NFL Scouting Combine 2024

KingBoots8

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

Was wondering why so many want us to grab Milton late… I get it now. Guy could be a great backup for us. 

He is ungodly inaccurate. If you think you can put him on the Josh Allen plan than go for it but he's more of a PS guy in year 1 to me than a viable NFL backup.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

McConkey had a tremendous gauntlet. 

I love McConkey. I'm a UGA fan (I live just outside of Athens.) He's easily one of my favorite players in the draft.

He'd need to be the second receiver we take, unfortunately, and he'll be gone way before #60. Not to mention some folks here would go apoplectic if we double dipped on receiver the first two rounds. (And to be fair, they'd probably be right about that.)

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Was wondering why so many want us to grab Milton late… I get it now. Guy could be a great backup for us. 

His writeups remind me of Josh Allen and wouldn't mind taking a flier on him as could develop and then be moved for a higher pick than we drafted him type situation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I love McConkey. I'm a UGA fan (I live just outside of Athens.) He's easily one of my favorite players in the draft.

He'd need to be the second receiver we take, unfortunately, and he'll be gone way before #60. Not to mention some folks here would go apoplectic if we double dipped on receiver the first two rounds. (And to be fair, they'd probably be right about that.)

I had him at # 5 in my rankings and he is not an ideal fit for the Bills but if you are to believe Brandon Beane that they are just looking for playmakers and guys who can separate and get open and don't care about body types than McConkey has to be in consideration at 28. I am coming around on the idea of him even though he's not a perfect fit and will never be a true # 1 WR.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I had him at # 5 in my rankings and he is not an ideal fit for the Bills but if you are to believe Brandon Beane that they are just looking for playmakers and guys who can separate and get open and don't care about body types than McConkey has to be in consideration at 28. I am coming around on the idea of him even though he's not a perfect fit and will never be a true # 1 WR.

Dammit. I can't really be rational about my favorites. I think they need to get a big X. It has to be Thomas, Mitchell, or Legette at #28. (Or maybe Coleman -- don't want to upset @HappyDays). But McConkey has late first talent. Folks can argue all they like, I won't budge.

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Mitchell looked great in the 40 & gauntlet.  Now he's dropping everything during qb drill.

It's all part of the master plan.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Dammit. I can't really be rational about my favorites. I think they need to get a big X. It has to be Thomas, Mitchell, or Legette at #28.

But McConkey has late first talent. Folks can argue all they like, I won't budge.

It's all part of the master plan.

Sandbag 😃

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Beane is going to draft DL round 1, and move up in the 2nd for McConkey. He just can’t help himself!!!

The best DTs that will go in the first play 3T, the same position Ed does. Sweat is not a first rounder. Latu will be gone before #28. The only dumb thing that could muck it up is taking Chop Robinson, which might happen. It would be dumb, but I don't discount the possibility.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Id love to draft Joe. He is the poundland Josh Allen. Like the Ravens model where Huntley is the poundland Lamar.

There's no green check mark laughing emoji hybrid . . .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Id love to draft Joe. He is the poundland Josh Allen. Like the Ravens model where Huntley is the poundland Lamar.

For all my fellow Americans. poundland is of course British for dollar store.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

He is ungodly inaccurate. If you think you can put him on the Josh Allen plan than go for it but he's more of a PS guy in year 1 to me than a viable NFL backup.

He's 65% his last 2 collegiate seasons. And he's been on the money today.  Yeah I'm drafting this kid rather than waste 2-3 million every year on the Barkley, Tribisky,  Allen brigade.  Now Milton is putting on a show during the Josh drill.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

He's 65% his last 2 collegiate seasons. And he's been on the money today.  Yeah I'm drafting this kid rather than waste 2-3 million every year on the Barkley, Tribisky,  Allen brigade.  Now Milton is putting on a show during the Josh drill.

EJ Manuel threw over 65% too and he sucked in the NFL and was inaccurate.  Guys who throw bubble screens all day are different than guys who have to throw a 15 yard dig route or a 14 yard comeback.

