAGuy

1 hour ago, Spiderweb said:

Yes he was...

Sometimes your greatest ability is availability.  Tre was not available for the greater part of 2021-2024.  You can’t have a bunch of old vets on your roster that are coming off major injuries and soaking up a huge portion of your cap.  Tre was my favorite player not named Josh Allen.  It sucks, but he had to go.  

I get the move. It’s a sad day tho. Poyer, White and Hyde were conerstones for the turnaround here and some of the best in the league at their positions for a time. That’s not an easy thing to achieve and we had the joy of watching them. 

Best of luck guys

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Sometimes your greatest ability is availability.  Tre was not available for the greater part of 2021-2024.  You can’t have a bunch of old vets on your roster that are coming off major injuries and soaking up a huge portion of your cap.  Tre was my favorite player not named Josh Allen.  It sucks, but he had to go.  

Not arguing whether he should be retained or not, just that he was a great player before the injuries and that he was coming around to regaining his skills when his Achilles gave out. Sad.....

• Agree 2

He was a pleasure to watch. I hope he goes somewhere and balls out. I could certainly see him intercepting Josh Allen sometime in the future if he plays for an AFC team.

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Farewell Goalie Academy, and we thank you.

I’ll always remember Tre pointing out the penalty behind the ref’s back.  He was a playful personality with a lot of talent.  Definitely sad the way his career has gone recently. 

• Like (+1) 4

Does anyone know if their are implications since he is injured?  During training camp I often hear about how you cannot waive an injured player.  Is that different in the offseason?  I have to assume he is not yet cleared.

13 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Does anyone know if their are implications since he is injured?  During training camp I often hear about how you cannot waive an injured player.  Is that different in the offseason?  I have to assume he is not yet cleared.

During the season is one thing for injured players.  Tre was fully paid for the year of his injury.

3 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I’ll always remember Tre pointing out the penalty behind the ref’s back.  He was a playful personality with a lot of talent.  Definitely sad the way his career has gone recently. 

….and studying the other teams plays that blew onto the field.  😂 He just looked like he was having fun out there, when he was healthy. I hope he can get back to his old form in time. Bad breaks for the poor guy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Augie said:

….and studying the other teams plays that blew onto the field.  😂 He just looked like he was having fun out there, when he was healthy. I hope he can get back to his old form in time. Bad breaks for the poor guy. 

That was a classic as well!  🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/6/2024 at 4:50 PM, HappyDays said:

The only thing I don't understand is why the post-6/1 designation? We won't be able to use that $10M until after FA has dried up, unless the plan is to roll it over to 2025.

That being said I am really happy that Beane went this route. I did not think he had it in him.

The team will need at least that much cap space after 6/1 for extensions, the transition to the 53 man roster, practice squad and in season moves. 

Tre is the type of player I gravitate to.  Great player.  Good guy.  Effective (football is business) and fun (football is entertainment).

My favorite Tre moment …

Edited by Neo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

One of the funniest things ever on a field of play and clearly meant in good fun, not in a Pats sort of way.

• Like (+1) 2