Could the Bills be looking at Denver?

1 minute ago, HomeTeam said:

But why would they move on from them? 

I don't think they will without a very good offer, but they have a lot of dead cap from cutting Russ. They're entering into a rebuild and they may not be there by the time they draft a new QB so getting picks to drafts guys to go with the new QB might be desirable to them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HomeTeam said:

But why would they move on from them? 

The answer is obvious: the Russ' contact post cut means they are getting hammered on the cap. Wilson alone will be $35 M this year and $50 M next, simply to not have him on the team anymore. Combined with not having a QB they have a massive millstone around their necks until 2026. A prudent thing to do would be to make cap room and ship off vets with expiring contracts for draft picks.

The problem with the Bills moving on it is that these players, while good, aren't a perfect fit for our needs and cap situation. Jeudy, while a great player, is more of the role that the Bills have for Shakir. Sutton has a $12 M base salary for the next two years that the Bills would be on the hook for.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The answer is obvious: the Russ' contact post cut means they are getting hammered on the cap. Wilson alone will be $35 M this year and $50 M next, simply to not have him on the team anymore. Combined with not having a QB they have a massive millstone around their necks until 2026. A prudent thing to do would be to make cap room and ship off vets with expiring contracts for draft picks.

The problem with the Bills moving on it is that these players, while good, aren't a perfect fit for our needs and cap situation. Jeudy, while a great player, is more of the role that the Bills have for Shakir. Sutton has a $12 M base salary for the next two years that the Bills would be on the hook for.

Im going with nope for $1000.00 Alex.  Draft is our best bet 

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I am sure we could make good use of Jerry Jeudy as a starting WR with Josh Allen.  If a guy can run fast, run good routes and has solid hands, he can play for us regardless of who else we have.

That's like saying we can't have more then one Stefan Diggs.  LOL

I think we get a 1st rounder, and either Boyd or Bourne.  And that'd be just fine.

I'd rather trade up in the 1st round for a better prospect than trade for one of these guys & their larger contracts.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

I suppose it’s possible we are looking to acquire Denver’s 12th overall pick…that’s a little rich, but could get us one of the Big 3 WRs…

Such a trade would likely be contingent on who is available on draft night. That said, I think it likely that the top three guys are gone by that point (Harrison, Odunze, Nabers). If so, is Thomas worth a pick that high? Brock Bowers certainly is, but I don’t think he will be an option for us.

Edited by NORWOODS FOOT

9 minutes ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

Such a trade would likely be contingent on who is available on draft night. That said, I think it likely that the top three guys are gone by that point (Harrison, Odunze, Nabers). If so, is Thomas worth a pick that high? Brock Bowers certainly is, but I don’t think he will be an option for us.

I agree...looks to me like all of the big three will be gone by then.  I had some hope that Odunze would last until then, but I think his combine performance put that to rest.  And yes, it seems a little high to pick Thomas Jr, Worthy, or Mitchell.  Any such trade would have to be a draft day situation, dependent on who's available.

4 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

the chances of the Bills trading for a WR are slim to none. And Slim just left town

Equal chances of the Bills pursuing FA WR's.

Why do you believe that? You don't think they try any FA WR's at all? 

26 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

the chances of the Bills trading for a WR are slim to none. And Slim just left town

Equal chances of the Bills pursuing FA WR's.

Just a friendly reminder Doug, you are no longer the GM!  BTW Watkins and EJ suck!

I think Buffalo needs cost controlled options at wr.  Sutton will be pricey.  Juedy imo is over rated.  Pick up 2 in draft and the room will be in good shape. 

• Agree 1