My impressions from only the qb drills

1 nix - accurate, and a strong rhythm thrower.  Doing know if he can be effective at the next level, but he screams career backup or platoon starter

2. Leary - best throws in the drills.  Thought he looked really strong.  Even has a bit of arm to him on the deep shots.  Would be an interesting guy to stash for a year 

3. Milton.  Allen lite.  Arm for days, but every 4th throw looks badddd.  Great stash for someone

4. McCarthey - not a fan.  Looks inconsistent and nothing jumps out to me.   Has a great throw here and there, but not a fan.  What’s interesting, idk if his first throw in any drill was good

5.  Hartman - bad day, looks to be the worst by a bit

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don’t think they can afford to spend a pick before late 5th on backup QB (need 2-4 to replenish D), but Milton is interesting as a backup candidate.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

EJ Manuel threw over 65% too and he sucked in the NFL and was inaccurate.  Guys who throw bubble screens all day are different than guys who have to throw a 15 yard dig route or a 14 yard comeback.

You do realize we're talking about a backup for Josh who will likely never see the field nor will he cost us 3M/ yr.  EJ was a starter.  Poor analogy. 

You do realize we're talking about a backup for Josh who will likely never see the field nor will he cost us 3M/ yr.  EJ was a starter.  Poor analogy. 

What does that have to do  with it? I didn't say he was a starter I was just bringing up Manuel because he was a 65% passer in College and was inaccurate and that him saying Milton being a 65% college passer isn't an indicator of his accuracy. Its a perfectly fair analogy.

Not all 65% passers are the same when one team is throwing downfield(Josh Allen) versus guys who are throwing quick screens all day.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

So big and athletic, not the very smoothest but at that size pretty good.

He is a guy who can take those WR screens we run and go.

Also with that size I’d hope he could be a plus blocker like Davis is

12 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I don’t think they can afford to spend a pick before late 5th on backup QB (need 2-4 to replenish D), but Milton is interesting as a backup candidate.

I think we could use an early 6th on him easily. Tired of wasting 3M per year on rehashed vets who aren't seeing the field anyway. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

What does that have to do  with it? I didn't say he was a starter I was just bringing up Manuel because he was a 65% passer in College and was inaccurate and that him saying Milton being a 65% college passer isn't an indicator of his accuracy. Its a perfectly fair analogy.

Not all 65% passers are the same when one team is throwing downfield(Josh Allen) versus guys who are throwing quick screens all day.

Clearly your not a Milton fan and I'm not in the mood to spar so I'll leave it at that.

• Haha (+1) 1

Clearly your not a Milton fan and I'm not in the mood to spar so I'll leave it at that.

Im not against Milton he's just inaccurate lol. You could tell today he was trying to work on his accuracy today because he was taking a lot off the ball. I'm guessing whoever his trainer is telling him he doesn't need to howitzer it everytime. He wasn't good at the senior bowl either. He has a ton of upside if he can ever harness his physical traits.

I also believe that some team will draft him higher because of his traits than the Bills probably want to spend. I think Milton will probably go in round 4 which I don't think the Bills will be in the market before then.

Some very high verts from the second group so far.

• Malik Washington - 42.5"
  • Ricky Pearsall - 42"
  • Xavier Worthy - 41"
  • Tez Walker - 40.5"
  • Rome Odunze - 39"
  • Brian Thomas - 38.5"
  • Isaiah Williams - 38"
  • Johnny Wilson - 37"

Broad jumps:

• Tez Walker - 11'2"
  • Xavier Worthy - 10'11"
  • Ja'Lynn Polk - 10'9"
  • Ricky Pearsall - 10'9"
  • Johnny Wilson - 10'8"
Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, KingBoots8 said:

Had a pretty good Combine. Here’s the summary:

40 yard dash: 4.47

10 yard split: 1.51

Vert Jump: 40”

Broad Jump: 10’ 11”

3 Cone Drill: 6.99s

20 Yard Shuttle: 4.01s

Bench Press: 14 reps

I have a late 3rd grade on him

40" is amazing hops.  That has to be a combine high

I'm sorry if I'm late to the party on this, but my goodness JJ McCarthy looks like ass when he's asked to throw beyond the sticks. Really bad performance on the go routes today. 

2 hours ago, Whkfc said:

4.35 for AD Mitchel wow that will raise his stock

Ive been hoping Mitchell makes it to Bills.  He will be one of best WRs from this class in the NFL IMO

• Agree 1